Upper lip doesn't cover front 2 teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

UGHBRACES

Upper lip doesn't cover front 2 teeth

#1 Post by UGHBRACES »

This is one thing i never asked my ortho about. But if my mouth is slightly open, you can see over half of my front 2 teeth. I do have a slight protrusion, so maybe when those teeth get pulled back in perfect line my lip will cover more of them. But i just can't see it covering much more because they don't really protrude THAT much. Is there anything else that can be done to correct this? It just makes me look like a rabbit its embarrassing... and i have a tendency to always have my lip open a bit unless i am being conscience about keeping it closed.

Here is my normal smile

The Arch

And here is the way my mouth tends to naturally rest. Bugs Bunny!!

UGHBRACES

#2 Post by UGHBRACES »

Oh and just as a side note, here is the arch when i got braced 2 months ago, and the arch in the above post is how it currently looks. It has rounded out some, something to be happy about anyway :)

BracedVeryLate

#3 Post by BracedVeryLate »

UGH,
i also had two bugs bunny teeth, but they appear less so now that my braces have been on almost 6 months. since the two adjacent teeth on top have come down a bit, they seem less noticeable... i think once your front teeth become all lined up, it should look fine. i think i am not incorrect in saying that many people would like their top teeth to show a bit more, so i think your final outcome will be fine.

laurahalvey

#4 Post by laurahalvey »

Just call me Bucky Badger!

My upper lip has never covered my teeth, even the 3rd time with braces isn't helping. Some people just have a short uppper lip.

:roll: I can relate.
Braced for the third time.....

final adjustment 8/21 and debanding 8/27!

PuppySmiles

#5 Post by PuppySmiles »

Great progress, Ugh!

I think your teeth look nice.

One interesting thing that I didn't expect was that my wire had some bend up and down. And it has actually pulled two of my teeth down out of my gums a bit, leveling them with my other teeth.

Is there a possibility that your two front teeth are going to travel up into your gums at all?

I'm not an ortho, just throwing an idea out there.

UGHBRACES

#6 Post by UGHBRACES »

I am not sure. The only thing he did say is that my laterals are to small and that i will probably need some bonding done on those for better aesthetics. I don't think the front ones should be pushed up though as the length they are now match what they should be in comparison to my canines(as far as i know anyway..). But he said he is going to widen my arch a little to make room to push all my front teeth back(this is because i was opposed to extractions, but the need for extractions is gonna be reviewed again at approx. the 9 month mark), so i guess i just have to wait and see how it all goes.

artprincess

#7 Post by artprincess »

when relaxed, my top lip didnt cover either before getting braces and they brought my teeth forward.