feeling discouraged today

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracegirl77

feeling discouraged today

#1 Post by bracegirl77 »

I have had my braces on for about six months now and although I have seen some progress. It seems like it is taking this gap between my two front teeth forever to close up. I mean I know it's not going to happen overnight ,but I thought that I would have seen more progress than this. I have had powerchains on for the last few adjustments. Now my ortho wants to see me every two weeks to change my wires. These teeth are moving so slow besides the gap my bite is fine so I won't need the rubber bands. oh and I do have a mild overbite. My question is this could I be Possibly doing something wrong. Because I see everyone else progress and I wonder if I will ever get to that point. :cry:

bracegirl77

#2 Post by bracegirl77 »

Thanks for the encouragement Meryaten You always give the best advice. I want to post some pics but everytime I take them they don't turn out right.

bracegirl77

#3 Post by bracegirl77 »

Thanks will do. :)

jjjmac

#4 Post by jjjmac »

Sorry you're feeling disappointed. I've seen some pictures and posts of "fast movers" here too and I know that can make it all the harder! I've only had mine on for about 2 months but I've seen really no movement at all except maybe a millimeter on one tooth but nothing with the rest.

It seems like most people do have a stage where the teeth don't really seem to move - maybe our stage of that is just closer to the beginning than the middle point.

Hang in there!
First Ortho Consult: 6/12/08
4 premolars extracted: 11/4/08
Braced Upper & Lower w/TPA: 11/6/08
Debraced: 11/18/10

iBorg

#5 Post by iBorg »

I know exactly what you feel like.....If these will just move there, I'll be almost done." They'll move at their own pace. You'll accept you're that one person in the world where your teeth won't move and then one day you'll look in the mirror and the movement will be there. I agree with the suggestion to take a picture. Then ignore your space. Take another picture in a month and then compare your progress.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

bracegirl77

#6 Post by bracegirl77 »

Thank you guys for all of your support . iBorg that's a good idea people have told me that they see the space closing up. But I guess because I see it everday I can't tell the difference. :roll: But I will take a pic and compare the change.

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

#7 Post by blindboarder2008 »

another good idea for pictures that i've heard a few people do is gettting pictures from your dentist of when they initially took pics and then if they take pictures again then get those and compare them. I know for me, at my second cleaning apt my dentist took pictures of my teeth to send to the ortho doc so they could compare the pics to the initial pics. perhaps maybe if your dentist takes pics he or she might be nice enough to print you out a copy if you asked them? perhaps???? taking pictures with your camera is a good idea and probably a bit better because you can take them any time you want although the quality of the pics might not be the same as the dental pictures that are taken with the special camera

hang in there, your teeth will move soon i'm sure!
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

PuppySmiles

#8 Post by PuppySmiles »

For what it's worth, I've seen some posts around here with many people lamenting that it seems to take a long time for gaps to close.