TMA Wire

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

funshine

TMA Wire

#1 Post by funshine »

I had an adjustment earlier this morning and as the ortho was poking around he told the asst. that next adjustment he'd do TMJ. I asked the asst. later what he said (honestly I thought he said TNA). But she said TMJ wire and its lots of fun and winked at me. :shock:

I should have asked more questions, but I had to get back to work. Is this some kind of device? I can't find anything really online. Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful.

Thanks!
Last edited by funshine on Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Could be a TMA wire (titanium molybdenum alloy). I had one a couple of times, don't ask me what it does though.

funshine

#3 Post by funshine »

Ooooh, I bet it is TMA wire. My hearing was really bad yesterday. :lol:

I'll have to see if I can find anything online about that wire. Thanks

funshine

#4 Post by funshine »

I got nothing. I found reference to TMA wire, but nothing about what it does specifically. Anyone know?

I have rectangle 20's on upper and lower now. Going to TMA (I believe only on lower) in Feb.

funshine

#5 Post by funshine »

Interesting :P

He did say my teeth have lined up nicely. He also said I needed some root work done. The root on my rotated tooth (that's now nearly straight!) needs to be moved forward. I wonder if they use the bends to accomplish that?

How exciting! One year down and I'm thinking 6-8 months or so to go. I'm patient, though. However long it takes! :lol: