~*!Arby's Brace Story!*~**Bad Luck and More Bad Luck***

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Rio UK

#16 Post by Rio UK »

Congrats on your b-day too!! We can follow each others progress now :D
Invisalign upper teeth on July 16th 2008: 14 aligners.
Fixed brace bottom teeth 8th October 2008!

jjjmac

hooray

#17 Post by jjjmac »

Glad to hear you made it through b-day okay, Arby. I had 8 molar bands (w/brackets) put on yesterday and I get brackets on the rest on 10/6 - all except my four front teeth on top and bottom. I guess I am getting "sectionals" to start.

What I'm having huge problems with are the big "brackets" on my molar bands on the inside of my bite where my stupid TPA is going to go. They rest on my tongue and scrape me every time I do anything - even swallow! THOSE are horrible. So be glad you were spared that much! :)

Arbywhopper

#18 Post by Arbywhopper »

So it has been a week since braces went on. I'm still in no pain!! And i havne't seen any movement. All in all its been okay. I went out to dinner on Friday night, that was very odd. Everything was stuck everywhere!!! So i got my kit and headed for the bathroom to brush and rinse. It wasn't as bad as i thought. even though it felt like everyone was looking at me. I guess i will get over that feeling. At least i hope. Other than that everything has been uneventful. I do have a pokeing wire on the right side, but it really doesn't bother me unless i'm sleeping on that one side. I have cracked my retainer from my clenching. I hope i see some movement, soon. I look everyday!!! But there is no rush, i will have braces for another 3 years.

I have tried a couple times to post pictures, but i have had no luck. I will keep trying.

-Arby
Spacers: October 2, 2008
Top Braces: October 7, 2008
Sentence: 36 Months
Click the "www" for my braces story!! Progress Pic's Posted!!!

jxds

#19 Post by jxds »

Hey, Arby

Congratulations! That's great that you didn't have any pain! If you haven't had any by now, you will probably won't have pain at all, at least until later adjustments...: this is a journey full of surprises!

Don't worry, you will get used to the food getting stuck everywhere, soon less food will get stuck and you will learn how to take it out with some water and your tongue! And, of course, you'll fell ok about brushing everywhere!

looking forward to see your pics!

Arbywhopper

#20 Post by Arbywhopper »

So it’s been almost 3 weeks. Still I'm in no pain!! This is good!! But I still haven't seen any movement. :( I'm use to having the braces and I’m glad to report that I don't taste the metal anymore. I had to go and get one of the molar bands shaved down, that was all the events I have had in braces. My Hubby went in to the ortho for a consultation last week. That went rather well. The ortho said that he would have to study the case before he makes a treatment plan. This is normal. He goes back on the same day that I have my adjustment. It’s really cool how they work with everything.

I hope with the adjustment coming up I will see some movement. :?

I haven’t been able to upload any pictures. So I finally broke down and I’ve invited my brother over to help me. So we will have pictures tonight!!! *fingers crossed everything goes well!!

Arbywhopper

#21 Post by Arbywhopper »

So it’s been a little while since I’ve been on here to update, sorry for that. No new updates on my braces. I've been rather sick the past three weeks. I had strep throat followed by kidney stones. Not fun at all and very painful!! Now this week one of the stones has blocked my bladder so, yup you guessed it, I can't urinate!! The doctor said that he can't see me until Tuesday the 11th!!! Don't you think that is a really long time to wait? I mean come on!!! So I think I’m going to head to the emergency room tonight, because it is getting very painful!!! On top of everything else my husband lost his job today due to our lovely failing economy!!! It’s so wonderful!!! I hope that everything will get better and I just hope he finds another job FAST!!

Sorry everyone I’m just venting. I guess it’s just easier to do it on here!!

-Arby

Arbywhopper

Arby's Brace Story!!! Pic's Uploaded Today 11/17

#22 Post by Arbywhopper »

So today is the day for my first adjustment!! yay!! I have finally uploaded a picture from my first day in braces. I have some more, but they are on my parents digital camera, so i have to put them on a CD and up load them. There has been some major changes. Later today i will take another picture of my teeth before i go i for my adjustment so you all can see the difference.

-Arby

Arbywhopper

#23 Post by Arbywhopper »

Okay so I wasn't able to go to my first adjustment on Monday. :( The ortho was sick so they had to cancel all of the appointments for that day I’m scheduled to go back in on Monday the 24th.

Here is an updated progress pic. I'm very happy with the progress so far. :D

Hope you enjoy.

-Arby

my3sons

#24 Post by my3sons »

I can't believe how different your smile is already...it gives me hope!

shinyRiver

#25 Post by shinyRiver »

oh my GOSH. I am so impressed! that's really an amazing difference. your smile is 10 times better already!

Arbywhopper

#26 Post by Arbywhopper »

Okay so this I just figured this out. I've taken the two previous pictures with my cells phones. The first one was taken with my old cell phone which was a razor. Well when I took the picture I had the phone shut so I could see myself on the screen. I have a new phone now and you can't shut the screen to see yourself when you take a picture. So the pictures are back wards from each other. HA HA HA :BigTeethGrin: I only knew this because of the color of my ligs. Wow!! I’m a dork!! Lol!! But there is a big difference. Thanks for the comments. :) I can't till I see more improvements!!

-Arby

RainAndTangerines

#27 Post by RainAndTangerines »

WOW!!! You're progress is amazing so far, it's looking good!

Arbywhopper

#28 Post by Arbywhopper »

So I had my first adjustment yesterday, and I only have one word OUCH!!!!!! This is more painful than getting them put on!!! But it’s not too bad. I went ahead and got red and green for the holidays. At my next appointment he will evaluate me and see where I am so I can get my bottom braces!! Yay!! He said everything is coming along nicely. My overbite is developing, which is what he wants. I also have a gap between my front two teeth, which I’m guessing is normal, for now. I also asked him about making my teeth appear "bigger." I know you all are probably thinking I’m crazy, but I’ve been looking at everyone else’s pictures and I have small teeth! Be said it’s because my bite was so deep my teeth were angled backwards, instead of projecting out. He said that he would be able to make my teeth come forward so they will look better and bigger.

Also my husband had his consult with my ortho yesterday!!! He has to get 4 teeth pulled the he will be in braces for about 2 years. So I’m working on finding an oral surgeon for him. The ortho said his bit was slightly off, as well as his midline, but other than that he just has overcrowding. We both want to get out teeth fixed so at our 10th year anniversary we can renew out vows and have pretty smiles.

From the first day in Braces

Picture from Today

(just remember they are backwards)

-Arby
Last edited by Arbywhopper on Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shinyRiver

#29 Post by shinyRiver »

I'm so happy for you and your husband! That is so exciting that you'll be going through this together! Oh, to dream of all the romantic, candle-lit soft food dinners you will enjoy together! :wink: No, but seriously, that is way cool.

And I think your ortho is right about your teeth, they look bigger already. I'm sure once they all come forward they'll look much bigger and you'll have a much toothier smile. :D

Arbywhopper

#30 Post by Arbywhopper »

So i'm a little late on my 2 month brace anniversary, but nonetheless i'm more than extatic about my movement. I don't have a gap between my two front teeth, and my other tooth is coming into line with all the others. :jump: I'm super excited about all the movement. i can't wait to get the bottoms braced and see even more movement.

Hubby has hit a set back in his begining ortho stages. He has to have knee surgery! :( Hopefully soon after his recovery we will get him started.

i have posted a pic of my progress.

-Arby
Last edited by Arbywhopper on Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.