Fluffy's Story: IPR BETWEEN FRONT TEETH! (Pix pg8)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

iBorg

#91 Post by iBorg »

Flufster:
It looks like its moved a tad. Not enough to have it join the band. Maybe they need to send it an invite?

I'm glad your spirits are high.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

OzKelly

#92 Post by OzKelly »

Hi,

I just read your story, and looked at your pics. It looks like I have finaly found someone with the same impacted tooth as me (in fact I thought for a second there I was looking at MY X Ray hehe).

I have an impacted Canine also (on the other side I think) and my baby tooth never fell out (well I have 3 baby teeth), so he has extracted my baby teeth and hooked a little wire to the impacted tooth in the hope of coaxing it to come down to where it belongs. So far I have only had it for 2 weeks, and the bracket has already popped off once. It's back on now, a bit tighter and fingers crossed it comes down. Not looking forward to the alternative to be honest.

Looking forward to watching your progress.

Kelly

fluffybottom

#93 Post by fluffybottom »

flesh-was-sweet
Maybe it's just my eyes wanting to see movement but, when I was looking at my week 16 picture... it looks like it has moved? Perhaps? A little?

iBorg
Oh, I think it will be a LONG WHILE (if ever) before it can join the band. It is waaaaaay up there.

OzKelly
Yeah, me neither! I really, really, really hope it can come down because to say I would prefer NOT to get an implant is a vast understatement! Here's good luck to the both of us!

Now, like I said above ... maybe it has moved a little? I can't tell if it is a slight change in camera angle, sheer hope and optimism or if it has actually started to come down some. What do you guys think?

I had my braces on for 2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks and 2 days.

Ashley

wow!

#94 Post by Ashley »

If i didn't know any better i would say this was my mouth!! except my impacted canine was on the right. im halfway through treatment, dont worry it will be where you want in no time!!:D

BracedVeryLate

#95 Post by BracedVeryLate »

Fluffy - looks like it's moved a hair down! but a little is better than nothing. but, more noticeable is the change in your top midline, look how it has moved to a move central position!!
good luck with that pesky canine....

fluffybottom

#96 Post by fluffybottom »

Ashley
How long did it take your tooth to move into place? I was feeling pretty blue about my canine because after five weeks, I didn't think it moved at all. But! I have been scrutinizing the photos and I'm pretty sure it's moved a little which has made me all happy and excited and hopeful! Did your tooth move at a consistent rate? Or did it start slow and then pick up speed?

BracedVeryLate
I'm pretty happy with how my top arch is shaping up. There's still movement to be had (excluding the impacted canine) and I'm a little worried because one of my front teeth now seems to come down farther than the other. But I'm sure it'll all work itself out in the end. I hope she does a little IPR between my front teeth to minimize the space there (they touch at the bottom but don't come together above that). Even if she doesn't though, it's not a big deal.

So, yeah! I have been looking at the hi-rez versions of my week 10 and week 17 photos, superimposing them atop each other with lowered opacity to see how things line up and compare. Even taking into account differences in angles, I'm now 90% certain that the tooth has moved! The button used to be closed to the center of my mouth than it is now so .. HURRAH!

Is it safe for me to assume, since it's moved a little, that the tooth is not ankylosed? Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease let it mean that! It would make me sooooooo happy to crank up the hope for this tooth!

YAY!

And, since I'm already posting, I'll throw in week 17 pictures at no additional charge!

fluffybottom

#97 Post by fluffybottom »

Woohoo! 4 months down! 18 weeks under my belt! Only... 60 - 86 more weeks to go.

ALRIGHT!

Week 18:

AND! Because I finally seemed to get a camera angle that was very close to my week 10 photo (when I got the button and powerchain put on my exposed impacted canine), I made an animation:

I definitely see movement! Which means the tooth isn't ankylosed (right? right??)! Which is very good news!

Keep moving, Roof Toof!

iBorg

#98 Post by iBorg »

Flufster:
I'd answer but it looks like Roofy Toothy is moving. Great sign!!!

I'd advice against counting weeks. Seems too much like counting the days before Christmas, the hours before the weekend or the months before your boss retires. Counting it down makes time stand still. Plus if you're like me, it gets depressing thinking you're only halfway there.

Mike
Last edited by iBorg on Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

catfish

#99 Post by catfish »

Oh Wow!! That roof toof really is moving! Yay! Yippee!! That is outstanding!
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

mynameisjonas

#100 Post by mynameisjonas »

Hi fluffy!

My new canines hurt today and I thought of you... is that weird? lol. Anyway, I remembered that you were getting your canine pulled down and I wanted to see your progress. They seem to be coming down! Yay! I'm excited for you and I hope it works out.

Anyway I was curious. When I got my canines exposed I used to push at it with my tongue and maybe prod at them a little with my finger to try to get them out (which is silly and my doctor would probably not approve!) Do you do the same to make them "move" faster?

lifeisgood

#101 Post by lifeisgood »

Good progress you've got going there :D I love your animation!

fluffybottom

#102 Post by fluffybottom »

iBorg
I can't help counting the weeks! But doing so doesn't seem to slow things down for me; in fact, I can't believe how quickly it is all flying by. In less than a week, I'll have had my top arch braces for five months! It still seems like I just got them on.

catfish
Yeah, I'm very pleased! There's no saying if it will come all the way down or if it will get stuck (the tooth is at a really difficult angle in relation to the roots of my other teeth) but that it is moving at all is enough to put a big smile on my face!

mynameisjonas
Ahahaha! YES! I push on it with my tongue, too. I know that it probably does nothing because, honestly, if all it took was a tongue push, it probably wouldn't be impacted. Still, it feels like I am being proactive and encouraging. Like a little 'Rah Rah Come on, Tooth!' cheerleading from my tongue.

;)

Meryaten
I like to move it, move it! *shakes her booty* Hahaha..

lifeisgood
Thanks! In regard to my impacted canine, I see a little movement week to week, sometimes even day to day. As long as it keeps trucking, I'll be happy!

Still a few weeks until my next adjustment (I'll be getting a heavier wire and, I think, they will be attaching a chain from the impacted canine directly to the wire -- but I might have misunderstood that part) but I thought I'd post my most recent pictures because there has been some more movement! Not so much with my top arch -- there hasn't been too much of a change there for weeks now (which is vaguely frustrating; my arch is definitely a lot better than what I started with -- A LOT better -- but my two front teeth are still sitting sliiiiightly behind the teeth on either side of them. It's not so noticeable in the pictures but I can feel it with my tongue) but my impacted canine continues to crawl along. The movements are small but I am very excited about it getting closer and closer to where it needs to be. I can't wait to see my ortho and show her my progress! Perhaps now that it is moving, she'll be able to guess how long it will take to get into place.

In other news, I have somehow figured out a way to go back to my nail biting habit despite wearing braces. This, of course, is not a good thing! But I am thinking that it will probably come to an abrupt stop again once I get my lower arch braced (which should be pretty soon! Late October/early November, most likely). I don't always feel like the prettiest thing with these braces -- especially for a while when I was sporting a 15 lb weight loss after the canine exposure -- but most of the time, I don't even notice them. I recently got my hair colored a delicious dark brown/black hue that makes me feel gorgeous and I'm happy to say I have gained back about half the weight I lost so my face is starting to look fuller again.

YAY!

And for your animated pleasure (I can't wait to do one of these when my treatment is over and it goes from pre-brace all the way to post-brace!):

I don't post all my pictures here, just when I think there has been enough change to warrant a post. However, I do take pictures every week and I have them all up at http://rooftoof.blogspot.com/ if anyone wants to see them all.

flesh-was-sweet

#103 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Wow fluffybottom - your tooth is certainly on the move!!

Willy George

#104 Post by Willy George »

Girl,your posts are really giving me hope!!

Your animations are great,and please,keep up the good work! I´m hoping you´ll get this tooth down a lot sooner than you think!

I´ve got the same problem,and I´ve been trough the damn surgery last thursday,so my roof is still pretty messed up and I can´t see much ( maybe because of all the stinchs). Anyway,I´m about to complete 21 years and hear a lot from ppl that it´s too late and all..but looking at your progress is inspiring!

All the best for you!

fluffybottom

#105 Post by fluffybottom »

flesh-was-sweet
I can't even tell you how relieved I was when I first noticed it was moving. I had been so afraid that it was going to be fused to the bone!

Willy George
Good luck to you and your own troublesome tooth! I bet you'll start seeing movement before you know it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the both of us!

CHAPTER FIVE: THIRD ADJUSTMENT
Two weeks ago, I had my third adjustment. It was a quick visit but I got a new, thicker wire (0.18 x 0.25, I think she said -- by the way, I have been meaning to ask: does anyone know what all the various different wires do? In layman's terms, that is...). The orthodontist also had the tech wire-tie my teeth to keep them all from moving too much and I got a new chain on my impacted tooth. But the most exciting thing? They took impressions of my lower arch to prepare the brackets they put on yesterday! Yaaay!

CHAPTER SIX: FOURTH ADJUSTMENT AND LOWER ARCH BRACED!
Exciting day! Yesterday I went in to have my lower braces put on. I thought that was all they were going to do but they also adjusted my top arch, too. They took off the coil, added little hook things for my eventual elastics and changed the way my chain is attached to my impacted tooth.

Putting on the lower braces went smoothly although, I must say, they are tearing up the inside of my mouth much worse than the top ones ever did. One of the reasons, I am sure, is that my lower teeth are much more crooked than my top ones were so the brackets are all sitting at strange, sharp angles. I might actually have to use wax for the first time! Eating is also proving to be a challenge -- not because my teeth hurt because they don't (yet) but because of the build-ups on my teeth. Because of my overbite, my top teeth were making contact with my lower braces so they had to put on build-ups to keep me from chipping my teeth. Since my molars don't touch now, it makes chewing very difficult. Hopefully I will get the hang of it! It would be a shame for me to lose the weight I just gained back from my exposure surgery in May.

Let's see, what else. I asked her about my impacted tooth and even though it is moving, she still can't say for certain if it will successfully come down (because of the angle, it has to kind of 'turn a corner' to get into place). But I am choosing to be optimistic rather than uncertain because, well, I have faith in my tooth! It's moved this far, right? RIGHT! I also asked her about the upper gap between my two front teeth and if I am going to be stuck with it. She let me know that she will be using IPR and that she'll pull those teeth together -- that made me happy to hear. I wouldn't have been crushed to keep my gap (I've always had it and it's fun to squirt water from it) but I am certainly happier to hear that it will be taken care of!

Anyway, onto the pictures: