Back home with pics

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

OzzysMom

Back home with pics

#1 Post by OzzysMom »

Hi everyone,
I am back home from Costa Rica and 12 days post-op. As promised, here are pics of my healing process.
The day after surgery while still in the hospital:

Day 3, just had tape removed

Day 4

Day 6

Day 11

Day 12 this morning at airport ready to come home

This is my old jaw viewtopic.php?p=275821&highlight=#275821
October 8, 2008 Lefort1(6mm impaction), BSSO, Genioplasty, Turbinectomies, Partial septoplasty, gum recontoring

knockuout7788

#2 Post by knockuout7788 »

wow you look amazing

chicago29

#3 Post by chicago29 »

The difference each day is simply amazing! I cannot believe what a difference each couple of days makes...Between Day 4 and Day 6 there seemed to be a dramatic improvement in swelling and bruising, and you can already see your new profile!!

OzzysMom...you have to be THRILLED!!! You look gorgeous and I can tell how happy you are. While I am sure the recovery has had its challenges, your results go a long way for those of us in the process of committing to these surgeries.

Congratulations and I wish you the best as you continue your recovery.

-Chicago29

kjan

#4 Post by kjan »

I'm not even exaggerating...you look sooo great! And it's only been about 2 weeks, I would be ecstatic if I were you.

Your before pics look a lot like me right now, the gummy smile, chin and everything. I'm having upper & lower surgery w/ a genio and your pictures are really encouraging - if I have results remotely close to yours I'd be happy. I totally know what you meant when you said your profile had bothered you, I'm sure it'll look great now.

Just thought I'd add your lips look great, lol! They look so much fuller. And your nose looks different too, I don't know if it's just me but when I close my lips my nose gets strained as well. I'm so happy for you!

FuzzyPants

#5 Post by FuzzyPants »

Amazing results! I am so happy for you. Good luck with your continued recovery.
Braced October 17, 2007
BSSO and Lefort August 13, 2008
De-braced November 24, 2008

indecisive1

#6 Post by indecisive1 »

Hi OM. I have been eagerly awaiting your return. Your day 4 photo scared me a little (looks a little painful) however your end results are fantastic! You look absolutely gorgeous and your whole face lights up when you smile! You must be over the moon. I am sure u will knock them dead at your reunion. I wish you all the very best and am so happy for you!! It must be a nice feeling being able to close your mouth without straining...something I am definitely looking forward to!!

fromjersey

#7 Post by fromjersey »

OM: Looking great. Have been waiting to see you. Do you have any profile photos?
When you get a spare minute, tell us some more about Costa Rica, the hospital and the country. I may have even stronger interest Nov. 5.
Helen

bb

#8 Post by bb »

You look great! The swelling is going down pretty quickly!
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Court84

#9 Post by Court84 »

WOW!!! You look really beautiful. Your results are awesome. :)

Smiletagious:o)

#10 Post by Smiletagious:o) »

Hi OzzysMom,
You look great!! I'm sure you are so pleased, your results are fantastic! Looks like your swelling and bruising went down pretty quick!

OzzysMom

#11 Post by OzzysMom »

Thanks everybody for the kind comments. Actually, I still have a good amount of swelling. I wish it would go down between my nose and upper lip because I can't move my upper lip too much and it is so obvious when I try to talk.

Yes, I am soooo happy to be able to close my mouth and even happier that I can finally breathe through my nose.

Helen-I loved Costa Rica and the people there. As soon as I landed, I was picked up by Costa Rica newlook and they cared for me the entire time I was there. I was brought to all my medical appointments and anything else I needed, they made sure I had.

All the doctors I saw were absolutely wonderful and took their time answering all my questions and I was never rushed. I really don't like hospitals but the hospital where I stayed was quite pleasant....and it didn't have that horrible hospital smell either. It was a smaller, private hospital and my private room was just around the corner from the operating room. My surgeon was there when I woke up in recovery, came back to see me that night and again the next day. I also had 2 more follow-up appointments with him and he would have seen me another time if I had stayed longer. The nurses were all so kind and attentive that I sent them some chocolates afterwards. Truely, I never received care that good in the USA and am happy with my decision to go there.

As for my pics, yes, I will post a profile one later tonight. My swelling is much more obvious from the profile view.
October 8, 2008 Lefort1(6mm impaction), BSSO, Genioplasty, Turbinectomies, Partial septoplasty, gum recontoring

gatorseh

#12 Post by gatorseh »

You look great!

I have the same swelling in the upper lip area... it is annoying!

PuppySmiles

#13 Post by PuppySmiles »

WOW!
You look like a new woman!
What do you think of the changes?

Steph-in-WI

#14 Post by Steph-in-WI »

You are looking great, Ozzys Mom! It really does amaze me how quickly the body heals after the first 2 weeks. It seems like from then on, changes from day to day are a bit more subtle, not nearly as dramatic as those first couple weeks! I am six weeks post-op, and still have quite a bite of residual swelling above my lips, around my nose area, and my lower cheeks.

Welcome home and best wishes as you continue with your recovery!
See my complete braces and jaw surgery story at www.mycorrectivejawsurgery.blogspot.com

OzzysMom

#15 Post by OzzysMom »

Profile pics taken 13 days post-op

My profile before surgery: