Unhappy teeth's story- Updated with photos (page 5)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jenny101101

#61 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi Unhappy teeth,

Your teeth are looking great! Look at that arch!! And your gap is much smaller and seems to be making room for that lateral to come in line. Good luck at you adjustment. Hopefully your ortho will address your concerns. Keep us updated! :D
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

Unhappy teeth

#62 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Just got back from adjustment number 3. Much better than last adjustment.

My ortho removed all ligs and took out my arch wires, she removed my loose bracket and then stuck it back on. She then decided to remove the spring from upper jaw and join my twisty lateral incisor to the archwire. Unfortunately, my tooth is too twisted to glue the correct bracket on so my ortho improvised and found a really tiny ceramic bracket to glue on. She decided to go back down to a 0.12 on the top and finished off with a piece of powerchain connecting my left lateral incisor, left cuspid and 2nd molar.

On the bottom I kept the same wire, just got new ligs and a metal tie on my slightly twisted left cuspid (which she really yanked on!) The left side of my mouth is now one big ache but hey! :D

I have been told not to worry about my uneven front teeth, open bite or slightly prominent upper right bicuspid, all will be corrected!!!!

Sara

#63 Post by Sara »

Hello, fellow bristolian! Your teeth look great, they are moving...!
Just looking at your 3mth pic.....

How are you getting on with linguals now- can you eat properly...?

I am having trouble with chewy things and tend to keep tp pasta, sauce and rice dishes.... I miss chocolate bars and crisps!

Its always good to keep a record of phots every visit to the ortho- I look at these on my depessed days when I just wanna rip the linguals out and eat a bar of chocolate!
Looking at the progression really make it worth the hasstle of having them in....

take care.....

sara xx
Age 28- Upper lingual- Lower Ceramic Braces
Fitted 27th May 08
Phots on www
- updated a year on with pictures! (look bottom of pg 1)

Bekah

#64 Post by Bekah »

They look great! Look how fast that gap is closing!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

Unhappy teeth

#65 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Thank you Bekah!

Sara: I am finding it much easier to eat now. Still missing crisps though :(

It's been far too long since I last updated. Had adjustment number 4 a couple of days ago. The temporary bracket was taken off my twisted incisor and replaced with the proper lingual bracket. I also had some brackets taken off my back molars (upper and lower) to try and help correct the open bite. Had my molar build ups removed too- lots of grinding off glue. Didn't really like that part, didn't hurt but the vibrations made my head ring!

Some of my stubborn lower incisors have wire ligs to try to pull them into line. And the best bit- my ortho said she thinks we're about half way through so I should be getting debanded in 6 months :banana:

Here are pre-brace and most recent pics (nearly 6 months), note that there is no extraction gap anymore :D

Image Image

*melissa*

#66 Post by *melissa* »

wow, your uppers looking amazing :shock:

jenny101101

#67 Post by jenny101101 »

Oh my, Unhappy Teeth, you're teeth are looking terrific! :D And that's great news about being half way through!! I must admit, I'm a tad jealous :oops: ....
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

elpi

#68 Post by elpi »

wow your teeth look amazing I didn't know that linguals could work that fast!

BracedVeryLate

#69 Post by BracedVeryLate »

Hi unhappy teeth, thanks for checking in to my story.

your teeth look great, that twisted one has gotten into line pretty quickly! those linguals are really working great.

I agree with Ken, you have to change your name now to Happy Teeth!!!
take care!!