License picture with braces...bleck!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

shan*rock

License picture with braces...bleck!

#1 Post by shan*rock »

Ugh, I just realized that I have to get my license renewed in the next month or two, which means I will have a pic with braces to look at for the next 4 years. Kinda stinks, oh well!

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

Perhaps you should do a serious-faced pic :lol:

Audra

#3 Post by Audra »

I didn't smile in my new license pic - so it's not an issue.

loulou123

#4 Post by loulou123 »

I had my passport pic done in braces, so im stuck with it for 10 years! LOL

Not an issue tho as you cant even see them.

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

UGHBRACES

#5 Post by UGHBRACES »

You show teeth for license pics?

Here where i live most people just look at the camera in their regular non picture mode faces.

lilfoot1112

#6 Post by lilfoot1112 »

Show them give a great big smile :tingrin: and when you braces are off you can just say you lost the other one and get other pic with you new smile :D that what I'm going to do. :HugeGrin:

I had my braces on for 3 years 4 months and 24 days that would be a grand total of 1220 days

jaswi

#7 Post by jaswi »

Even better, I got my concealed pistol license when I had braces, so of course I did a serious face. I really look like a serial killer in it.

LN

#8 Post by LN »

Where I live, if you lose your license, they issue you a duplicate license with the SAME PICTURE!

PuppySmiles

#9 Post by PuppySmiles »

LN wrote:Where I live, if you lose your license, they issue you a duplicate license with the SAME PICTURE!
oh, NO! That just isn't fair!

And to think, I couldn't even CONVINCE them to use the old picture when all I needed was to change to my married name.

TheNewEmperor

#10 Post by TheNewEmperor »

Hey, we're paying a LOT of money for this mouth jewellery so I say smile for the photo to memorialise the braces! Plus too..I don't know about you but I may look at my licence once every 4 months or so...if that....otherwise it just lives in my wallet.

KARESS

#11 Post by KARESS »

lilfoot1112 wrote:Show them give a great big smile :tingrin: and when you braces are off you can just say you lost the other one and get other pic with you new smile :D that what I'm going to do. :HugeGrin:
lol!

Banded: January. 18th, 2007
De-Banding: Nov. 6th, 2008!
& Nov. 13th, 2008 ; pics soon.

Retainers
Lower Bonded Retainer
Olive Green:
Lower Hawley Retainer
Upper Hawley Retainer

shan*rock

#12 Post by shan*rock »

I didn't think about the whole not smiling thing. I've smiled in both of the two licenses I've had. I think I look worse when I don't smile. It doesn't really matter though, since like a previous poster mentioned I hardly ever look at my license anyway.

Jill52

#13 Post by Jill52 »

Oh my! I have to get a new passport within the next few months. I never even gave it a thought until now. It will definitely be a serious photo - I don't want to be reminded of my time in braces for the next 10 years!
Braced March 20 2008
12 - 15 months

Audra

#14 Post by Audra »

Jill52 - they don't allow you to smile in passport photos - so no worries!

andrewp

#15 Post by andrewp »

I never smile in my license photos. But if you're in one of the united states that has surrendered to the Federal Real ID mandate, smile as huge as possible. Maybe the braces will screw up their biometric record so once they start expanding their facial recognition pilot programs there's a chance Big Brother might not be able to track you as easily. :D