Shoot me now. It's spacers for another 7 days.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

karencoutts

Shoot me now. It's spacers for another 7 days.

#1 Post by karencoutts »

I've already been enjoying my four spacers for a week. After fitting my molar bands, I have to wear spacers for another week until the lingual arch is designed.

So shoot me already.

Has anyone else had to wear spacers for this long?!!! I miss flossing there, and there, and there and there! And my lowers are getting so crowded, the edges are jutting out on some of them.

TumbleDryLow

#2 Post by TumbleDryLow »

Each time I had spacers I had them in for two weeks. (I had spacers three times within the first 6 months of my treatment---my ortho is a sadist.)

Hang in there, it's almost over.....

Kjaere

#3 Post by Kjaere »

I had the same thing happen... you'll survive! Be strong :-)

PuppySmiles

#4 Post by PuppySmiles »

You can do it, Karen!

jaswi

#5 Post by jaswi »

lets see, 8 on top for two weeks, 8 on bottom for 2 weeks, with 1 metal spacer for another week.... .. I think I can relate.

karencoutts

#6 Post by karencoutts »

Okay, folks, you made me feel better. Hey, I already have finished one whole DAY! Six more days to go!

I just feel so dirty when I'm wearing them. How can they be sanitary, not flossing for so many days? I hope I'm imagining this, but I think they're giving me bad breath. And I can't stop chewing on them...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa (and flowers wilt upon contact with her stinking breath).

Andantae

#7 Post by Andantae »

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa (and flowers wilt upon contact with her stinking breath).
Excellent visual karencoutts! :lol:

I had mine on one week, then went in and they told me that they made a mistake and that they have their ADULT patients wear spacers 2 weeks since our teeth move slower and to come back in another week. Right. They FEEL like they are moving just fine-thank-you-very-much!

Yup, I hated that stuff stuck between the teeth feeling.

6 days and counting.......
Braced 5-30-07 for 18-24 months
In-Ovation Uppers, Metal Lowers, TPA upper arch, Lower Lingual arch, no elastics.
100% Deep Bite, Crowding, Over Extrusion
BSSO & Genio surgery June 4th '08!

"Truth is a bully we all pretend to like." Gregory David Roberts -SHANTARAM

UGHBRACES

#8 Post by UGHBRACES »

karencoutts wrote: I just feel so dirty when I'm wearing them. How can they be sanitary, not flossing for so many days? I hope I'm imagining this, but I think they're giving me bad breath. And I can't stop chewing on them..
I haven't had mine yet, but with those in can food still actually get in there? I wouldn't think there would even be any need to floss..

Lisa65

#9 Post by Lisa65 »

I know what you mean. I had them 3 times altogether, and my teeth felt really skanky. I just used lots of Listerine and hoped for the best!

schildog

#10 Post by schildog »

For god know's what reason I enjoyed biting down on my teeth when I had spacers in both times.