My road to straight teeth - updated 03-Dec-08 *PICS on p.7*

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

victor36

#76 Post by victor36 »

danish wrote:My ortho measured the distance in gaps of tooth extraction sites. Apparantly gaps are closing but it goes sooooooooooooooo slow. A real downer to be honest. I do not see anything but then I see my teeth every day and woudn't notice!?
hi danish,

wow, your teeth are making awesome progress! All you have to do is look at the old pictures from page 1 and see how far you have come. Great job!

~Victor
B-day: 02/06/07
Adjustments: 04/03/07, 05/30/07, 07/25/07, 09/18/07, 11/15/07, 01/10/08, 03/04/08, 05/08/08
Debonding: 07/01/08
18 month prognosis
Actual Treatment Time: 1 year, 4 months, 25 days
Click on the Image ↓↓ below for my story.

Miss Smiley

#77 Post by Miss Smiley »

I can tell just by looking that your extraction gaps have gotten smaller! Your teeth look great!!!!!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

jojo

#78 Post by jojo »

hey danish!!

I have a very similar upper arch and in two weeks I will be having my first upper biscupids extractacted...I am NOT looking forward to it...I am terrified :cry: because I had two lower molar extracted two weeks ago and I was in so much pain...I just hope that it is not as bad. I am glad to see your progress..it amazing! and that gives me courage to go and get it over with. Look forward to seeing more pics!

Take care,

Jojo :wink:

Katt

#79 Post by Katt »

Wow your teeth are looking great, I'm having some brace envy right now.

Wired Skull

#80 Post by Wired Skull »

Hej Dansken.

En granne från Sverige som hilser. Looking great. There sure has happend a lot in those month. Isn't it great to notice the changes and know that this was a correct decision to get braces.
I haven't regreted one time. My teeth looks so much better now and I would as you said recommended it to anyone. Too bad you have to pay for it out of your own pocket as an adult.

Hang in there and you will see that your gaps will close. I've had elastics for about a year and there have been a lot of movements. (No extractions though)

Hilsen, Wired.
Braces on: 2007-01-20
Ceramics upper and lower.
Elastics: 2007-08-16
Debanding: 2008-11-20 / 2009-06-12
Braces again: 2010-07-05
Metal - Lower only.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wiredskull ... 501093091/

danish

#81 Post by danish »

10th adjustment on 05 Sep 2008.

Well...time to remove the dust in here and bring an update regarding my progress. My last update was back in May :oops: Hehe

Treatment is going OK. Gaps are cosing and teeth are slowly moving to their proper places. Unlike the initial months into treatment with lots of movement this gap closing business is quite a challenge. Movement is so slow that you hardly notice it. I stopped taking monthly pictures in order not to be disappointed with movement results. However, teeth are moving. My ortho has on several occasions said that he doesn't want to accelerate things unnecessarily in order to be on the safe side.

Gaps on the bottoms are almost closed. On the uppers there is still some work to be done.

To close the gaps I'm still using the coils but with a stronger pulling force than in May. At night I'm using elastics from my #3's in the upper jaw to my #7's in the lower jaw. Biggest change is that I got rid of the TPA. Yes Baby!!!! :dance:

I noticed that I had to re-calibrate my tongue after removal of the TPA. At work I had some difficulties with saying "Step throat " to a customer on the phone which was kind of funny. :lol:

Treatment with fixed braces is supposed to be finished around New year. Then it's retainer time. Damn... I'm looking forward to that... :-* In the meantime trying to stay positive and busy with other things than checking out my teeth in the mirror :?

Here's some visual:

Front:

Upper:
Image Look- no TPA!! :banana:

Lower:

Side views:

Ok friends..... I'll be back in October which will be my one-year anniversary in braces :wink:
metal braces on: 4 Oct 2007
Tx for: crowding
debonded on: 24 Jun 2009

total treatment time: 629 days

my journey ==> http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

cosmicgirl

#82 Post by cosmicgirl »

teeth are looking great danish - but can I just ask you one thing - why did you have to say step throat to someone on the phone? What does it mean?
just curious....! :Questions:

cosmicgirl

#83 Post by cosmicgirl »

ps - am V happy you're free of the expander - absolute nightmare!

danish

#84 Post by danish »

hi cosmicgirl,

I work for a Danish travel insurance company and we have a lot of clients in the US needing medical assistance. Hence the use of the word :)

Danish

cosmicgirl

#85 Post by cosmicgirl »

ah - strep throat. Got you!! :D

Lily

#86 Post by Lily »

I have a question, I'm closing up some gaps on the bottom with springs, similar to what you've got happening at the moment. Once your gaps are closed at the front, won't there still be a gap at the back? or do they move those teeth too?
I've been trying to think about how to ask my Orthodontist without sounding like I'm questioning his treatment so I thought I'd ask you seeing as you're near the end of your treatment :) Your progress is amazing, well done!

danish

#87 Post by danish »

good question. I have been wondering myself.. :wink:

From what I understand gap closure works from both ends. Eventually the coil spring will be attached to molars at the back and thereby closing the whole thing.

Danish

danish

#88 Post by danish »

Hi cosmicgirl,

Yes, of course. "strep throat"..!!! *LOL* :lol:
English is a tough language. hehe :wink:

Danish

Lily

#89 Post by Lily »

danish wrote:good question. I have been wondering myself.. :wink:

From what I understand gap closure works from both ends. Eventually the coil spring will be attached to molars at the back and thereby closing the whole thing.

Danish
Ahh that would make sense! None of my back molars have any brackets attached to them so that's why I'm a bit concerned! Maybe they'll put brackets on them and close them up towards the end?

danish

#90 Post by danish »

don't worry. My ortho didn't put brackets on my back molars to begin with either. However, he did so some months into treatment. Can't say why everything was not fitted to begin with. :Questions: Maybe a question for your ortho? Hehe :)

Don't be afraid to ask your ortho about the treatment. First of all it's your teeth, innit? :wink: Second, it only shows your interest. After all, fixing your teeth is a team work between you and the ortho.

My ortho is always joking that I will be able to open my own dental office after treatment because I ask a lot about my orthodontic treatment :D

Danish