Crossbite progress..questions for crossbiters

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Flaka

Crossbite progress..questions for crossbiters

#1 Post by Flaka »

Since the start of my treatmen 5 months ago, my ortho decided he wanted to fix my bite before fixing anything else. I am very happy with the progress and my rotated teeth are almost aligned perfectly now. My only problem is my bite. I have been in elastics for the 5 months and my bite has changed dramatically and now I have an open bite on my right side and it looks like my lower jaw has moved sideways (down)
I believe it is because the back molars are meeting right in the middle and need to move outwards.

To me, this is a "progress" as the teeth are moving from the inside but i wonder how long I will look like this. Other than that I am happy.

Has anyone have had this happen while fixing your crossbite? You can see what I mean in my last page of my story.

uncdl

#2 Post by uncdl »

You have such pretty teeth! :D Sorry I know that isn't what you were posting for, but I looked at your photos in your www...
Ceramics on top on 4/03/08
Metal on bottom on 4/03/08

Flaka

#3 Post by Flaka »

Thank you uncdl! I do like my teeth is the bite that bothers me and I have looked around to see if I find others here that have had the same bite problem, but I can't find pics of anyone that looks like mine.
I really hope that doesnt makes the treatment longer....we will see :)

artroxu

#4 Post by artroxu »

I have the exact same issue, a crossbite with my left 1st molars. they are meeting point to point now so i have an open bite on my left side. :( I can't wait till it shifts more.

artroxu

#5 Post by artroxu »

looks like we've been braced for almost the exact same amount of time too! :)

Lisa65

#6 Post by Lisa65 »

I had a crossbite on my premolars and they were also rotated. At the moment they are kind of meeting point to point and I have an open bite on one side which looks quite odd and feels uncomfortable. If you go to the last page of my blog there's a picture.
Like you, I really want it to shift because my teeth don't touch and I can't chew properly.

iamtheotherme

#7 Post by iamtheotherme »

I have a crossbite on my right second molars. They've shifted enough so that now they're meeting point-to-point. It's bad enough that no other teeth meet for chewing while those teeth do that, but I grind hard at night, so those poor little points are really getting crunched. I plan to ask the ortho when those teeth are scheduled to move because I don't want to do any more bruxing damage. I really feel your pain!

Flaka

#8 Post by Flaka »

I don't want to sound mean but Yeah!! :D I am not the only one with this thing going on right now. I though I was some kind of freak! but I see is kind of usual for posterior crossbites mostly.

Lisa I saw your pic and i do see the what you are saying and it also feels uncomfortable for me as well, its like I can't chew from any side. The lower jaw looks like its going down from one side and the top one is going up so when I talk you can only see the left side of my lowers.
artroxu wrote:looks like we've been braced for almost the exact same amount of time too! :)
Yeah! I noticed that from another thread a few weeks ago :) how long is your treatment?

iamtheotherme, I also grind my teeth at night and I have molar buildups... go figure!