Whitening strips, which are best?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

jaswi

Whitening strips, which are best?

#1 Post by jaswi »

I'm sure this is a dead horse, but I'm a couple days away from getting the braces removed, and want to know which of the whitening strips is the best? And also, will my teeth become too sensitive if I start using them right after I get my braces off, or should I wait a few weeks or months?

FuzzyPants

#2 Post by FuzzyPants »

I used Crest Whitestrips before braces (almost a year ago) and liked them. I can't say how sensitive your teeth will be after debracing, but any whitening you do will make your teeth sensitive for a day or two. The nice thing about the strips is you can take a break between treatments to give your teeth a rest.

Jes

#3 Post by Jes »

I use Crest Whitestrips Premium.

My teeth are super white and I get compliments on them all the time. I'm so sad that I have braces now so I can't whiten my teeth :(

But yeah, Crest Whitestrips Premium are great. You're supposed to work them twice daily for 14 days. I usually used them once a day because I have sensitive teeth. I do this every 6 months.

I tried Crest Whitestrips Premium Plus. OMG that stuff was strong!!! My teeth were super white by the 4th day but my teeth were killing me.

I swear by Crest. I can't wait till my braces are off so I can have a white smile again :)

PuppySmiles

#4 Post by PuppySmiles »

I like Crest Whitestrips, too. Have used both the Premium and the regular kind, and found little difference between the two. But good results!

I've tried the kind that dissolve, and didn't like them. Besides turning into sticky gummy junk within a few minutes of applying, I didn't feel they whitened as much.