Smile Like You Mean It-Rebelda's Story: Upd. Sep. 16!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Rebelda

#106 Post by Rebelda »

Finally my appt day has come!

Very short visit today--some good news, some bad news. Bad news: I still have to wear the elastics. Good news: I got the go-ahead to book my appt with my surgeon for a consult. The ortho said that everything looked great and we should be right on point by the time I see my surgeon. I did call today to make an appt w/ my surgeon and as it turns out, I won't be able to see him till April 17th. He is a very busy man and it sucks. Oh and I also caught wind of him leaving in July. My ortho was the one who told me--he thought maybe I knew...not so much. WIth that said, I think I may take a vacation. It's been a while since I've been back home in Cali. I'll spend my one year mark there, hopefully. I do hope that maybe my ortho can pull some strings to get me in the surgeon's office sooner. That would be nice, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'll let you guys know if anything comes up. Hasta luego!

Rebelda

#107 Post by Rebelda »

March Picture Update!

Image Image

ImageImage

Still wearing those darn elastics. It’s become a whole lot easier on my tongue…I’ve even been doubling them up. Still feel like the molars are moving, so that’s a good sign. My ortho appt is coming up on Wednesday, so I’ll post then if there is any change in plan. Enjoy!

Miss Smiley

#108 Post by Miss Smiley »

I just noticed that your upper archwire was clipped, why is that?
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

Rebelda

#109 Post by Rebelda »

Miss Smiley:
My wire is clipped to allow my molars to level back out after over correction by ortho. My OS requested this so he can perform the 3 piece Lefort.

Miss Smiley

#110 Post by Miss Smiley »

oh...... Thanks for clearing that up just for me!!!!!

jenny101101

#111 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi Rebelda,

Thanks for stopping by my journal :D . I've "skimmed" through yours and your progress is great(from what photos I can see...the ones on the earlier pages are gone).

I noticed today was your ONE YEAR BRACEAVERSARY!! :-)o :-V :-88 :jump: :banana: Congrats!!
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

Rebelda

#112 Post by Rebelda »

Thx Jenny!

Yaaaaaaaay! One year in braces!

ImageImage

ImageImage

I am very happy so far...one year down...surgery just around the corner--hopefully!

SGPWired

#113 Post by SGPWired »

Your teeth look great!!! I am still amazed everytime I see your criss-cross elastics. :shock: Have you had to replenish your bags of elastics yet? :lol:

Rebelda

#114 Post by Rebelda »

SGPWired wrote: Have you had to replenish your bags of elastics yet? :lol:
Yes indeed, I actually moved up to stronger elastics.

Andantae

#115 Post by Andantae »

Hey Rebelda!

Happy One Year anniversary! Your teeth are looking awesome!

I am exactly 2 months to the day behind you :) . I have a surgery date of June 4 (bsso + genioplasty), and I would imagine you will be ready, too, once you get in to see the OS---just a matter of getting his attention and scheduling---let us know!!!!
Braced 5-30-07 for 18-24 months
In-Ovation Uppers, Metal Lowers, TPA upper arch, Lower Lingual arch, no elastics.
100% Deep Bite, Crowding, Over Extrusion
BSSO & Genio surgery June 4th '08!

"Truth is a bully we all pretend to like." Gregory David Roberts -SHANTARAM

Rebelda

#116 Post by Rebelda »

Andantae wrote: I am exactly 2 months to the day behind you :)

....I would imagine you will be ready, too, once you get in to see the OS---just a matter of getting his attention and scheduling---let us know!!!!
Sweet! It's always nice to have a brace buddy...especially one that is getting surgery too! Congrats to you on your surgery date. I imagine my surgery date should be in May or June since my OS is leaving in either June or July. *Fingers crossed* :-#)

Miss Smiley

#117 Post by Miss Smiley »

HAy!!!!!! You just had a braceversary too!!!! Congrats to us!

Rebelda

#118 Post by Rebelda »

OS eval today:

My OS had molds taken again to see where I am at. He did say that he is indeed trying to fit me in before he leaves the office in June. I have and appointment for May 1st--let's hope those molds hold good news. I am very excited; I am thinking he will have a date for me in 2 wks time. Very good day, indeed! :D

Andantae

#119 Post by Andantae »

Hey there!!!

I was thinking about you and wondering if you got your surgery date yet?

Andi
Braced 5-30-07 for 18-24 months
In-Ovation Uppers, Metal Lowers, TPA upper arch, Lower Lingual arch, no elastics.
100% Deep Bite, Crowding, Over Extrusion
BSSO & Genio surgery June 4th '08!

"Truth is a bully we all pretend to like." Gregory David Roberts -SHANTARAM

Rebelda

#120 Post by Rebelda »

Andantae: I won't have an answer till Friday--hopefully. May could be the month! *Fingers crossed* I actually got my ZNS bags yesterday...I'm starting to get a little nervous and anxious at the same time.