Karen-29-1st adjustment - picture update!!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

metalmummy

Karen-29-1st adjustment - picture update!!!

#1 Post by metalmummy »

Hello all - Well I dont really know whether I am doing this right but here goes - this is my story: I am a 29yr old Mum of 2 - a 3yr old little girl and I have a 6mth old baby boy!! I have been saying for years that I want to sort my teeth out but knew that I would struggle financially. When I was 15, I had a consultation with an orthodontist but never went ahead (regretably) so here I am 14yrs later with braces!!! I had my braces fitted on Friday and OMG the pain!!! That night I was in absolute AGONY!!! The next morning it had eased alot. On Sunday the brackets had started to irritate the inside of my lips so I used the wax and it now seems OK. I basically have crowded teeth - top and bottom - on the top my 2nd teeth are higher and twisted which are my main priority!! I cant wait for them to be down in line with my other teeth!!

The bottom teeth havent actually bothered me that much but they have been getting worse recently and since the brace was fitted and I can see the archwire twisting from tooth to tooth - it really shows how twisted they are!!!

So I have had the braces for 6 days and so far so good. I have ceramics on the top and metal on the bottom and am paranoid about staining the top ones!!! I also cant chew yet as my teeth are too tender so I am living on slop!!!

I anyone can teach me how to make my post look a bit more interesting let me know!!!
Last edited by metalmummy on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:13 am, edited 8 times in total.

Chantal

Tender too!

#2 Post by Chantal »

Welcome Metalmummy!

I am also new to braces: 10 days into it. I don't know how I would do this and also have children to take care of! (No kids...) So congratulations!

I still can't chew either! I am going to post a question about this now!

Good luck too!!!

goldfish

#3 Post by goldfish »

Hi Metalmummy,
I am new on here too. Like you I am 29 and just got braces (2 days now).Teeth still hurt a bit but not too bad now. Forcing myself to eat more solids cos I need the energy to keep up with my little one! I had braces as a teenager so kind of knew what to expect but this time round am having surgery...aaagh! Hope you are getting on ok with yours, just think every day we survive is one step nearer to perfect teeth!

Goldfish

metalmummy

#4 Post by metalmummy »

Thanks for your replies!! I am really getting used to the braces now but I have an ulcer on the inside of my cheek so am having to use the wax on one of the back brackets which has a hook on it which has caused the ulcer.

I have just been comparing a photo from today (Day 7) and the ones I took the day after the braces were fitted and I can see a slight difference - the 2 teeth that were bothering me the most seem to be moving down.

I am still struggling to chew and the most solid food I have eaten so far is pasta - I am finding that mashed up veg with grated cheese is a meal I can enjoy. I also dont think I like the feeling when I eat - like there is loads of food stuck in my teeth!

I am also finding that by about 3pm my mouth feels yucky!! Like I need to clean my teeth so I am cleaning them morning and night and using mouthwash at 3pm.

Because I have the clear brackets on the top. I am still paranoid about staining them and have stayed away from tea and coffee but am really missing a nice cup of coffee in the morning!! I have had a couple of mugs of hot chocolate - do you think this is ok??

I have been food shopping today and my partner asked me to pick him up a nice fresh pizza!! Im very jealous!! I will probably be tucking into mash and beans!!

Goldfish - how old is your little one??

When I can figure it out, I will post some pics!!

metalmummy

pics

#5 Post by metalmummy »

Right, here goes I am going to attempt to add some pics!!

Day2:

Day7:
Last edited by metalmummy on Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

metalmummy

#6 Post by metalmummy »

How do I do it??? I couldnt get the pic to come up on the post instead of the link!!! :roll:

shan*rock

#7 Post by shan*rock »

Congrats on getting started! I'm a 27-year-old mom of one little boy who will be two next month. I got braces a month ago and he doesn't even seem to notice my braces, how about your little ones?

As for your pictures, in photobucket underneath the photos, you should see a box that says IMG code. Copy and paste that into your post and the pics will show up.

Your braces look great, I'll make sure to keep up with your progress.

metalmummy

#8 Post by metalmummy »

shanrock - Hello - My little girl understands about the brace and I showed her pics before I got them and she said she was going to be scared!! So I was a bit worried but she has been fine! My 6mth old is fine too - doesnt seem to have noticed really - he spotted them on the 2nd night and was trying to grab them.

It is weird that he will be 2 before they are taken off!! Thats when I will look strange to him!!

How long did it take you to be able to chew??

Thanks for your advice on the pics - I just tried it but the pics were huge so I will do it next time and resize the pic.

x

goldfish

#9 Post by goldfish »

My lo is 18 months and has already whacked me in the mouth several times since brace went on...ouch! I'm totally crap at all computer related things too so just sticking to typing! As for staining braces, I'm not sure cos I've only had metal but I would imagine that if you rinse afterwards with water or mouthwash then hot choc would be ok.

metalmummy

#10 Post by metalmummy »

Hiya - well, Just on my right side the wires seem to have started sticking into my cheek now they have pushed through the brackets at the back!! I am using the wax and my ortho said that this may happen before he sees me and it is easy enough for him to snip off if I need to go in before my next appointment.

I am a bit worried though because my 1st appointment after my fitting is 10wks!!!!!!! :roll: I think this is a bit long compared to others on here??? Does this sound right??? If I wait til then the wire will be sticking out loads!!! The problem is it takes me an hour to get to my orthodontist!! I have only had them on for just over a week!! I am hoping that it is a good sign and that maybe my teeth are going to move quite quickly?!

I have just managed to tuck into a chicken chow mein from the chinese which was lovely but hard work! I am now enjoying a glass of Rose :D which I am hoping is OK with my ceramic brackets!!

x

chasandrico

#11 Post by chasandrico »

10 weeks? hmm, being new to braces myself, i'm not sure. mine is 7 weeks out. i'm sure it'll be fine, but if that wire really starts bothering you, i'd call and tell them. they should get you in within a day or two.

it stinks that you have to drive that far. my ortho's main office is an hour away, but they have a satilitte office here in town, that i guess the actual dr. comes to once a week or something. the dental assistants seem to have a good handle on things though, so i'm not worried.

what is Rose? is that wine?? I seen on tv, that if you mix a diet spritzer with wine, it cuts down on the staining effects
Metel braces
Uppers installed: 8/19/08
Lowers... coming soon

metalmummy

#12 Post by metalmummy »

Rose wine!!! It is just a pink wine!! I love it - I prefer it to Red and White anyway. Is it a UK thing then??

x

metalmummy

#13 Post by metalmummy »

Thankyou Ken!!! It is great to hear someone saying that they can tell that that tooth has moved down already!!!! When you are looking at them everyday you start to doubt yourself!!!

I have to say that I am getting fed up of eating pasta!!! I am hoping that I master the art of eating with these braces soon!! I HATE the feeling that there is a load of food stuck in your teeth while you are eating!! We went out for dinner today and I had pasta and afterwards it must of taken me 10mins to sort my mouth out!!! There was bits of food everywhere and I didnt have a toothbrush!!! Not much fun!!

I am definately used to having the braces now and cant wait to take my next pics to see if there is more movement!!

I am going to phone my ortho on Tue to check the 10wk wait til my next appointment!! I would be happier to go sooner.

x

25.8.08 - Today one of my brackets on my front bottom teeth has become loose - it isnt attached to my tooth at all!! I am going to phone my ortho tomorrow to see how quickly he can sort it out for me - does anyone know what is involved in this?? I wanted to speak to him anyway coz I think some of the glue got between my 2 front teeth so they are stuck together and I am worried that it will affect the movement! At the same time I will be able to get them wires snipped!!!

flesh-was-sweet

#14 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Congratulations on starting your braces treatment - I'm sure the time will fly past!!

Sometimes brackets become loose and fall off, I think it depends on the water/air ratio in the thingy doo-dah they use when they stick the brackets to your teeth!

When I had my braces installed in 2006, I had to have a few brackets removed to be re-placed..and owwwww..my ortho took about 10 minutes to get each one off, and he said that sometimes there's too much air in the thingy that they use and that makes the brackets stick really really well, but other times there's more water and that makes the brackets fall off more easily. So now, the brackets they replaced have fallen off a couple of times, but the originals from 2006, haven't budged!

I don't know if what I wrote there made any sense but hopefully you know what i mean :lol:

Anyway i wish you all the very best for your treatment and I look forward to seeing your progress continue!

metalmummy

#15 Post by metalmummy »

Well here I am on day 14 and am doing fine. I still have a loose bracket on the bottom that is irritating me as it keeps moving around and when I talk I can hear it clinking on my tooth. I have an appointment with my ortho on Monday so will get it sorted, aswell as the fact that my 2 front teeth are stuck together!

Looking at my pics that left incisor is definately moving down alot and straightening out! The right one is on its way too. I cant see alot of movement at the bottom but I guess that the loose bracket is stopping any movement down there??!!

I am finding eating a bit easier now!

Anyway, here are the pics and I have circled the loose bracket!

Smile pre-brace!

Day 2

Day 7

Day 14