OK, I give in *July 30 Adj. p37*

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

insinu8

#391 Post by insinu8 »

*sigh*....DEBUG editor hates me...

Miss Smiley

#392 Post by Miss Smiley »

I just had my second July adjustment. I had the remainder of my bridge severed and the pontic removed. I have a new spring in the gap to make room for my implant. Again, my molars are sore! I would love to update with pictures but my laptop is in the shop. I'm using someone else's computer so I'd feel bad uploading pics and such. I have clear upper ligs and a lower light pink powerchain. Hopefully I'll update with pics in the next week.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

Miss Smiley

#393 Post by Miss Smiley »

I took an ibuprofen 800mg after dinner and it is still REALLY sore! Boy oh boy, I guess this means I'll be having something soft for dinner. I have a dinner date with my cousin for her birthday and she picked a fancy pants place. I hope I'll be able to pick something I can enjoy. Maybe I'll just have to order larger drinks versus a larger meal.

*melissa*

#394 Post by *melissa* »

Miss Smiley wrote:I took an ibuprofen 800mg after dinner and it is still REALLY sore! Boy oh boy, I guess this means I'll be having something soft for dinner. I have a dinner date with my cousin for her birthday and she picked a fancy pants place. I hope I'll be able to pick something I can enjoy. Maybe I'll just have to order larger drinks versus a larger meal.
Sorry you're in pain Miss Smiley! :soremouth: Like Denise said, I'd go with the soup.

I can't wait to see your newest piccys though!

iBorg

#395 Post by iBorg »

I hope your molars are settling down. Words of wisdom, meet with the surgeon who is scheduled to do the implant as soon as possible to determine the amount of space required. When my Ortho and I both thought we were done, the surgeon basically said with his bite it needs to be a bigger implant.... That would have meant my top rear most molars would have been unopposed. 16 months of expansion shot to......

I found salt water rinses very helpful in soothing my gums from the coil springs.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Miss Smiley

#396 Post by Miss Smiley »

Teeth are feeling a bit better, I was able to get down my halibut for dinner. It was great! Thank you for your warm wishes!

In regard to my implant, luckily, I work for an oral surgeon who just happens to be my brother. He is also a medical doctor so he is also my regular doctor. My prosthodontist is also a good friend of his, my sister in law is a general dentist, and my uncle is a oral surgeon who does just about everything but implants. I pretty much have my bases covered and should be okay with anything. As of now, it doesn't look like I will need any bone grafts. YAY ME!

I noticed today that my lower right second molar has straightened out and closed the tiny gap between the lower part of the crown of my molar and premolar. I knew I would be in for something around there, just didn't know it would be such quick movement. Okay, I'mbrushing as I type so I best go brush more and type less.

*melissa*

#397 Post by *melissa* »

WOw :shock:, you are one lucky girly!!!

Miss Smiley

#398 Post by Miss Smiley »

I've had a cr@ppy couple of weeks. I will update as soon as I am up to it.

*melissa*

#399 Post by *melissa* »

booooooooooooo
:(
sorry youre having a hard time MissSmiley..

Miss Smiley

#400 Post by Miss Smiley »

Still stuck in a funk in my life. In regards to ortho my next adjustment is the 20th maybe something good will come out of it.

Lisa65

#401 Post by Lisa65 »

Hey, you can't be in a funk when you have a birthday to celebrate :(

Whatever the problem is, I hope it soon gets better for you, and that you have a good day on Monday.

Lisa65

#402 Post by Lisa65 »

Hope you have a great day, birthday buddy!

iamtheotherme

#403 Post by iamtheotherme »

Sorry to hear you're having a rough go of it lately. I've read your story a couple times and find it very inspiring, so I'm reflecting back those positive vibes to you!
:arrow:
:arrow:
*reflect reflect*

Unhappy teeth

#404 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Sorry to hear that you're feeling down Miss Smiley, hope things get better for you soon!

Miss Smiley

#405 Post by Miss Smiley »

Still having a rough time. Things are a bit better, but we'll see. I've picked up drinking my sorrows away. I haven't lost one bit of my tolerance for alcohol. I am going away camping and fishing this weekend. I hope this helps me because I have had tons of emotions running around. Thank you lovelies for the birthday wishes. I had a great day on Monday!! I couldn't stop talking all day and I was as giddy as I could possibly be. I had an ortho appointment on Wednesday and I got baby blue powerchain up top with a new wire. I was too out of it to even bother looking at what kind of wire or size it was. I'm back at wearing a class II on the right. Next time they might put a koby hook on the upper left lateral to help move things over. My next adjustment is next month the day after my cleaning. I will update later.