surgery tommorrow BSSO and genio-Eek -HOME WITH PICS

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Happysmiler

#16 Post by Happysmiler »

Hi Ema,

Congratulations - you are over the worst!

Now you just need to take it easy and get better - let them pamper you for a bit.

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery
Happysmiler

Munkys Girl
Location: Teesside, UK Girlfriend to: a Lefort 1 & BSSO patient!

#17 Post by Munkys Girl »

Congrats! Thanks for sharing and good luck for your recovery.

ema27

emas jaw surgery day 2 and 3

#18 Post by ema27 »

Picture of my new side profile on day 2
And this is another profile pic on day 3Image-
still swollen ,still bored up not eating properly but its not that bad...The worse is my childrens reactions by 5 year old is too scared and my youngest looks at me like im an alien..hope fully swelling will continue to go down...

Mimmy

#19 Post by Mimmy »

Hey ema27, even through the swelling I can see how wonderful your new profile looks. Is it true than it doesn't hurt as much as it looks like it does?
Second time in braces!

Braced on 14th January 2009

Find my braces story here
Click here to visit my blog

Kerry

#20 Post by Kerry »

congrats hun x
Imagewisdom teeth removed under GA nov07 * Braced 8/2/08 * 2 premolars removed Apr08 * Adjustment 4 rebonding, 4 molar bands & new wire 4/7/08 * 31Jul wire change * 28 Aug last wire fitted and lower powerchain put on. 29th May moulds and x rays. 31st July Surgery date :-)

ema27

#21 Post by ema27 »

Mimmy-it doesnt hurt its uncomfortable and frustrating at being so swollen and unable to eat....The pain i have experienced so far is minimal .Its true that it looks a lot worse. :D

Mimmy

#22 Post by Mimmy »

I'm glad you're feeling ok and now you can look forward to getting better (and being able to eat more :D ) each day!
Second time in braces!

Braced on 14th January 2009

Find my braces story here
Click here to visit my blog

loulou123

#23 Post by loulou123 »

Congratulations on joining us on the other side :D each day will get a little better, but expect frustration too! I found a little fresh air and exercise really helped with the swelling. Hope the report from your surgeons all good.

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

perfectsmile

#24 Post by perfectsmile »

Congratulations! Your nose and side profile looks really cute after genioplasty.

Thathrill

#25 Post by Thathrill »

thanks for the update. I wish you a speedy recovery. Most of my swelling left around 8 or 9 days. I highly recommend walks. That seemed to help with my swelling. Well that and lots of icing lol
Brace date: 5/2/2007
Debanding date: 1/14/2009
Ceramic Braces: 20 months
Currently in clear Essix retainers at night

My Blog: http://jjfan1.blogspot.com

~danielle~

#26 Post by ~danielle~ »

Even through all the swelling you can see a nice profile- and your nose looks really cute by the way :D My swelling got to be a lot worse than that... and I was really bruised- like shrek green and red wine colored chin, neck, and chest- eek! I didnt even let my family see me because I didnt want to scare them-especially my 6 year old brother. I walked around the house covering my face with a blanket for about 5 days :shock: good luck with the "eating". My favorite thing is the carnation instant breakfast in vanilla flavour- tastes soooooo good- too bad I found it after my tight bands came off..

ema27

#27 Post by ema27 »

Thanks for all the good wishes im doing really well thanks
Lou-lou-im so pleased im on theother side.I remember reading your post when my surgery was in the future thinking wish it was my turn-well now its over and i can cope with the recovery..
I am still very frustrated at not eating or talking.My kids are sick of my funny language im sure..!! :? Swellings not that bad or bruising-but im expecting it to come out more...
Two of my elastics fell out last night -dont know what i was doing last night but they were loose this morning...
After at least an hour i put one in(not sure if its right but it feels tight so im guessing thats good..)Theres no way i can reach the back onn its too sore and swollen-i have my follow appointment on thursday with the surgeon so it will have to wait till then..
Oh and if i dribble any more i will scream-!!!!!

chipmunkcheeks

#28 Post by chipmunkcheeks »

i know you cant see what other people are seeing because you are swollen, but you look gorgeous! its going to be great when the swelling goes down! congrats! plus, you made it! just time to focus on recovering and all of the good down the road!

ema27

#29 Post by ema27 »

Chipmunk cheeks cheers -you made my day.... :D I feel far from gorgeous with my swollen cheeks,dribble chin and unusually large jaw-but thanks for the kind words. :lol:
I am getting alittle creative with food today-only meatballs potatoes and gravy but it beats tomato bloody soup...!!!!!
Starting to use heat on my cheeks now as i need something-i dont know igf it helps with the swelling but it feels nice so ill leave it on...

loulou123

#30 Post by loulou123 »

Im suprised you cant talk too well, i was able to talk clear enough to be understood within an hour of coming round if that-mostly to moan that i felt sick and that i was in pain!

And was able to hold my own in a conversation from the 1st evening, mind you i do tend to talk alot anyway! LOL (and god knows what i was talking about with all the morphine! :lol: but i found it was good for getting movement back in my jaw to talk.

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/