Katie's Ortho Adventure-almost 10 mos! new pics pg 8

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

metalmouthmommy

#61 Post by metalmouthmommy »

Thanks everyone :wink:

Summer is crazy for me with four kids, so it's hard to get on and post as much as I'd like. But I will try to be a more active member from now on! :P

We are leaving for Florida one week from tomorrow. I am SO excited to go and relax. We'll be gone for two weeks, and my fear is that while we are down there something will happen with my choppers, lol. It would totally be my luck. Anyone know what happens then? Do you just go to any local ortho and pay out of pocket? Hmmm, I should call my office and ask that before I leave come to think of it! :lol:

Alright, off to check my buddies threads and see what progress you've all made since I've been gone!!!

metalmouthmommy

#62 Post by metalmouthmommy »

Thanks Ken! :D

I left a message for him to call me Monday when he's back in the office. I want to find out for sure before I leave! :lol:

We go to Ft. Myers to visit my Dad for a week, and then Siesta Key on the beach for the week of the 4th of July 8) It's SO fun watching the fireworks from the beach with the kids, I honestly can't wait to get down there.

Braced32

#63 Post by Braced32 »

Hi Katie ~

Great movement on the uppers! Hopefully the lowers will take notice and get in line! :D

Have fun on vacation! I SO wish I was going! :(

02/04/08 Extractions (4 deciduous second molars & 1 wisdom tooth)

metalmouthmommy

#64 Post by metalmouthmommy »

Hey Ken~ thanks for thinking of me 8)

I talked to the ortho and he said "If something *small* happens; lost lig, lost bracket, I can wait until I get back for him to fix it. If something *painful* happens, I am to call the nearest ortho, explain the situation, and give him Dr.'s number...BUT.....that would be an out of pocket cost to me" And then continued to say he doubts anything will go wrong, and to quit worrying and enjoy my vacation, LOL.

I told him what he doesn't realize is that I live Murphy's Law! If it can go wrong.....it WILL. Sooooooooo, fingers crossed that everything stays where it's supposed to and I don't have to pay anymore for this trip nevermind where dental work is concerned! The gas prices for this road trip are killing us as it is!!! Hahahahaha.

I am leaving Friday morning and will update you all when I return!!!!

:D Take Care Gang!!!!!! :D

grneydfairy

#65 Post by grneydfairy »

Katie,

I just can't believe how great your teeth are coming along. They look so good!

Kara

#66 Post by Kara »

Wow Katie!!! Now that's some movement! Your teeth are looking good kid! :D

I hope things are going better and those brackets stop giving you trouble. :D Good luck on staying away from chocolate! I know I could never do it. :lol:

Kara

metalmouthmommy

#67 Post by metalmouthmommy »

Hello Buddies! 8)

I am back from FL, tan, relaxed, and thankfully had no dental issues while I was vacationing! :lol: Florida was beautiful, the beach was fantastic on the 4th, so much so that we decided to start looking at real estate down there for our very own vacation condo in Ft. Myers/Sanibel! Super exciting, HUGE step! :D

On a less happy note, I went this morning for my 3rd adjustment. I am NOT thrilled with the jabbertooth's movement guys. I was realllllly hoping that SOMETHING would be done with it this go around....but to no avail. We are still playing the waiting game. :::sigh::::
It really looks horrific now that the other teeth have straightened out on the bottom. It sticks WAY out- and when I talk it's super noticable. I wish they'd pull the damn thing and get it over with. Another complaint is the uneven front teeth. I dispise how the one looks so much longer than the other. I know I must have patience, things look worse before they look better, and that this is NOT forever. But in the mean time, I'm really hating the way I look NOW. :evil: LOL. Vanity.......it'll getcha.

They switched out my upper wire and put a thicker one in there. The wire ties I had before are now just regular ligs, which I'm happy about since the ties would snag the inside of my lips a lot and cause cankers. Other than that........nuffin. I'm not due back until Aug 12th.

Here are some pics from after the adjustment. Tell me your thoughts. I need to know if it's just me over-reacting here, (which I tend to do.....hence the emotional turmoil about leaving too far from my ortho's care on vacation! hahahahaha!)

metalmouthmommy

#68 Post by metalmouthmommy »

Thanks Ken :D

Here are a few pics from our trip for your enjoyment, lol!
Last edited by metalmouthmommy on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

browneyedgrl

#69 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Katie,

Love the pics, it's looks like you had a great time!!! I see that your twins don't like to dress alike either...LOL!!! Neither do mine.

I spent my 4th on the west coast of FL too! It was beautiful. Now it's time to recover.

Catch up with you soon!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

jenny101101

#70 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi Katie,

Glad to hear you had a great trip! Your pics are great!

Sorry to hear that spring isn't doing it's job....naughty spring! :evil: I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something happens soon. I know how you feel. My central incisors are now overlapping(never did before braces), they have been for months now and even after a few brackets being replaced, they're still not budging! Grrr! :twisted: Oh well, keep your chin up and remember: your ortho will sort it out, even if it tacks a few months on to your sentence. These teeth gotta last us a lifetime so I'm ok with a few extra months to get it right. :D
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

metalmouthmommy

#71 Post by metalmouthmommy »

I'm smiling REALLY big because................
THE SPRING FINALLY WORKED!!!!!!!!! :D
I finally have a nice sized space there, so HOPEFULLY when I go in on the 12th, the jabber tooth will be pulled into line with the rest of my bottom arch!
Twelve more days.......twelve more days.
Please keep your fingers crossed for me that this is it! I am DYING to have that darn tooth bracketed (is that even a word? LOL)

Updates as soon as I have some, after the Aug 12th adjustment. 8)

*melissa*

#72 Post by *melissa* »

metalmouthmommy, your smile is looking beautiful...
dont you love those springs? I have a couple myself, they work wonders!
ha, I just noticed we have the same ceramic brackets. No idea what brand it is, but it's the only kind I've seen so far with some type of metal in the middle of the brackets. Yay, go us!
Happy moving to you!!!

metalmouthmommy

#73 Post by metalmouthmommy »

:D Thanks Melissa :D I wouldn't say it's beautiful yet...but hopefully on it's way. :wink:

I've had the spring on since March and it's just now finally doing it's job! I guess I have slow moving teeth!?

Yeah! on the bracket buds 8) I have to head over to your story so I can check out yer pearly whites!

jenny101101

#74 Post by jenny101101 »

Yay, the spring is finally working! :banana: (Hmmm, I guess my finger crossing worked :lol: )
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

metalmouthmommy

#75 Post by metalmouthmommy »

I guess your a lucky charm then Lil'Jenny :lol:

Can u keep your fingers crossed that my back tooth is gonna be bracketed next week too!!!!