Further Proof

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

stevon

Further Proof

#1 Post by stevon »

There have been many discussions here about how our braces are a far bigger deal to us than they are to anyone else. Here's some added proof.

I got my braces off last Friday. WOOT! I hadn't told most people that it was happening; wanting to get a little suprise factor in there. Well, my own mother didn't notice until I gave her the full-teeth grin and even then she had to do a double take as if to say, "Something is different. What is it?"

I also did not tell most of my coworkers. In the 3 days I have been at work since having them removed not one of them has said anything! I have seen them all do the double take look, but no one says a word about it.

spartanforever

#2 Post by spartanforever »

Congrats on getting them off! How long did you have them?

BarbieGirl

#3 Post by BarbieGirl »

Oh, how disappointing that must have been for you that no one noticed! Where is the glory, right. Well congratulations and with no extractions too! Good for you--I live in your shadow.
Top and bottom Braces on: July 7, 2008
Elastics on: July 31, 2008
Next appt: September 9, 2008

stevon

#4 Post by stevon »

I was braced for 23 months. My how it flew by! I am so glad I did it.

It hasn't been all that disapointing that some folks didn't notice, to be honest. I am so thrilled with my new smile and my wife has been utterly ecstatic about it. And besides me and my wife, whose opinions really matter?

The funniest reaction to getting my braces off came from my 2-year-old son. At least once a day for the first 3 days after my braces were removed he would reach up, touch my front teeth and say, "Gone!" Kids are the greatest!

BarbieGirl

#5 Post by BarbieGirl »

My daughter likes to touch my teeth now with the braces on....and she wants braces. She is only 5.
Top and bottom Braces on: July 7, 2008
Elastics on: July 31, 2008
Next appt: September 9, 2008

janessa

#6 Post by janessa »

Oh man I won't be able to keep my mouth shut around my coworkers and family when the time comes! Perhaps it's because it's more obvious to see teeth with metal on them and more ordinary to see them without braces so that's why they didn't notice? Bummer, but congrats!

stevon

#7 Post by stevon »

A quick update:

I was at lunch with my coworkers today and one of them looked directly at me and exclaimed, "You got your braces off!" Immediately all the others chimed in, "Wow, I hadn't even noticed!" They complimented me on how great my smile looks and then the conversation turned to each person's own braces experience. One used to be an ortho assistant and a sales rep for a braces manufacturer. As the conversation wound down one of the ladies said, "I am getting braces again. I go in the middle of next month." It was a fun conversation and I definitely felt good with their compliments and knowing that one of my coworkers will soon be starting the braces process, as well.

funshine

#8 Post by funshine »

Congrats, stevon!

I can't even imagine how cool it'll be to finally be braceless. I'm thinking I'll have perma-grin.
Last edited by funshine on Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raven78

#9 Post by Raven78 »

Congrats on getting your braces off!!! I bet you were thrilled that someone finally noticed.

My youngest daugther (21 months) likes to touch my brackets then pull her finger back and laugh. When she does that all thecare of what other people think goes right out the door.
Kendra.......
Braced~April 3, 2008
DeBraced~ Feb 10, 2010
Braced for 22 months & 1 week.
Now have clear retainers.