Catfish's Journey - updated with pics 11-7-08 (page 5)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Memran

#16 Post by Memran »

Your teeth are looking great! You must be really pleased with that progress :)
How did I lose it, you may ask? The rubbing was so painful, I decided to take a needle-nosed plier to it to try to press it down. It didn't press down, it came off! So when I go back to my ortho, I will have some 'splainin to do! (A reference to my favorite sitcom ever - I Love Lucy!)
Deny all knowledge! lol
Upper brace on 23rd June 2008
Lower brace on 27th August 2008
Expected treatment time: 30 months :shock:
Braces removed on 6th June 2010
My Braces Story!

catfish

#17 Post by catfish »

Ken and Rob - thanks for the chuckle!
:lol:
My ortho fit me in today and I told them what happened, but not how it happened. Nobody asked, and I didn't offer! So here's a pic with the new stop. It feels sooooo much better!
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

BracedVeryLate

#18 Post by BracedVeryLate »

Hi Catfish, that is too funny about you and the pliers.... I would have done the same thing! I asked my husband the other night to get out the dremel-drill with an attachment to sand down something odd on one of my brackets. He thought I was crazy. Now that I read your post, I better behave and not try any do-it-yourself projects on my braces!!
take care
Patricia

OhNicole

#19 Post by OhNicole »

"Lucy, you have some 'splainin to do!" Hehe I got your reference!

I was just catching up on your story and was astounded at the progress your teeth have made! Congratulations, they are looking great!
~Nikki~
23 year old brace face and proud of it!

My story is well under way! Follow along in my thread.

sparkles

#20 Post by sparkles »

hahaha I have to laugh too...I actually cut my new top archwire yesterday with my own wire cutters that I use for jewelry making (archwire was sticking out the back and stabbing my cheek) and no way was I trailing all the way back up to ortho to get him to cut like 2mm of wire :lol:
My husband suggested it but said there was no way he was doing it for me, he wasn't going to be held liable if ti went wrong
I might have had some explaining to do too if it had gone wrong!

braces4astw22

#21 Post by braces4astw22 »

Hey Catfish

Thanks for popping by my story just read through yours and your bottoms are looking pretty good.. alot of movement for 4 months in

I have to laugh about the pliers... early on when I was having problems with my bottom expander I had thoughts of trying to fix it myself like that lol but I waited and had my ortho fix it up..
Shannon - being braced at age 29

Miranbrady20

#22 Post by Miranbrady20 »

i love the way they look on your teeth!... they are the damons right!? i think they look so clean and mature! very nice your teeth are so pretty!

catfish

#23 Post by catfish »

Thanks Necra! I've always liked my teeth, and I hope to keep them around for a while. And yes, I have Damon braces. When I first got braces, I didn't know about AW. So when my ortho showed me the brackets he planned to use, I didn't ask about other options (other than invisalign, which wouldn't work for me). I'm happy with them though, and I doubt I would have picked anything different even if I had known what my choices were.

Miranbrady20

#24 Post by Miranbrady20 »

i wanted damons because of what they do and then i saw everyone with the cute lig colors and wanted thos but now after seeing them on you i think i will stick with damons because i do enjoy the classy look they have! i could stare at your teeth all day wondering what they are gonna look like on me!! lol

jenny101101

#25 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi Catfish,

Glad to hear you got your stopper issue all worked out. Your teeth look amazing!! I have Damon's too, BTW :D although I have Damon 3's(half clear/half metal)on my social six.
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

Miranbrady20

#26 Post by Miranbrady20 »

im getting full metal damons!!!im soo scared too... i hope they arent too big... thats one of my many concerns... i feel that i have small teeth and idk if their size will over power my teeth...

lueyfufu

#27 Post by lueyfufu »

XXNECRAXX - Just think of it this way: they'll make your lips look all pouty and fuller. :D

angel84

#28 Post by angel84 »

Goodness your teeth are beautiful! I love how white they are. :D
*SKYE aka Amanda* 25, Army wife and Mommy of 5 ages 10, 5, 3, 19 months, and due in December! :)

catfish

#29 Post by catfish »

I haven't seen different brackets side-by-side, but aren't the metal ones supposed to be small compared to the others?

Jenny - are your Damon-3's bigger than the metal brackets?

jenny101101

#30 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi Catfish,

No, I don't think they're bigger, not by much anyway. If you look at them, you really can't tell they're half clear...they look all metal. I guess they're supposed to be a bit more discreet but, as you can see on my avatar, they're not. I don't mind though. It's what my ortho uses, not what I chose but I'm happy with them :D .
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.