Michele's Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

michele

#31 Post by michele »

Hi,
I just got home from my 9th adjustment. I got a new lower wire I think it is a steel 18 wire, it got heat treated. I also got two new hooks on my upper wire one on the left again and a new one on the right. The hooks do not go as far back as last time on the left they go back to the first molars and not to the second molars like last time. I feel most of this adjustment on the right because I have not had rubberbands there for almost 3 months (since the beginning of december, and when I was wearing rubberbands on the right they were a smaller size). For now it seems that all of my gaps have closed up so no powerchain on the bottom. I also got a wire tie on top 2-2 again. I hope my upper wire will not be shifting again. My next adjustment is just a check up.

Michele
I have Gac In-ovation brackets (self-ligating). I got my braces Dec 29 2003. My estimated treatment time is 27 months. I got my braces off Dec 5 2005 after 23 months and 1 week.

michele

#32 Post by michele »

Hi,
I just got home from the ortho. I had a bracket come off the bottom yesterday before my cleaning. I got the bracket put back on, and got a new 18x25 wire same wire as I have on top. I guess I will get the steel wire back at the next adjustment or the one after that. I am hoping this does not push back my treatment any.

Michele
I have Gac In-ovation brackets (self-ligating). I got my braces Dec 29 2003. My estimated treatment time is 27 months. I got my braces off Dec 5 2005 after 23 months and 1 week.

malikara

#33 Post by malikara »

Hi Michelle

Great progress so far! Do you know what the size of your overjet was before treatment started, and what it is now? Are your bottom teeth being moved forward as well as your top teeth being moved back? Do you have any latest pictures?

Sorry to ask so many questions but I've just started treatment and have an 11mm overjet which is being treated without surgery too. I'm anxious about what I'll look like afterwards!

michele

#34 Post by michele »

malikara wrote:Hi Michele

Great progress so far! Do you know what the size of your overjet was before treatment started, and what it is now? Are your bottom teeth being moved forward as well as your top teeth being moved back? Do you have any latest pictures?

Sorry to ask so many questions but I've just started treatment and have an 11mm overjet which is being treated without surgery too. I'm anxious about what I'll look like afterwards!

My overjet was "about 5mm" before treatment. I do not know what it is now. I do not know about the lower jaw movement. I do not have any latest pics, I will try. Not much has changed since the last pics, I have just had my small gaps close.

Michele

jose

Gac Self Ligating

#35 Post by jose »

Hi Michelle,

I will have my brackets in about a month, my dentist told me that he will use as brackets the GAC self Ligating.

I understand that you have the same ones. What is the difference, there are advantage or disadvantage... i mean as user or pratically the same?

Thanks

Have a good week end

Jose
M/32

michele

Re: Gac Self Ligating

#36 Post by michele »

jose wrote:Hi Michelle,

I will have my brackets in about a month, my dentist told me that he will use as brackets the GAC self Ligating.

I understand that you have the same ones. What is the difference, there are advantage or disadvantage... i mean as user or pratically the same?

Thanks

Have a good week end

Jose
M/32
I will try to answer your questions the best I can. I have found that these brackets are more confortable (I have seen many people talk about using a lot of wax I have not used any except for when the wire got long). We do not have to worry about staining. If you have more specific questions just let me know. I am working on getting up some updated pics.

MicheLe

jose

Thanks

#37 Post by jose »

Interesting.. Then hopefully a little less disconfort the first days...
Thanks for the explaination.

I will let you know when I will get them. I think it will be around the 20th of May.

Ciao

Jose

michele

#38 Post by michele »

malikara wrote:Do you have any latest pictures?
Sorry it took me so long to get pictures up.

Upper teeth after 16 months
Lower teeth after 16 months
Side view my right after 16 months
Side view my left after 16 months
Front view after 16 months
I still have at least 12 months left in my treatment
Last edited by michele on Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

malikara

#39 Post by malikara »

Thanks for posting more pics. It's difficult to believe that you still need braces for another year, as your teeth look really good to me. What still needs to be done?

michele

#40 Post by michele »

Hi,
I still need to finish fixing the overbite (I think I will have my rubberbands for at least one year so that means that I will have them until at least July), and then finishing up what ever might need to be done. I know that my upper right canine is a little rotated and that needs to be fixed.

Michele

michele

#41 Post by michele »

Hi,
I just got home from my 10th adjustment. I had nothing done, no new wire(s), or elastic configurations. I was told that next time I am getting a new wire (I think it is on top) and a new configuration for my rubberbands. So finally I get a pain free adjustment. I was also told that I will be getting my braces off by March 2006. I was also told that my ortho is happy with the gaps that have formed.

Michele

michele

#42 Post by michele »

Hi,
I just got home from adjustment 11. I got a new upper wire. I got a 016c2 wire. I got condencing done (what ever that is, I think it is the 2 loops that were put in the wire). I have gotten my rubberband wear time cut down, only at night now. I am now wearing Japan, a down grade from what I was wearing. I wear them from the loops (right before my canines on top) to my lower first molars. I also got a wire tie on top from 2-2. I will try to get up some pictures soon. So far this adjustment is no big deal. My next adjustment is a checkup.

Michele

michele

#43 Post by michele »

Here are my updated pictures. I have also uploaded them to my website. If you view my website please take a moment and sign my guest book, thanks.

Upper teeth after 18 months
Lower teeth after 18 months
Side view my right after 18 months
Side view my left after 18 months
Front view after 18 months

Michele

wating4braces

Re: Michele's Story

#44 Post by wating4braces »

michele wrote:I made an appointment for a consultation on December 17, 2003. I was told at the consultation that I had an overbite, crossbite and crowding. Most that my general dentist had already told me and he wanted to fix. I was also told that I would need two lingual expanders.
god, that sounds EXACTLY like what i need and what is wrong with me! heh heh sorry, just noticed it lol. :lol: i do wish i had a few gaps though. those powerchains look awesome on my friends! :D

michele

Re: Michele's Story

#45 Post by michele »

wating4braces wrote:
michele wrote:I made an appointment for a consultation on December 17, 2003. I was told at the consultation that I had an overbite, crossbite and crowding. Most that my general dentist had already told me and he wanted to fix. I was also told that I would need two lingual expanders.
god, that sounds EXACTLY like what i need and what is wrong with me! heh heh sorry, just noticed it lol. :lol: i do wish i had a few gaps though. those powerchains look awesome on my friends! :D
Good luck with your treatment.

Michele