Unhappy teeth's story- Updated with photos (page 5)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Katt

#31 Post by Katt »

I just read your story and so far so good it seems. I was a preschool teacher when I had my bracecs on and it was actually quite funny at first and now my kids always ask to see them or request certain colors. I have just regular metal brackets so I can't relate on the lingual part but I do understand springs and powerchains. You will certainly feel them but they also make some quick progress. Keep taking pictures it does help to stay motivated.

Unhappy teeth

#32 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Thank you everybody for dropping by! My extraction seems to be recovering nicely, still rinsing with salty water :yuck: Will try to get pics up soon so you can check out my new gappy smile!

Miss Smiley: thank you for your compliment, you too have lovely teeth and look well on the way to getting your braces taken off

Jenny: Thanks also. The molar build-ups are still a bit annoying, chewing is not easy but I would rather put up with them than knock my brackets off!

Swtmisery: I will try to get photos up soon, hopefully this weekend. Hope your braces are still being kind to you

LongintheT: I hope your adjustment also went well and that your pupils were as nice to you as mine were!

Kaleeky: I know what you mean about that numb feeling, after my multiple injections I couldn't feel my lip for about 3 hours! Better that than a painful extraction though

Katt: I am definitely feeling that spring/powerchain combo, hopefully I'll see some movement soon, I don't fancy having this big gap for too long.

Unhappy teeth

#33 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Ooops, double post

callmeswtmisery

#34 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Good Morning Unhappy Teeth,

I have a question for you. I have an appt for my cleaning with my dentist TOMORROW!!! Is it to soon to get a cleaning? HELP!!!!

Unhappy teeth

#35 Post by Unhappy teeth »

My extraction site has pretty much healed now and my mouth is getting used to the new gadgets my ortho added!

First photos were taken today (not quite 2 months into treatment), 2nd photos taken 1 month into treatment

Here you can see my lovely new gap plus the spring and powerchain I acquired at my adjusment:
Image Image

I think the wire ties are beginning to sort out my lower jaw too:
Image Image

LaLaDee

#36 Post by LaLaDee »

Unhappy teeth: Thanks for reading my story. Your lower arch is looking quite good for just two months. I hope your tooth will move into place in no time! Take care!

Miss Smiley

#37 Post by Miss Smiley »

Your lowers are awesome!! That upper gap will close up in no time at all.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

jenny101101

#38 Post by jenny101101 »

Your teeth are looking fabulous! How's your extraction site feeling now? Hope all is well!! :D
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

shoezy

#39 Post by shoezy »

callmeswtmisery wrote:... Is it to soon to get a cleaning? HELP!!!!

I was recommended and get it done every 3 months.

Unhappy teeth,
They look wonderful luv, keep smiling...

-S

----------
braces on: Feb 2005
braces off: Nov 2008

Unhappy teeth

#40 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Thank you LaLaDee, Miss Smiley, Jenny and shoezy for the lovely compliments. :D The extraction site has pretty much healed now although my gap still seems HUGE. I need my teeth to get moving quicker to fill in the gap!

I have noticed a small dark mark (which I assume to be the beginning of a cavity) on the side of my left premolar which my now missing tooth was hiding. Have to call my dentist to get her to check it out but have been putting it off as I couldn't face a filling so soon after my extraction. Damn my phobia!

Will update once I've plucked up the courage to go to the dentist.

xOx SwEeTtReAtS xOx

#41 Post by xOx SwEeTtReAtS xOx »

thanks for all your kind words!! i'm sure i'll start to freak as soon as i get into the car to drive there!! but like you said it will be worth it in the end. I hope its not a cavity you have, drilling and dentists are no fun :roll:. your lower arch is coming along very nicely and i'm sure the top arch will soon follow with all the space it has now!! thanks again, i'll check back soon!! :D

Sentence: 14 months
Upper and Lower
Follow my story by clicking WWW!! :)

callmeswtmisery

#42 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Unhappy teeth,

How is everything coming along? How was the extractions, and how long did it take for it to heal? Was you in a lot of pain on the first day? You know I have to get 4 teeth pulled!!!! :cry: :cry:

Please keep me updated with everything!!!

Unhappy teeth

#43 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Been to see my dentist today. Luckily, the dark mark I noticed was only staining and polished off, yay no filling! :banana: She had a quick look while I was there and said that everything looked really good so I'm pleased that I must be doing a good enough job with the cleaning.

I forgot to mention: a few weeks ago, whilst flossing, I caught the edge of the glue that my ortho had put over the crack on my lower left lateral incisor. The glue flew across the bathroom and when I looked at my tooth- NO CRACK! I'm guessing that one of 2 things happened: 1) I ripped off the glue and the small flap of enamel went with it or 2) there was no crack, the "flap of enamel" was actually glue in the first place! :oops: Anyway, I'm happy that my tooth seems normal!

Will update in a week or so with new pics.

swtmisery: My extraction took about a week to heal, it was a bit sore and achy on the first couple of days. It wasn't too bad at all, good luck for your extractions.

callmeswtmisery

#44 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Unhappy teeth,

I have one more question for you. When do they put your wire back on (How many days do you have to wait)?

Thanks for helping me with my questions!!!!

Unhappy teeth

#45 Post by Unhappy teeth »

swtmisery: No worries, glad I can help someone else after all the help I've been given! :D My ortho put the archwire straight back on after the extraction