Banding tomorrow! *Updated with question about In-Ovation C*

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mwp921

Banding tomorrow! *Updated with question about In-Ovation C*

#1 Post by mwp921 »

After a week of annoying separators, I'm getting my braces tomorrow morning!! I decided on clear In-Ovation brackets.

I feel like a little kid the night before Christmas! :D
----------------------------

I got my braces this morning! Woohoo! I was there for 3 1/2 hours. They had trouble fitting one band and hand to shave or file a molar just a tad to make space. Then my eye teeth were making contact with the lower brackets and they had to use THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR (sp) to open my bite.

I'm a little disappointed with the "clear" brackets, though. I got In-Ovation C brackets on top and metal In-Ovations on bottom. I was under the impression that the top would be all clear, but the doors are shiny metal. Anyone else discover this after the fact?

For those of you with In-Ovation C brackets, how to you like them? Do the metal doors cause shiny spots on your teeth in photos?
Last edited by mwp921 on Tue May 13, 2008 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fluffybottom

#2 Post by fluffybottom »

Congratulations and good luck! Let us know how it went!
I had my braces on for 2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks and 2 days.

mwp921

#3 Post by mwp921 »

Updated in original post.

sauerkraut

#4 Post by sauerkraut »

Congrats on the braces :) Wow, 3 1/2 hours for fitting, and I thought my 3 hours was a bit of a record!

I have more or less the same as you; Inovation Cs for the "social6" upper teeth, and metal everywhere else. I knew exactly what I was getting because the ortho showed me sample brackets on a model beforehand (well, actually I didn't know exactly what I was getting because he didn't tell me they were Inovations, I discovered that from the small print in the bill!) I sometimes wonder why I bothered with the Cs but I suppose they're just a tiny bit more discreet than all metal. I can't answer the question about glinting in photos yet because I've only had the brackets 10 days but I've just got back from holiday so when the pictures are on the computer I guess I'll know. Fortunately nowadays any problems can be photoshopped out!!

kittymeow84

#5 Post by kittymeow84 »

For self-ligating brackets the In-Ovation C's are the most unnoticable on the market. The only way you could get more discreet is with traditional brackets and clear or white ligs. The disadvantages with those is that they are generally bigger overall and the ligatures can stain. BUT you already have them on so it would be quite costly to get them replaced and for no serious benefit.
You'd be surprised at how few people will actually notice your braces so there's no need to worry ;) Check out my link in my signature below as I also have the In-Ovations.
Clickies on the "WWW" to see my braces story :)

mwp921

#6 Post by mwp921 »

I can't view your photo. I'd love to see what your In-Ovations look like. I feel like mine are super bulky compared to other people I run into that have traditional brackets. :-(

Edited to add...Duh...I see the pictures now. Your In-Ovations look great (and just like mine...ha)! Maybe I'm being too critical of myself afterall.

sauerkraut

#7 Post by sauerkraut »

No glinting to report on any holiday pics!

Incidentally, we were away for 8 days and each of my daughters had a friend with them for the holiday. My daughters have just told me that neither of their friends realised that I had braces :shock: .

Just goes to show we are far more aware of our braces than anyone else is!

Hope you're getting on well with yours, mwp921 :)

Shoelaw101

In-Ovation C braces in Los Angeles or nearby

#8 Post by Shoelaw101 »

Hello,

I am getting braces and I really want the In-Ovation C braces. I can't seem to find any orthodontists in the L.A. area who use them except for Dr. Atoosa Nikaen. Does anyone on here have In-Ovation Cs and live in L.A. or know of an orthodontist who uses them??

Thanks!