DeeDee's Story~5th Adjustment 10/16/08 Posted Pic pg 4

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

callmeswtmisery

#16 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Hello Jenny,

Ugh Jenny I hate looking at the mirror right now. (and that is kinda hard I have a mirror right in front of my at my desk) I really hate how this looks right now, and I am trying to stay strong, but there is no way around thes braces! LOL :D

I pray that these two years goes by really fast! I find myself talking to my co-workers, and now I am covering up my mouth!! :soremouth:

*melissa*

#17 Post by *melissa* »

swtmisery,
I was the same way during the first couple days of being braced...thankfully those feelings of insecurity pass pretty quicky. I would say after a week or two, I didn't even notice them or feel them in my mouth anymore :)

Bekah

#18 Post by Bekah »

I felt the exact same way for the first few days! Everyone kept telling me how good they looked and I just assumed they were all feeding me a load of crap.

I am use to them now. I don't know if will help but I think that they really do look good!

Let us know how you are doing soon!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

braces4astw22

#19 Post by braces4astw22 »

Hey there

Just got around to checking out your pics! yay your braces look so good! I hope im like you and dont feel much pain. I am going away on friday to visit family so I dont want to be in too much pain. My teeth are a little tender from the spacers already so I hope that is as bad as it gets!

Will keep you posted on my bday

:D
Shannon - being braced at age 29

Unhappy teeth

#20 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Hi Swtmisery

Congrats on getting braced, hope you're still feeling fine and no pain. I'm sure you'll get used to your new look in no time.

I too have had to wait for an extraction. My ortho said she wanted to get my teeth moving before she removed my tooth. Am getting it removed at my 1st adjustment (which will be 7 weeks into treatment). Not looking forward to it :( but I keep telling myself "it'll be worth it in the end!"

insinu8

#21 Post by insinu8 »

swtmisery, I'm glad you got through your bday without too much trouble. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling down about how they look (by the way, they look marvelous! - thanks for the pic!).

I discovered that when I finally decided to get braced I was really having a positive feeling about it because I was doing it for ME. You've started a process in which no one but you will benefit. You're treating yourself right. It's a goodthing[tm] and you deserve it. It can be distressing when you look at your teeth and see where you're starting from, but just remind yourself where you're going and why. It's for you and you're going to look fantastic. Every day, little by little, you've done something really incredible for yourself.

The folks who are commenting at work are jealous. They wish they had the balls to do what you're doing, and they're envious. YOU got braces and they DIDN'T. Be proud! :)
Christopher

MY BRACES JOURNAL

MsViola

#22 Post by MsViola »

Congrats on your B-day :-)o

I had extractions done 11 months into the process. My Ortho decided to wait on the extractions because :
1) I was terrified of the idea of pulling teeth ( I had never had a tooth pulled)

2) He gave me the option of seeing for myself that I really needed 2 pre-molars extracted to correct my overbite. He also stated that if I chose not to have them pulled he would correct as much as he could.

3) He knew my impacted wisdom teeth were going to need to be extracted (even though I was against any procedure that required me being put to sleep) and wanted to give me time to make the decision so that everything could be done at the same time.

I am glad I waited. I was so upset about the prospect of oral surgery I probably would not have gotten the braces if he had insisted I had the teeth removed before being braced. He "let me think" :wink: I was in control. I am sure he knew once I started seeing results I would agree to the extractions.

Anyway...........I am glad it played out the way it did.

Good luck on your journey,
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

1/17/07 - Upper (Clear) & Lower (Metal - self ligatating) Braces
Estimated treatment time = 30-36 months

callmeswtmisery

Feeling Great

#23 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Hello All,

Thanks for all of your kind words and advise on my questions that I had!!!

Today makes it a week since I have been braces, and everything is going fine. I am so used to the braces now. I even talk and smile without hiding my teeth with my hand.

June 24,08 will be my first adjustment.

Unlike everyone elses stories I don't see any movement yet. I'm hoping I will see something within the next 3 month! I'm so jealous when I am reading everyone else stories. :x :-((

Im' just really happy that I did this, and thank you all for your support!!!!

Unhappy teeth

#24 Post by Unhappy teeth »

I didn't notice any movement until about 3 or 4 weeks into treatment so don't despair that you haven't noticed any yet. One day you'll look in the mirror and think "wow- when did that happen?!"

braces4astw22

#25 Post by braces4astw22 »

Hey there

thanks for checking in on me :) I had a really great weekend with my family despite the pain. This morning before I boarded my plane I called the orthos office to see if I could make an appt for tomorrow. They said just to come in and they will have someone look at it right away and make some adjustments on it. So when I get out of bed tomorrow I will do that first thing.

I think I would feel used to the braces otherwise if I didnt have that bottom expander digging into my tongue :( I can tell things are starting to move not by what I can see but my bite feels different, its like I keep hitting my teeth off other teeth and have never happened before.

Im glad to hear your not having too much trouble... and hopefully in a few months we will both see lots of movement. I still havent taken any braces pics yet my mouth has been too sore and tender because of the expanders. I feel like I have sores all over too lol been rinsing them with warm salt water.

I will let you know how it goes tomorrow after I go see the ortho and have this bottom expander looked at.. I would love to eat somewhat normally without metal stabbing into my tongue..

callmeswtmisery

Cleaning Tomorrow

#26 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Hello All,

I go for my 6 month cleaning tomorrow. I'm kinda scared. I just got the braces put on about 9 days ago, and I am wondering if it is to soon to get a cleaning. I asked my Dentist over the phone and she told me no?!?!?<<<<Kinda lost on this topic

jenny101101

#27 Post by jenny101101 »

Nope, it's not too early at all. I went for my cleaning 7 days after being braced and I was fine. It had actually been a year since my last cleaning b/c I'd missed the 6 month one :oops: . You'll be fine. Just make sure to tell them if you have any really sensitive/sore spots and hopefully they'll stear clear of them. I had one swollen gum area and she just stayed away from it...said she'd clean it really good the next visit.

Good luck! :D
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

braces4astw22

#28 Post by braces4astw22 »

Hey there

Did you go for your cleaning? How did it go? Im probably going to have to go for one soon. Just want to get used to things first. Hope your having a good weekend :)

NiKNaK

#29 Post by NiKNaK »

Hey I read your story and I was wondering how u were doing now. I've had my braces on for almost 3 months now. When I first got them, I hated how I look but now they're starting to grow on me. I actually like them. How's it going for you?

callmeswtmisery

#30 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Hello All,

Well I have not been doing to well...Nothing with the braces...I had a abscess that had to be removed from my leg....so I am having a really hard time walking right now!