My road to straight teeth - updated 03-Dec-08 *PICS on p.7*

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

danish

#61 Post by danish »

hi Miss Smiley,

Just curious. For how long have you been closing the gaps? I know that the teeth only 1mm a month (that would be 0.039 inches), so I guess that it will not happen overnight.
Closing the gaps is definitely one of the more nice steps in the treatment as one's teeth finally start looking OK for once. Hehe :jump:

Danish
metal braces on: 4 Oct 2007
Tx for: crowding
debonded on: 24 Jun 2009

total treatment time: 629 days

my journey ==> http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

*melissa*

#62 Post by *melissa* »

oopsies, double post.
Last edited by *melissa* on Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

*melissa*

#63 Post by *melissa* »

Danish- Your teeth are moving so fast!! WOW, you must be really happy :D Looking great!!

Pyrose

#64 Post by Pyrose »

Thanks so much for posting your story, Danish. I was feeling kinda bummed out and now feel so encouraged after reading how your treatment is going. Your teeth look so wonderful! Gotta admit I'm envious over here. :D

I should start taking pictures like what you've done. I think actually seeing the progress will help me feel great.

Man, your teeth look awesome!
Ceramic uppers, metal lowers.

Kara

#65 Post by Kara »

Hi Danish! I just read through your story. You've had quite a journey. Your teeth look great! Oh and dont worry on those gaps... they'll close up quick! Did your ortho say how he plans to close them? I have springs on currently going from my canines to my molar bands. We had the same extractions on top it seems. They've been doing a great job at closing my gaps and I've only had them on for a month or so I think.

I look forward to following your story. You have a great smile already!!! Cant wait to see updates!

Kara

Eva

#66 Post by Eva »

Hi Danish

Nice to "see" you again, and thank you for link to this great forum! :wink:

young67

#67 Post by young67 »

Thanks for checking out my blog!

Your teeth look fabulous for 6 months. What a transformation. Come on you must have some special tricks to make them move so fast? Please share. haha :D

I hope mine continue to move as fast as yours.

danish

#68 Post by danish »

6th adjustment on 25 April 2008.

What I sort of knew turned out to be true. My gaps have only closed 0,5 mm (= 0.02 inches) since the last adjustment a month ago. I was hoping that it would go faster, though I know that I shouldn't expect more than 1mm (= 0.04 inches) movement per month according to my ortho. I use double H3 elastics i.e. 3mm (1/8") and heavy 4 oz. elastics for closing the gaps.

My midline which is about 2 mm (= 0.08 inches) of center has not moved a lot either. For moving the midline I use H4 elastics i.e. 4 mm (3/16") and heavy 4 oz.

I guess that I have to get used to not expecting visible results between adjustments from now on unlike the initial phase where there is a lot of movement... :?

Here comes the usual pics. Enjoy :wink:

front:

upper:

lower:

sides:

Next adjustment on 21 may 2008. See yaa then :)

Danish

*melissa*

#69 Post by *melissa* »

Danish- Sorry to hear about the slow movement...your teeth look awesomely straight though, so just keep hangin in there :thumbsup:

Kara

#70 Post by Kara »

Hi Danish! Your teeth look awesome! Those gaps are closing... slowly but surely!

I wish I could use elastics rather than these metal springs. I've cut my tongue a million times on them I swear.

Hang in there! It wil happen. :D

danish

#71 Post by danish »

7th adjustment on 21 May 2008.

Hi there.

This adjustment went smooth. My ortho measured the distance in gaps of tooth extraction sites. Apparantly gaps are closing but it goes sooooooooooooooo slow. A real downer to be honest. I do not see anything but then I see my teeth every day and woudn't notice!?

Elastics were replaced by coil springs between 2nd premolars and canines in upper and lower jaw. The coil springs I don't have to change which is a good thing :)

Highlight of this adjustment was that my midline is almost aligned :jump: Won't be long before that's fixed!

I was suspecting a cavity in upper jaw right side where the molarband is due to a slight soreness/pain when a floss in the area. My ortho took x-rays and there are no problems with cavities. I'm praying that I will not have any cavities during the treatment as it may prolong treatment time. I'm insanely thorough with my dental hygiene by brushing after every meal, flossing daily, using a small toothbrush for interdental cleaning and avoiding sweets (to the extent it's possible. hehe :wink: ).

Some people may get the idea that I'm negative about being braced when reading my posts. I realize that I tend to focus on the metal in my mouth and don't see what's happening beneath the metal. My bad :oops: The aesthetics of my teeth have improved. One only has to take a quick look at my bottoms. So I just want to say thanks for all the encouraging comments and supportive remarks so far when I vent my frustrations on the forum :D

Here are pics:

front

upper

lower

sides

Next appointment is scheduled on 25 June 2008. My ortho might remove the TPA as it apparantly is not needed anymore. Yes... getting closer to the finishing line!! :-88

I will keep you posted. See ya on the forum :wink:

Danish

victor36

#72 Post by victor36 »

danish wrote:My ortho measured the distance in gaps of tooth extraction sites. Apparantly gaps are closing but it goes sooooooooooooooo slow. A real downer to be honest. I do not see anything but then I see my teeth every day and woudn't notice!?
hi danish,

wow, your teeth are making awesome progress! All you have to do is look at the old pictures from page 1 and see how far you have come. Great job!

~Victor
B-day: 02/06/07
Adjustments: 04/03/07, 05/30/07, 07/25/07, 09/18/07, 11/15/07, 01/10/08, 03/04/08, 05/08/08
Debonding: 07/01/08
18 month prognosis
Actual Treatment Time: 1 year, 4 months, 25 days
Click on the Image ↓↓ below for my story.

Miss Smiley

#73 Post by Miss Smiley »

I can tell just by looking that your extraction gaps have gotten smaller! Your teeth look great!!!!!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

jojo

#74 Post by jojo »

hey danish!!

I have a very similar upper arch and in two weeks I will be having my first upper biscupids extractacted...I am NOT looking forward to it...I am terrified :cry: because I had two lower molar extracted two weeks ago and I was in so much pain...I just hope that it is not as bad. I am glad to see your progress..it amazing! and that gives me courage to go and get it over with. Look forward to seeing more pics!

Take care,

Jojo :wink:

Katt

#75 Post by Katt »

Wow your teeth are looking great, I'm having some brace envy right now.