DeeDee's Story~5th Adjustment 10/16/08 Posted Pic pg 4

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

callmeswtmisery

DeeDee's Story~5th Adjustment 10/16/08 Posted Pic pg 4

#1 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Hello,

I am new to the process of getting braces. I went to get my spacers done on 5/1/2008 and boy do they hurt. Does anyone know when will this pain go away?
Last edited by callmeswtmisery on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:59 am, edited 10 times in total.

mella

#2 Post by mella »

hey there well i got an rpe and yes it did stop hurting and the braces well im new with that too just got mine monday hehe but im sure it will get better are you having problems chewing food?? I am lol but its slowly getting better

insinu8

#3 Post by insinu8 »

swtmisery

I've gone through three sets of spacers so far and each time the pain last about 2-3 days. Remember to take some pain meds like Ibuprofin (Advil) if it gets too bad.

You'll be getting braced the day before I do, you lucky person! Are you getting top & bottom on the same day? Will you be getting any bands put on?

Good luck and welcome to AW :)
Christopher

MY BRACES JOURNAL

callmeswtmisery

Update

#4 Post by callmeswtmisery »

I went on 5-15-05 to get my to get my Brackets. To be honest with you for the first few days I really was in pain. Now I feel nothing!! I am eating everything that I was eating before. I just have one problem my mouth rubs against the upper right bracket & now my mouth is getting used to it. SO THAT MEANS NO MORE PAIN!!!!! I am getting my braces put on tomorrow!!!!!

callmeswtmisery

#5 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Insinu8 I will tell you everything that happens. We should be have no problems with getting this done. I will put pic's up tonight so that I can see my old smile for the last time!

callmeswtmisery

I AM GETTING BRACED TOMORROW Any Advise?

#6 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Braced TOMORROW!!!!

callmeswtmisery

Pic's

#7 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Hello All,

I forgot to add pic's of my mouth before braces. I can't wait!

URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
By callmeswtmisery[/URL

[url=http://imageshack.us]Image

By [URL=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/callmeswtmisery]callmeswtmisery

braces4astw22

#8 Post by braces4astw22 »

Hey callme

We are getting braced about the same time im having mine done on thursday. I have spacers as well and they have been really a pain in my butt for about 4 days or so today they arent too bad but I have gotten a nasty canker sore from having them.

You must be so excited about tomorrow I know im just counting the days. Cant wait to hear how it goes and dont forget to post pics :D
Shannon - being braced at age 29

Bekah

#9 Post by Bekah »

Good luck! I can't wait to see how you are doing tomorrow!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

gemdoll

#10 Post by gemdoll »

hiya people!

i got braced up last monday - so its 1 week and 1 day today.... feeling grrrrreat - feels like i've had so much movement is just such a short space of time!

my lower archwire is not threaded properly thru the hookie thing, do you think my ortho did this on purpose or should it actually be linked thru it?? hummmfff.. questions questions!!

good luck for your brace day!

x

insinu8

#11 Post by insinu8 »

swtmisery, good luck tomorrow....err...today! You, me, and Luella have the same bday :) We should get together, examine each other's new hardware, have a virtual drink (or two) and congratulate each other for getting through it!

Great to see the "starting" pics so you can compare and be amazed when your teeth get their groove on :)
Christopher

MY BRACES JOURNAL

callmeswtmisery

Braced!!!

#12 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Insinu8 I didn't even know that we had the same B-Day :P ! I have to check to see who Luella is. LMAO @ a virtual drink!!!! You are to funny!!! :biglaf:

Thanks for everyone being so supportive with me getting braces yesterday.

Before he put the braces on he did a cleaning, and then he started blowing my teeth with this fan (I didn't like that feeling at all). He then started with the bottom and then the top. I have to get 4 teeth extracted, but he will not tell me when I have to do that. The Big Question is Does Your Braces Hurt? To be honest with you I am in no pain (only when I eat it is a lil tender) I will answer that question next month when he does my adjustment. I really wanted to cry yesterday after the braces when on. You don't notice how messed up your teeth really are until those braces are put on. It just hit me in my face (BAMMM)! I hope that in a couple of months my teeth will not look like this still! +\+

I'm at work right now, and everyone in my Dept knew that I was getting braces put on yesterday. They keep telling me how nice they look, but I know that they don't look nice at all! Here goes a pic of my braces!

By callmeswtmisery

*melissa*

#13 Post by *melissa* »

Congrats on getting braced!!!! :D

callmeswtmisery

Does Anyone Know When They Will Do the Extractions?

#14 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Hello All!!

I just got braced yesterday. The 4 teeth that are going to get extracted my Dentist did not put a brace on them. Does anyone know when will my Dentist tell me that it is ok to get my teeth extracted?!? I asked him yesterday and he didn't have an answer for me, and can anyone tell me why you would have to wait to get your teeth extracted? :oops:

jenny101101

#15 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi swtmisery,

Congrats on getting braced!! They look great!! How are the teeth today? Don't be surprised if day 2 and 3 are the worse....it's normal. Before you know it, you'll be used to them. :D
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.