Melissa's Journey - New update & pic pg. 14

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Faerydust

#46 Post by Faerydust »

Ooh, I see movement in your upper lateral incisors and your bottom teeth straightened quite a bit!

Glad that you finally got the broken off bracket replaced! And no more spacers, yay!! You have nicely shaped/sized teeth btw.
My Braces Story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=25137
4/23/08 - Upper 1st premolars & lower impacted wisdoms extracted
-Getting lowers rebraced Aug. 30th-
Certified Dental Assistant

jenny101101

#47 Post by jenny101101 »

Wow, Melissa, I see lots of changes!! Your lowers are a lot straighter, your upper LI on your left side and the canine right behind it has really come out! You can see the bracket on it :banana: .

Happy 2 months!! :D
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

SGPWired

#48 Post by SGPWired »

Sweet – your teeth are movin’ and a shakin’ :-)o

Congratulations on making it this far - it just gets better everyday. :-88

Miss Chastity

#49 Post by Miss Chastity »

Your teeth have definitely straightened out! Especially your lowers, they are looking nice!

insinu8

#50 Post by insinu8 »

mel,

nice movement going on there! As jenny pointed out that left side pre-molar has come out of hiding :)

congrats on your 2 month anniversary!

yay, movement :-*
Christopher

MY BRACES JOURNAL

PigletInIowa

#51 Post by PigletInIowa »

Hey, Melissa,
What does the molar build-ups do? I'm just wondering if it is to help cushioning the bites or something. I've just past the mark of one month on braces and my bites feel weird.
Thanks a lot!

Sarah

victor36

#52 Post by victor36 »

Hi Melissa,

great progress! you can totally tell the difference in such a short amount of time... hopefully your treatment time will be shorter than expected..
Here's to speedy treatment! :-88

~Victor
B-day: 02/06/07
Adjustments: 04/03/07, 05/30/07, 07/25/07, 09/18/07, 11/15/07, 01/10/08, 03/04/08, 05/08/08
Debonding: 07/01/08
18 month prognosis
Actual Treatment Time: 1 year, 4 months, 25 days
Click on the Image ↓↓ below for my story.

*melissa*

#53 Post by *melissa* »

PigletInIowa: I have a deep overbite, so the molar build ups are there to stop me from biting off my brackets. They were put on my top back molars the day I was braced... They make it so I can't bite all the way down; so none of my teeth touch at all. At first I hated them! I couldnt chew at all for about 2 weeks. Now I can eat anything pretty much...even popcorn. But shhh...dont tell my ortho haha!

PigletInIowa

#54 Post by PigletInIowa »

Ahh, Thanks a lot, melissa! Good to know you learned how to deal with it! :) I think I have a pretty deep overbite, too. but right now I'm also having overjet, so I guess I'm safe from it for at least a while until my front teeth get pushed back:P Did your ortho tell you whether the overbite will be corrected at some point or it'll be there even at the end? I just realized more and more that there are so many questions I didn't ask my ortho before starting the treatment, and now they are all coming up and bug me a lot:( But I feel bad to constantly ask my ortho all those questions. So what did you do? Did you just forget all the embarrassment and keep asking all the questions anyway?

BTW, really love your icon pic, such a happy mouth! Itself can cheer up a whole room :)
Sarah

braces4astw22

#55 Post by braces4astw22 »

Hi Melissa, Just read through your story and your teeth are really looking great. You must be so happy! You must love seeing all the progress your teeth are making I cant wait to do the same.
Shannon - being braced at age 29

*melissa*

#56 Post by *melissa* »

I just wanted to thank you all for the wonderful, encouraging comments...you guys are too sweet! Your comments really brighten my day :mrgreen:

To answer your questions, Piglet, I have an overjet as well, but still need the build ups for some reason...
Yes, my ortho said later on when my teeth get all straightened out, they are going to correct my bite too. I am assuming with elastics?
Dont feel bad for asking your ortho millions of questions. I never feel embarrassed to ask questions...I feel like its my right as a patient. Besides, I am giving them so much money...out of my own pocket! :P
Just write down all your questions on a piece of paper and ask away at your next appt :D

PigletInIowa

#57 Post by PigletInIowa »

Thanks Melissa! That's really good to know! Now I can feel better taking out my long question list to ask. It's really reassuring to know what's going on and where it's heading. Keep up with the great progress!
Sarah

*melissa*

#58 Post by *melissa* »

Here's a photo update. I am going black&white again this time... I am pretty sad, my ligs have turned lime green!! :cry:

This was on 3-30-08...

...And today, 5-17-08

Top arch on 4-12-08

...And today, 5-17-08
Last edited by *melissa* on Sun May 18, 2008 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pearls

#59 Post by pearls »

Amazing progress *melissa*!! Your bottoms have straightened up so nicely, and your top canine is coming in line! I bet you are very proud.

Pearls
Spacers in: 9/4/2008
Braces on:16/4/2008
Sentanced for: 18 months
Metal upper and lowers

*melissa*

#60 Post by *melissa* »

Thank you, Pearls!!! :D