Unhappy teeth's story- Updated with photos (page 5)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rolo

#16 Post by rolo »

Hi unhappy teeth, I did have to laugh at your pupils trying to make you say difficult words. My job share partner was trying to do the same with me, when I had my upper linguals fitted a couple of weeks ago...although she didn't have to try to hard, as we are both community pharmacists currently undertaking an audit on a drug call simvastatin!!! LOL!

Luella

#17 Post by Luella »

Unhappy teeth- How brave of you to admit it to your students! I would think they'd be pretty understanding. It is kinda funny they're asking you to say harder words and I'm proud of you going along with it- the more of a sense of humor you have about it, they cooler they'll be about it! I look forward to following your story!
~ Luella ~
Oral surgery assistant, Registered Dental Assistant, OMAAP Certified

Unhappy teeth

#18 Post by Unhappy teeth »

I have bought myself a Waterpik and used it today for the first time. My whole bathroom is now completely covered in water!

I am slightly concerned though as despite using the "gentle" cleaning nozzle my gums bled quite a lot. Is that normal? Does that mean that my oral hygiene so far has not been good enough? Should I keep using the Waterpik if it makes my gums bleed?

What would I do without all you guys to answer my questions?! :)

Luella

#19 Post by Luella »

I've been considering buying a waterpik. I'm sure if I did I would have issues with water flying everywhere too! I would think that if your gums bleed a little, it should be okay as long as they stop bleeding quickly, and day to day bleed less and less. I don't know what I'd do without everyone's help either!!!
~ Luella ~

Amarea

#20 Post by Amarea »

I too purchased a waterpik after I got my expander and for the first week or so my gums bled as well. They only do now right after an adjustment or major movement of any kind. I've also started to use my mouthwash in mine to shoot it between my teeth as I have a tendancy to get "flossing cavities" between the tight contact points I have. I also feel like my breath stays fresher longer by doing it that way.

LOL about the bathroom. I think that's a standard for everyone's first time! I still do it from time to time! It's really bad when you shoot the cabinet next to you and the water flies back all over you! Or when you are concentrating on getting a certain area and you accidentally shoot water all over the mirror! I had the countertop model but switched to the cordless and I LOVE it!

Unhappy teeth

#21 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Took some photos yesterday (a little blurry!) and I can definitely see some movement in my upper teeth. Not so much in my lowers which is annoying as they were pretty straight to begin with and I was hoping to get my lower braces taken off relatively quickly!

Image Image
Molar build-ups mean I can't really bite down! (I think from this angle my teeth look worse than when I started but that seems to be quite common)

Image Image
Not a lot of movement. Not great pictures either!

Image Image

My front 2 teeth are much more in line (YAY!) :-)o although my poor little lateral incisor has been squeezed out more. I guess when I have a tooth removed in 2 weeks there will be enough space for it to turn and then be bracketed. (Excuse the curry-stained build-ups)

Miss Smiley

#22 Post by Miss Smiley »

Unhappyteeth, you have very lovely teeth and they'll be perfect once your treatment is done. I'd have been happy to start with your teeth.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

jenny101101

#23 Post by jenny101101 »

Great pics! Like Miss Smiley said, you have beautiful teeth. How are the molar build ups treating you? I have one on the left side and it was quite annoying at first but I got used to it pretty quickly. Glad to hear it's going well so far! :D
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

Unhappy teeth

#24 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Well, 2 days to go until my next trip to the orthodontist and my dentist-phobia is beginning to set in! The double-whammy of my first adjustment and an extraction are making me very anxious and I'm having another "what am I doing?!" moment.

Why am I such a wimp?! :oops:

Luella

#25 Post by Luella »

Unhappy teeth- I'd be more worried about you if you weren't anxious about having an extraction and an ortho adjustment! It's normal to be worried; fear of the unknown is the worst kind of fear in my opinion! :shock: You'll do fine- it'll be over before you know it and you'll wonder why you were even worried! And you know what they say about worrying- it's kind of like a rocking chair- if gives you something to do but you don't really get anywhere. :lol: LOL! Let us know how it goes!!!! :wink:
~ Luella ~

kaleeky

#26 Post by kaleeky »

I "second" Luella's post!!! You'll go through your appointment, and then you'll be done with it, and before you know it, you'll be telling us how it wasn't so bad. :D

Good luck on Tuesday!
Upper arch: May 22nd 2008
Lower arch: October 28, 2008

Unhappy teeth

#27 Post by Unhappy teeth »

I made it through my first adjustment! :D

About 50 mins in the chair was hard to take but it can only get easier from her on in, plus I reckon my dentist phobia should be cured by the time I get these braces off!

Had my ligs changed on the bottom (kept same archwire) but have got wire ties on my lower left canine and first bicuspid.

Had my upper ligs and archwire removed so my upper left 1st bicuspid could be extracted (most time consuming part as the local anaesthetic took ages and multiple injections to take effect :cry: ) Then had the same archwire put back on with the new additions of a spring between my left central incisor and canine and a section of powerchain between my left canine and molars. I am definitely going to be feeling the new set-up tomorrow.

Overall, it wasn't tooooo bad but my orthodontist is definitely gonna have her work cut out trying to get me to relax in the chair!

P.S. Thanks Luella and Kaleeky for your words of reassurance
Last edited by Unhappy teeth on Tue May 27, 2008 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

callmeswtmisery

#28 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Unhappy teeth,

I'm so happy that everything went well with your first adjustment! Are you still in any pain from the extraction?

Where are the pic's at?

LongInTheT

#29 Post by LongInTheT »

Hi, unhappy teeth. Really glad your first adjustment went well. Anticipation is often the worst bit, isn't it... Hope any pain from the extraction has died down. :)
Have been thinking about you as my first adjustment was also yesterday. Also very interested in reading your account of meeting your pupils in braces for the first time, especially as I'm also a teacher - you seemed to deal with it all so well. :)

kaleeky

#30 Post by kaleeky »

Unhappy teeth! Congratulations on making it through your first adjustment!!! :-)o

I hope your healing process from the extraction and the adjustment goes smoothly for you.

I'm one who also needs multiple injections for general anesthesia. My general dentist became aware of this several months ago when she started working on changing out my silver fillings to tooth-colored ones when my arms went flying straight up because I started "really" feeling it TWICE!!! She knows what to do now, and by the time she gets done numbing me up, I can't feel my ear.

Glad today didn't go tooooo bad!!!

Take care, Grace
Upper arch: May 22nd 2008
Lower arch: October 28, 2008