Bored of this now and very impatient!!

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Iwantniceteeth

Bored of this now and very impatient!!

#1 Post by Iwantniceteeth »

Hi, is it me, or are any of you guys getting really impatient and just want this to be over now?!

I haven't had any problems, pain, or real inconvenience, but now I'm fed up with brushing, flossing and gargling 5 times a day! I'm on 17/24 u/l and on my 11 day rotation, I will be done (pending refinements) on 13th July. Although this seems quite near, it equally seems an age away and I'm desperate to be rid of these things. Actually, it's not the aligners themselves that I want over with, it's just that I can't wait to smile properly without worrying if you can see those pesky attachments and deciphering which is my best angle :lol:

I've always been impatient but I guess I just have to wait and then I'll have a beautiful smile :)

diehard

#2 Post by diehard »

u r 1 of the lucky 1`s most people have 2 years of treatment :)

avl

#3 Post by avl »

im with you...im on 16 of 21 for the top and the bottoms are done for now...at least till refinements i guess because they could use a tweeking to be spot on. anyway, ive come this far and i dont have it as bad as some..also, a friend i see once a week saw me last night and she said ' damn! your teeth are really getting straight! ' so its worth it.

Iwantniceteeth

#4 Post by Iwantniceteeth »

I know that 9 months of treatment is pretty easy going, but as I'm nearing the final hurdle, I'm beginning to get impatient. I too only this week have had compliments on my teeth, one saying wow you have the nicest smile and teeth I've ever seen (with the aligners in they look great - not so great without them!) and the other, although hardly a compliment was "are your teeth real?!" I was in a club under a UV light and all I could think ok was that episode of Friends, where Ross whitens his teeth lol!!

Also, I spoke too soon about no pain so far. This last aligner hurt like hell for 2 days. I felt like I was ripping off my attachments and couldn't bite for 2 days. The pain has gone completly now. Think everything's really starting to take shape now, but as my teeth are becoming straighter, the attachments are rubbing on the inside of my mouth, causing sore spots, which I've not experienced in the past 6 months :(

avl

#5 Post by avl »

yeah, ive been getting the sore spots too...no biggie but a pain in the ass for a few days.
the set i put in today are really pretty sore on the teeth i want moving so i see that as a plus, lol :D

macgeek

Hello all!

#6 Post by macgeek »

I just got my invisalign's I am a 50 (50!?) year old male
from Brooklyn NY! (so no one notices my lisp!)

I am on my FIRST set of uppers/lowers (15 u / 30 L)

The one thing I have noticed so far is that some days I don't notice them
and some days I feel like I have a Horse chomp plate in my mouth
and I end up chewing on them most of the day.

Maybe with time I will get more used to them!

Jonathan

macgeek

PS:

#7 Post by macgeek »

I have been using dental wax, on the rough areas, till my mouth / tounge get used to this thing in my mouth

Jonathan

Rio UK

#8 Post by Rio UK »

I know this is quite am old post but I'm starting to get very impatient too!! This board has really helped though, talking to other people going through this. I dont know anyone who has invisalign!
I know im very lucky only having 14 aligners but i cannot wait for the day when I dont have to rush my meals! and brush/floss/rinse 4 times a day!! and beable to snack whenever I want! :D
Invisalign upper teeth on July 16th 2008: 14 aligners.
Fixed brace bottom teeth 8th October 2008!

anastasia

#9 Post by anastasia »

I am impatient too!
Not so much because the aligners are annoying (although I do miss sipping coffee and tea all day long), but because I've been wanting straight teeth for so goddamn long and now that I have an end in sight all I can think about is how awesome that day and the rest of my life with a beautiful smile will be.

I'm only on aligner 2/25, and I am already counting the days till it's over - which, of course, only makes it seem longer! It feels good to have started a treatment, but now getting to the point where I have straight teeth seems to be all I can think about.

If I could, I'd just hibernate or fast forward my life a year. Then I'd be done with my master thesis too :lol:

aussie

#10 Post by aussie »

im only on 9 of 34 upper & 20 lower :(

im the same in the only thing that bothers me is i wish i had done this ages ago. however im glad i've done it now, so im happy to wait it out as i'll be reeping the rewards come aligner # 34! :o
started treatment 6 May 2008.
All up 34 Upper & 20 Lower.
Loving the invisalign, a great choice for correcting my teeth.