Melissa's Journey - New update & pic pg. 14

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

*melissa*

#31 Post by *melissa* »

Just some random braces related thoughts...

I'm scared, one more week unitl I get spacers :evil:

Some of my teeth have been really achey lately :?

I really miss popcorn :cry:

Flossing is such a pain in the butt!!! :twisted:

I wish I could afford a waterpik

2 more weeks until my first adjustment... I am looking forward to it, is that weird? :lol:

jenny101101

#32 Post by jenny101101 »

Yay for gaps!! :banana:

Here are some thoughts for your thoughts:

Don't be scared, it'll be worth it in the end :D

Achey means movement=good! 8)

I miss popcorn too :cry:

Flossing= :twisted: Clean= :D

I got my waterpik at Walmart for $47.00(there was a cheaper one for $42.00) and that's Canadian...just a thought :roll:

My next adj. is almost 2 months and the wait is gonna kill me! :shock: hehe

Hope this helps...have a great day, Melissa!! :BigGrin:
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

SGPWired

#33 Post by SGPWired »

Hooray! Your teeth are obeying. :banana: It is exciting to see the results of that ‘magic’ wire. I too look forward to my appointments. I have never cared to X out the days on a calendar, but I now do since being braced – X’ing another day of progress.

Good luck with your spacer installation.

beautifuldisaster0

#34 Post by beautifuldisaster0 »

Wow, your ceramic braces look amazing. I had to do a double take to notice they were there.

*melissa*

#35 Post by *melissa* »

I got spacers about 20 mins ago, and so far...no pain yet!
I always hear stories how the assistant has trouble getting them in, but it took her less than 5 mins...she just flossed 'em right in!
And I asked her to change my ligs while she was at it. At first she said no...cuz I have an appt. next week for my 1st adjustment anyways. But then she noticed I have metal on bottom and ceramic on top and would only need the top changed, so she agreed. Woohoo. I didn't know my periwinkles turned aquamarine! Haha. I didn't even notice. I Just knew they weren't 'periwinkle' anymore...(I've been a bad girl and had coffee the past 2 days and that sure stained 'em up quick!)

Oh yeah, it was funny, a bracket flew off when she was changing my ligs! I couldn't believe it. She said it was loose and came right off...

I wonder how much longer 'til I am in pain from these spacers????
Last edited by *melissa* on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

pearls

#36 Post by pearls »

wait until tomorrow morning. then the pain may come :wink:

my pain only kicked in in the early hours of the next day. the pain even woke me up. but i just popped a paracetemol, and straight back to sleep. honestly the week will be over before you know it :D

hope you won't be in too much pain!!

pearls.
Spacers in: 9/4/2008
Braces on:16/4/2008
Sentanced for: 18 months
Metal upper and lowers

AmybettyB

#37 Post by AmybettyB »

Hey your teeth are looking good, congrats on the gap =o)

Hope the spacers aren't causing you too much trouble, I found them the most painful part, but I found making myself chew helped ease it...
[/url]

Bekah

#38 Post by Bekah »

Celebrating the gap!!! :-)o :banana:
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

SGPWired

#39 Post by SGPWired »

Wow… a bonus appointment – spacers, new ligs, and a new bracket!!! :banana: Did you choose a new color? I hope you are not a red-wine drinker. :wink:

*melissa*

#40 Post by *melissa* »

Hi everyone!!

Well, here's some pics I took today, 46 days into treatment.

Image ImageImage
So, as I said earlier, at my appt today a bracket flew off my right front tooth when the assistant was messing with my teeth. And I am still missing that bracket. Even though it was the assistant's fault the bracket came off, (she pulled it really hard :x ) they can't put a new one on until April 29th. Arg. All that's left on my poor tooth is a square of dried glue where my sweet, precious little bracket once was.
I think you can see in the middle pic (sorry it came out so blurry btw), since there's no bracket holding my right front tooth in place anymore, it has gone back a bit and is no longer in line with my other front tooth :( I am soo sad about this. I noticed it right away and called and begged them to put another bracket on. But they wouldnt :( I am afraid it's going to take another month or so to get it back to where it was.

On a positive note, I am soo happy my lowers are lining up! :D I've always hated my lowers the most. I remember going to the ortho when I was 15 and the orthodontist showed my mom and I my x-rays and she said "Aww, you have crooked teeth like a puppy!" Yeah...thanks mom.

Like my evil purple spacers? They started hurting at work today...

pearls

#41 Post by pearls »

spacers may be evil, but yours are PURPLE!! how cool is that!? i hope your not in too much pain. congrats about your bottom teeth lining up! they look great. It's a shame that they didn't replace your missing bracket. I bet is feels a bit funny without it too!

pearls
Spacers in: 9/4/2008
Braces on:16/4/2008
Sentanced for: 18 months
Metal upper and lowers

*melissa*

#42 Post by *melissa* »

Hey everyone! Well, I am over 7 weeks into braces now and today I had my very first adjustment!!! :D
I am very pleased with my progress/treatment so far. My teeth look so different from when I first started even though it hasn't really been that long at all! I can't wait to post new pictures (later today!)
So at my appointment today, this is what happened:
- Got a new bracket on my front tooth (remember, it came off last week at my spacers appointment when they were changing my ligs.)
- They also removed the 'button' from my incisor that is coming forward and put a bracket on it. :D I am happy to report the orthodontist said it's coming forward quite well...it's almost there! When she was telling the assistant what to do, she said something about getting that incisor to "jump."
- I got new, stronger wire...a 14 I think she said?
- They took out my spacers and put bands on my back molars.
- Molar build ups are still there :?
- Got new ligs, yay...my teeth always look so good when I get brand new ligs!
- I got to ask all the questions I have been dying to know/ask but always forget about...(I wrote 'em down while I was in the waiting room)
- One of those questions was what my treatment time would be (I was confused about that part) It might be less than 2 years she said!! (Originally she said it could take 3 years max!!)
- I got a copy of my treatment plan/diagnosis (everyone here seems to know all that info and I didnt know mine...but now I know)
- It sure hurt when she was putting the wire on the bottom...I even took 800 mg of Motrin before.

Well, check back later...I will be adding new pics! :mrgreen:

cbradac

#43 Post by cbradac »

Hey Mel! great progress so far! that tooth will fill the gap sooner than you know it! i know from experience :P hehehe.

You're teeth are looking great!
Braces on: 18th December 2006 :)

*melissa*

#44 Post by *melissa* »

I took a few pics today...can you notice any changes?

This was on March 30, 2008 - 24 days after brace day.

...and today...May 4, 2008

I think today is my 2 month anniversary...my ticker says 1 month, 4 weeks, so thats 2 months...right?!? hehe..

*melissa*

#45 Post by *melissa* »

Thanx for the compliment, Chris! Cant wait for mine to be as straight as yours hehe :D