missfashionista's braces story-NEW Comparison pics pg 4

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SGPWired

#46 Post by SGPWired »

posting error
Last edited by SGPWired on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

SGPWired

#47 Post by SGPWired »

posting error
Last edited by SGPWired on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

SGPWired

#48 Post by SGPWired »

posting error - thrice.... :-=
Last edited by SGPWired on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

SGPWired

#49 Post by SGPWired »

Hi missfashionista –

Thanks for visiting my journal. I’ve resisted Quiznos for now. :cry:

I also invested in a waterpik. I really like it – a nice clean feeling. The only attachments I use are the ortho and straight pick. I tried the tongue cleaner once, but I think the manual ones work better. I still floss too, which is when the fun really starts. I have a bear of a time threading floss around my back molar wires. Once after several frustrating minutes, I finally threaded the floss on a back molar wire when I received an important family phone call. :-+ Geeeshh… I answered the call with floss hanging out my mouth, and I had to keep repeating my self ‘cause the caller had trouble understanding me – ya think! :roll:

Good luck at your next appointment!!

*melissa*

#50 Post by *melissa* »

missfashionista wrote:^^^
Hi Braced32! At least you get to see your gap close! I don't even see ANY difference in my teeth. I am definitely still in my training wires. :( My teeth have no where to move until I get done with that extraction!

So anyway, I invested in a waterpik today!! Yipee!! I am going to waterpik my teeth to death tonight. I hope I like it! How do you guys use your waterpik? Do you add mouthwash to it? Or straight-up water? Do you use all the other attachments or just the jet? I am curious...looks like there are a lot of doo-dads to play with...heehee.
hi missfashionista, just wanted to say, you have great teeth.. theyre all the same shape (unlike mine heh) and theyre really white and healthy and such! so thats something to smile about! :HugeGrin:

hows the waterpik? i hope to buy one soon...but wanted to find out if it would be worth it. what does it do? shoot water out at a high speed? lol, ive never really understand how that thing works... do you still have to floss and everything or just use that along w/brushing? :?:

michelle005

#51 Post by michelle005 »

Hi missfashionista!

Gotta say I LOOOOVE the dark pink ligs! If my ortho has them I'm for sure getting them at my next appt. It looks like we've got just about the same setup going with our ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Your teeth are awesome even as they are now! Your smile is gonna be amazing once you're done! :D

I've been wanting to get me a Waterpik as well...how do you like yours so far?

Katt

#52 Post by Katt »

I am in love with my Waterpik. I'm sure by now you are too. I alternate between mouth wash and water depending on my rush. I hope you're still well and loving the full brace face.

missfashionista

#53 Post by missfashionista »

Hi SGPWired, *melissa*, bracedagain, michelle005 and Katt!!! Thanks for visiting my thread (again, for some). I am not sure what is going on...but the forum is not notifying me of new posts!! So sorry for my late reply...

Yes, the waterpik is doing it's job...I do like the squeaky clean feeling I am left with after I use it. I have been very lazy actually, haven't really been flossing anymore...I hope I am not going to regret it later! I use those little go-between brushes to clean between my teeth and then use the waterpik after. Of course this is after a good, long brush!

Thanks for the compliments on my teeth, *melissa*, michelle005 and bracedagain! I guess that's the only saving grace, that my teeth are consistent in shape and size...although WAY too big for my small mouth!

Sooo...my ortho. changed my wires today...so hopefully we will see more changes in the coming weeks. But for now, can you tell if my teeth even moved a bit?!?!!?

This was taken on 2/28/08:

This was taken on 3/20/08:

This was taken today 4/10/08:

spacey

#54 Post by spacey »

Add me to the list of complimenters. Great looking teeth!!! :D
.•*¨¨*·-:¦:-·*SPACEY'S *·-:¦:-·*¨¨*•. updated braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=25311

Miss Smiley

#55 Post by Miss Smiley »

Your upper wire has really straightened out!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

missfashionista

#56 Post by missfashionista »

Miss Smiley: I don't really know for sure if my upper wire has straightened out or not coz this is a new archwire that got put in yesterday morning...feels really tight and snug this one. It's making my teeth ache! I think I should take a picture of when I get a new archwire and the last day I am with that same archwire...I'll make a note of that for the future! The only thing is that my clear ligs on my uppers get really stained...and I am :oops:

spacey: thanks for your compliments!

jenny101101

#57 Post by jenny101101 »

I agree with Miss Smiley. That archwire is definitely sitting straighter, even if it is a new one :D . Your two front teeth look like they're sitting more even!

Great pics!
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

*melissa*

#58 Post by *melissa* »

Wow missfashionista! Both your wires are perfectly straightened out!! Your tops are great, and once your bottoms straighten out, you will have a wonderful smile. Hooray!! :D

Beckster

#59 Post by Beckster »

Looking great girl! Like others have said, your upper wire looks amazingly straighter! Keep up the good work!
"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."-Albert Camus

missfashionista

#60 Post by missfashionista »

jenny101101, *melissa* and Beckster, I am soooo glad you guys are seeing some changes! Coz I look at my mouth every single day and I even ask my DH the same question every day, I am not able to track the tiny changes happening to my teeth.

At least now I feel like there is some progression in my treatment. I was beginning to get a little disappointed. I believe my lowers are still in training wires. My ortho. hasn't changed the archwire on my bottoms since we started. I know once I have my extraction, I will be able to see more changes! The waiting is stressing me out but at the same time, I can't wait for extraction day!

Thanks for the reassurance!