Jenny101101's Story**8 month UPDATE~ pics-Pg.16**

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kara

#76 Post by Kara »

Hi Jenny!

There is definitely a difference in your photos! That arch wire has rounded out quite a bit!!! That's great! :D

They're little changes but it's movement either way. :D
Yea!!! :HugeGrin: :jump: :dance:

Kara

jenny101101

#77 Post by jenny101101 »

WOW! Thanks everyone for all the replys and the nice comments!! :-#)

Braced32: Yes, you have been MIA...oh well, you're back now, that's all that matters :D . I'll just mention my concerns on Tuesday. The only thing with a bite plate is it would have to be made(molds taken and such)so my ortho wouldn't be able to give it to me on the day I go for my lowers and I don't want anything to prevent me from getting them :( .

Thanks, Mike :D !

Wired: Thank you:) Do you take comparison pics? You'd be surprised what you can see when you compare a picture but even if you don't have any movement yet, you will soon! I will post pics as soon as I get the lowers on.

Rebelda: Thanks for stopping by! I checked out your journal briefly but haven't had a chance to read it yet as it's quite long! lol I'm not really sure what you mean by the wire sliding over but it's only poking me on the left side. I've just decided to wax and wait for Tuesday +\+ .

missfashionista: Don't worry! You will see changes soon enough...I'm sure of it! :thumbsup: Did you waterpik your teeth to death last night? hehe My lower gum was so inflamed the day before I got mine and, after using my waterpik, it instantly felt better. I must have had something caught in there that my floss just wasn't getting...it's been a lifesaver!

Kara: Thanks! Yes, little changes but I'm happy. It's funny, I never really paid attention to the archwire in the pics, I just focused on each individual tooth but now that you(all) say that, I REALLY notice it! :banana:

Well, the biggest difference I noticed (besides the archwire, after you all noticed it...btw, THANK YOU! :D ) was that, on the left side of the pic, my lateral incisor is sitting more flush with my central incisor. The thing I've always hated the most was the fact that both my laterals overlapped my centrals so for that to be a noticable difference, is really exciting. My best friend even said that last night when I first started pointing it out. I didn't even finish telling her and she finished my sentence! lol
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

SGPWired

#78 Post by SGPWired »

Hi Jenny –

Just thought I would wish you Good Luck :thumbsup: on going Full Metal at your next appointment. I know you are anxious and will post pics! Here is to a smooth, painless bracing and 1st adjustment. :-88 In addition, may you have good fortune with your turbos and quickly adapt to the newness.

Braced32

#79 Post by Braced32 »

Glad to hear you're making progress that you can see!

I don't think I can say the same......

But then most of my work needs to be done on my upper arch so I'm sure I'll be seeing lots of changes once I get them braced!

02/04/08 Extractions (4 deciduous second molars & 1 wisdom tooth)

browneyedgrl

#80 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Jenny,

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!!!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

jenny101101

#81 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi all! :-1

Wired: Thanks for the good luck wishes :D . Keep reading to find out how it went(and pics, of course!).

Braced32: Thank you :wink: ! Oh yeah, I'm sure you'll see lots of changes once your uppers are braced but even though you can't see big changes on the bottom, somethings happening...give it time.

B: Thank you also :D ! And now on to my appt.......

So, today was my day to get my bottom braces on...yipee!! I had my appt. at 7:30 this morning so I was up by 6 am :shock: . I didn't sleep very well, had weird dreams and my alarm clock was set wrong (:oops:) but I still had time to eat, have a little coffee, brush, check some emails, get kids up for school, pack lunches and brush...again! I just could not get my teeth to feel clean...ugh!

Anyway, I got there on time and went in about 10 minutes later(2 young kids in the waiting room this time but it didn't bother me :P ). The assistant set right to work putting my lower brackets on. This time she put rolls of cotton along the back sides to absorb the moisture and, oh joy, I got to taste that icky stuff they use :yuck: ! It seemed to take her longer then the other assistant that put my uppers on but she was very maticulous with the placement with measuring and such so I'm happy about that. After the brackets were on, I got up and rinsed. Then she said she was going to change my top wire from a 0.13 to a 0.14 and proceed to open the "doors" on my brackets...OUCH!!! :yikes: I was wincing and say ouch so she asked my ortho if she should just leave the "baby" wire in(not her words) and ortho said if I was still sore, it's obviously doing its job still, so leave it in. I was disappointed but relieved at the same time. She clipped the little pokey part at the back, too...ahhh, relief!! :dance:

Then she started to clip my bottom wire in and the aching started, but not too bad. It felt good once she had all the doors closed and everything was snug as a bug in a rug! hehe

Then, on to the dreaded turbos but to my surprise, she said I would only need on molar buildup on the right side...YAY!!! I told her my sister had turbos and she hated them so I was dreading them. She said "Wow, you seem to know a lot about braces" so I told her about Archwire and all the support I've been getting...she was impressed :wink: . Have I told you(all) lately how much I appreciate you? Well, I do! :-**

Then, after everything was in place and all my wires snipped at the back, Dr.P came over and I asked him a few questions about IPR(?) at a later stage and my concern over my LARGE front tooth. He told me they would all be addressed at some point in my treatment and he was impressed at the things I was noticing. He said they were valid concerns and not to hestitate if I had anymore concerns...I love my ortho! :heart: Then we talked for a few minutes about my husband since he's done some work for Dr.P on his house. It's nice to have that bond.

Ok, I think I've rambled on enough for now...on to the pics!!

Biting down:

Mouth open a bit:

Bottom arch(little white blob near the back is my molar buildup~feels funny):

Oh, yeah and my wires(both top and bottom) aren't attached to the last molars yet...probably next appt. if necessary. I'm secretly hoping they may not have to come into play so I don't have to feel the wire back there as it starts to poke but we'll see.

Hope you've all enjoyed my "mini book"! :biglaf: Chat soon.... :computer:
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

Bekah

#82 Post by Bekah »

Wow! They look good! It makes me happy to see another full metal mouth! They look really good!!! I wish that I had only gotten one arch done at a time! I think it would have at least let me get used to everything!

Your bottoms are similar to mine! So I will definitely keep up on your progress!!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

browneyedgrl

#83 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hey Jenny,

Looking good! How are you feeling?

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

laineyloo

#84 Post by laineyloo »

Great pics Jenny :D
Full steam ahead! The full metal mouth looks good :tingrin:

I hope it's not too sore for you over the next few days.... Keep us updated with how you're finding them.

Braced32

#85 Post by Braced32 »

Finally fully braced! My day will be coming...... :lol:

Those rolls of cotton they stuck in your mouth - they also did that to me. They looked like tampons! :shock:

That's a teeny, tiny molar build-up! At least it's not bright blue like some and probably won't stand out as much!

How are you feeling?

You're much quicker than I am at getting pics posted! :lol:

Betho

#86 Post by Betho »

Hey Jenny!

Your teeth look great! You're right, it's nice to see someone else with Damon's. They aren't too common just yet. You've taken such good care of your teeth too. I can't believe you didn't suffer much pain when you first got them on, man mine were a nightmare!

I'm looking forward to following your journey as well! :P

jenny101101

#87 Post by jenny101101 »

Hello everyone!

Thank you for all the wonderful posts!! :D I'm doing pretty good today. I had to wax all the front lower brackets most of the day yesterday as they were rubbing on the inside of my lips and causing pain. I've decided to take it off for a bit this morning to let my lip "toughen up" but will probably be putting it back on later so I don't get any sores(starting to get one already! :shock: ). I've been doing warm salt water rinses to try and heed them off...hope it works.

I was so impressed when I woke up this morning and realised I'd slept through the whole night and didn't wake up with my teeth clenched!!!! I was worried I'd "clench" my molar buildup right off but it's still intact...yipee! My sister who had turbos with her braces was jealous to find out I didnt' have to get turbos. I sent her a pic of my buildup and she said she thought it would be much better then turbos...hehe!

Bekah: Thank you! Yes, getting one arch at a time IS probably easier. After I'd had my tops for a week, I had wished I had the "whole package" but now that I do, I'm glad I had time to adjust. I can't imagine having pain top and bottom!

B: Thanks! Feeling pretty good. I'm looking forward to getting this week over with b/c I know the aching will be more tolerable next week 8) .

laineyloo: Yep, full steam ahead! Hey, that's the only way to do it...haha!! :D

Braced32: Yes, they DO look like tampons!! HAHA!! :biglaf: Oh my, so funny you said my buildup isn't bright blue. I had blueberry pie for desert last night and now IT IS BLUE! :wink: Oh well, if I can't have coloured ligs, I'll just stain my buildup to add some colour. :crazy:

Ken: Hey, Ken...thanks! I found your story and left you a post. I look forward to following your journey now, too! :D

Betho: Hello my Damon friend! Thanks for the nice teeth comment(personally, I hate my teeth...they're stained from coffee and such but I look forward to whitening them when the braces come off!!) Ugh, sorry to hear your's were a nightmare :? . I think the shock of all the metal along with the pain is a big adjustment but with the help of everyone here, it's been tremendously easier! :thumbsup:

Well, my youngest just got up so I must go tend to him. My next appt. is June 5th but I will be posting monthly pics of my progress(top and bottom separately since they're 6 weeks apart).
Jenny

Braced32

#88 Post by Braced32 »

Yes, everyone needs at least a little bit of color! If you can't have colored ligs it might as well be a colored molar build-up! :lol:

My bottom brackets didn't bother me at all except for one molar hook. It was the bare wire across the extractions that did me in! :yikes:

I'm hoping my top brackets won't be a bother! But I'm sure the wire across my upper extractions will probably bother me! :(

Unhappy teeth

#89 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Just read your story and noticed that you had your bottom braces fitted same day that I had both sets done. I also have molar build-ups which are taking getting used to, can only bite properly on one side of my mouth!

Your pics look really good, I hope mine start moving noticeably within 2 weeks! Good luck with them :D

SGPWired

#90 Post by SGPWired »

Nice molar buildup!! I am glad to hear all went well. You are officially a full-fledged member of the club. Yea!! :jump: