Sonicare Advance VS Sonicare Elite

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

yankee boy

Sonicare Advance VS Sonicare Elite

#1 Post by yankee boy »

Ok so Im thinking about buying a sonicare toothbrush ever since Ive been reading all of your comments and visiting the sonicare website.

I was just wondering what is the main difference between Sonicare ADV and sonicare Elite? besides the money :shock: . Do they offer the same results?? I have the money, but im wondering if i should spend the extra few bucks for a sonicare elite? :?: [/b]

TimSeattle

#2 Post by TimSeattle »

I've used the Sonicare Advance for years and think it works fine. My wife and I switched to an Elite a few months ago when our Advance gave out. I think it's a little better due to the smaller brush to get to as many areas of the teeth as possible. And it seems that it vibrates faster (this may be my imagination). Either one seems okay. Your choice.
"Every tooth in a man's mouth is more valuable than a diamond" Don Quixote

Braces On: 5/2004
Braces Off: 3/2007

aussierob

#3 Post by aussierob »

Yankee boy, I must congratulate you on your "avatar" graphic - LOVE IT

yankee boy

#4 Post by yankee boy »

Thnx I like it too :wink:

saint

#5 Post by saint »

I used the "Advanced" for many years and replaced it this past January with an "Elite". I'm very happy with the "Elite" and I feel that it was well worth the cost. :D

bbsadmin

#6 Post by bbsadmin »

I have used both.

I like the Elite better because the stem from the brush head down to the base unit is smaller and easier to maneuver in your mouth. It is a bit lighter than the Advance, as well. But either one will do a fine job.

There has also been a lot of talk on the board about a newish product by Oral-B called Sonic Complete. Apparently an independent consumer study found that it was better at reducing all the bad stuff than the Sonicare. I haven't seen the study so I can't comment. But it sounds like that toothbrush is worth looking into before you make your final decision.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

ThatsMrsGeek2U

#7 Post by ThatsMrsGeek2U »

I bought a Sonicare Elite when I got my braces and I love it, but if this had been on the market then I may have gotten it - or at least looked into it. It looks really cool! Like a Sonicare with a built in toothpaste squirter!

http://www.intellicleansystem.com/1.html

mangobaby

#8 Post by mangobaby »

Anyone know if the Elite style is easier to clean than Advance (i.e. wiping off the internal accumulated gunk?). I hated cleaning my Advance unit every 3 days. How about ease of cleaning out the Oral B Sonic Complete brush? Thanks