whos got the most extractions?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chillin-in-grilz

whos got the most extractions?

#1 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

I got 8:)

can anyone top that? lol
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

martinboyce

#2 Post by martinboyce »

Christ, which 8, i need to see a picture, are they all out as part of ortho treatment?

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

I've got 8 teeth missing, all my first premolars and all my wisdom teeth, but they were all taken out when I was a teenager.

Morena_Prncss

#4 Post by Morena_Prncss »

I had nine. Four premolars and five wisdom teeth.
Metal top & TPA-4/6/05 Btm Lingual Arch-4/05
Upper ex-8/05 Lower ex-9/05
Metal btm-10/14/05
Lingual arch off-2/06

Spanner

#5 Post by Spanner »

All premolars (taken out as a teenager) 2 wisdom teeth and one molar (can't remember it's name) taken out due to re-curring abcess.

Britlaw

#6 Post by Britlaw »

I only have 12 teeth in each jaw, 4 extractions as part of this orthodontic work (aged 47) and the rest - impacted canines on the top and impacted wisdoms on the bottom removed as a teen. If only I (and/or my Mum) had been more aware as a teen of what could be done! Ortho said if I was younger (i.e. still growing, I could have avoided 2 of the extractions now but my jaws are still tiny. Its strange as for a female I am huge!! I am 6 feet 2 tall and my leg bones go way up to here.....so why are my jaws so tiny LOL.

adultbraces

#7 Post by adultbraces »

8 total.
4 impacted wisdom teeth
4 premolars

now i can scare when I see those people with full teeth including erupted wisdom teeth b/c their mouth looks like a shark when they laugh with mouth wide open..

Braced32

#8 Post by Braced32 »

I've had a total of 8 extracted.

As a teenager I had 3 extracted to prepare for braces (then chickened out and did not get braces). :(

20 years later, I recently had 5 extracted - one wisdom & 4 second premolars - to prepare for braces (this time I'm NOT chickening out). :D

I am also missing 7 permanent teeth:
- Permanent upper lateral incisors
- Permanent upper second bicuspids
- Permanent lower second bicuspids
- Permanent lower right second molar

Along with 3 wisdom teeth (third molars) - but who cares about these - they usually get extracted anyways! :lol:

SideKick3QT

Extractions

#9 Post by SideKick3QT »

I am supposed to have 8 out. I am getting my 4 impacted Wisdom teeth taken out March 6th....sooo scared!

skintz

#10 Post by skintz »

I feel ike such a loooooser! I had six out (4 impacted wisdoms and 2 lower 1st pre-molars), i thought that was bad enough!!

Hey, SideKick3QT-you're having yours out on my birthday :-)o Good day for me, not so good day for you! (Don't worry though, you will be fine-i had mine out 3 days before my 21st birthday, but it wasn't too bad)
Good luck for then :)

Sarah

ibraceface

#11 Post by ibraceface »

9!! 4 premolars, 4 wisdom teeth, and an "extra" tooth i had

breal87

#12 Post by breal87 »

I only had 4 :) which were all impacted wisdom teeth. I also had dry socket after the surgery

I take that back i actually had 5 which were my four wisdom teeth and when i was younger i had a baby tooth grow in between my 2 front teeth which was extracted. I almost forgot! :roll:
Last edited by breal87 on Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Test

choccyface

#13 Post by choccyface »

I had 6 out for my brace but already had one out a long time ago - that doesn't include any wisdom teeth, I now have 12 teeth on each jaw (not including wisdom as they are only partly erupted)

Sarah x

cybersiren

#14 Post by cybersiren »

I had 2 baby teeth pulled as part of my first round of braces. They all got replaced by permanent ones eventually. Later, before my second round of braces I had my 4 wisdoms out so I guess you could say I'm pretty normal.

Gennel

#15 Post by Gennel »

I've had 9 extractions and need 2 more! So it will be a total of11 extractions

I had 4 premolars +2 wisdom teeth,1bottom front incisor,2 of my second molars also pulled.

For my ortho treatment I actually needed 4 premolars .
The bottom incisor had to be taken out because of boneloss would not support the braces and I would lose it eventually . I am holding out on getting the top wisdom teeth taken out and my ortho said it was not urgent that I needed them out.

Gennel