New to invisalign--when did you get to see your Clincheck?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Over50

New to invisalign--when did you get to see your Clincheck?

#1 Post by Over50 »

I am expecting to have the aligners in mid to late January. I had the molds completed December 3. I was wondering when most of you were able to view your Clincheck. And some of you have the Clincheck available for others to view--how did you do that?

jeni

#2 Post by jeni »

It only seems to take a few days to actually produce the aligners and then ship them. The ClinCheck will not be finished until right before production. The part that takes the longest is the practioner and Invisalign going back and forth with the treatment plan.

It seems that there are some orthos out there that will volunteer the information and show you the ClinCheck before the final approval of the treatment plan. Others may show you afterward. Still others do not know that they can show us the ClinCheck or have not learned how to create the file(s) to send to us but are willing to learn. Others do not because they are too busy, thinks it is a tool just for them and therefore none of our business, or whatever. Mine fell into the doesn't know but is willing to learn category and called Invisalign to learn how to create the files to email to me after I had the aligners. If you want it you may have to be aggressive and not accept their response that they can't do it.

Lilypad

#3 Post by Lilypad »

I only knew about the clincheck from this site. I HAD to ask to see it and that was only after I started treatment. And to think, he has a website where it is actually available! He told me it was there and I searched and searched.....well, they had my account under two different names. Finally got it straightened out and I was able to save it to my pc. It's nice to watch when you get frustrated!!!! LOL :wink:

avl

#4 Post by avl »

i bugged my doc by email till they sent it to me...which by the way was done by the actual invisalign rep...my doc's people couldnt get it done for some reason so they got him to send it...very cool.

SharonD

#5 Post by SharonD »

It took 3 weeks from the time the molds were taken to see my ClinCheck. My orthodontist wanted me to see it and approve that I liked the results before having the aligners made. I had my Flip video with me and she allowed me to film the computer screen of the ClinCheck.

SharonD

#6 Post by SharonD »

It took 3 weeks from the time the molds were taken to see my ClinCheck. My orthodontist wanted me to see it and approve that I liked the results before having the aligners made. I had my Flip video with me and she allowed me to film the computer screen of the ClinCheck.

sandra

#7 Post by sandra »

I never did.

Over50

#8 Post by Over50 »

The Ortho office told me today that the initial clincheck was reviewed by my doc, and that he sent in his adjustments and is waiting on the revised clincheck from Invisalign. She also said that he would email me the Clincheck that is finalized, so I am happy to hear that. With the holidays, I think it has been a bit slower, but I hope to see it by next week! I am getting excited and nervous at the same time. I hope this is a positive experience.

invisible

Clinchecked

#9 Post by invisible »

jeni wrote:If you want it you may have to be aggressive and not accept their response that they can't do it.
Excellent advice jeni.

Plain old assertiveness just doesn't work when they just don't want to do it..... any excuse....... lol

What you will get is .avi video files of the clincheck.
As far as I can work out they choose an angle, choose single/double arch then the process from beginning to end is converted to an .avi video file, so you could specify angles.

You should get the main ones like both arches front view, both arches side view, single arches overhead view. You could specify a specific angle if you wanted, the Clincheck that the dentist has access to can be viewed from any angle.

You will also see where the tooth attachements are to be placed.

The files are originally 2secs long... v.quick so they need to be slowed down to say a sec for every aligner or so.

The files are small enough to be e-mailed, each one is under 1MB.

Without a doubt everyone on Invisalign should get and if necessary demand a copy of their Clincheck prior to final approval of treatment plan.

Devushka

#10 Post by Devushka »

I had my molds appointment on the 7th of January and then they phoned on the 14th that my clincheck was in and to come down and check it out so on the 17th I went in and then gave them the go ahead the next day(they wanted me to run it by my parents, again, because they are the ones paying) and then my aligners were in on the 23rd!

I am amazed at the speed of this process. After hearing on here of people waiting for so long I told myself not to get my hopes up and was expecting them in around the first week of Feb at the very earliest.

It baffles me that some offices don't show their patients the clincheck. To me it seems like an important step in the whole invisalign process. True it doesn't affect the process of the treatment and it can be done without seeing the clincheck but it is so important for the patient to know just exactly what they are getting themselves into and to speak up if they don't like the direction chosen for them on the clincheck. Not only that but I can imagine it is good at keeping one's spirits up to see that when you come in for appointments.

Over50

#11 Post by Over50 »

I received the avi files from my Clincheck through email from my ortho. He also had me stop by the office to view the entire Clincheck with him before finalizing the aligners. He encouraged questions and was very happy to answer. He commented that other patients who have traditional braces can get something similar to a Clincheck, but it costs extra since it is not part of the entire process like it is for Invisalign. There is an additional charge for that service (when using other brace systems) so he said most patients will not chose to do it, but it can be done. I wonder how many orthodontists even offer that to their patients?

fiach

#12 Post by fiach »

Could somebody please tell me what Clincheck is exactly?

My ortho showed me the digital 'stages' tracing how my teeth will hopefully look when I'm finished my treatment. Is this it?

He never offered or mentioned making it available to me - think I should go equipped with a CD blank next time and ask him to copy it onto file for me?

Devushka

#13 Post by Devushka »

Yes, that digital video of how your teeth move is a clincheck.

invisible

#14 Post by invisible »

fiach wrote:He never offered or mentioned making it available to me - think I should go equipped with a CD blank next time and ask him to copy it onto file for me?
Don't wait for him to offer it, request it, they might say it can't be done, if so mention the info from this thread.

Let us know how you get on.

John37

#15 Post by John37 »

About 5-6 weeks after my molds were taken, the dentist called and said I could come in to look at the Clincheck. He likes to make revisions in the Clincheck rather than just going with the first thing Invisalign sends back. We were also debating whether I needed my wisdom teeth removed and if I needed IPR (where they shave some of the teeth to make room). So he had to take extra time with that.

The first time I looked it didn't make sense. He said I didn't need my wisdom teeth out and we didn't need IPR. After looking at several views I noticed that the initial alignment of my top and bottom teeth was off in the computer. There was a 3mm gap from my bottom front teeth to the top front teeth. I showed him my normal bite had these teeth touching. (My normal bite had my molars out of alignment, but the computer had the molars aligned but the front teeth off.) So both he and I were disappointed that he would need to redo everything but happy to have caught this, as it would have led to major problems if I had gone with that treatment plan.

About 2 weeks after that he had the revised Clincheck ready. He showed me two options, one where the wisdom teeth stayed in and I would need all of my front bottom teeth (like 8 teeth) shaved to make room. The other option was to have all 4 wisdom teeth extracted (only 1 was in straight anyway) and not have any IPR. It looked good, so I went with the later option and had the wisdom teeth extracted the next week. (I wanted the more natural look of not shaving/reshaping any teeth.) I got the aligners 3-4 weeks after that.

Looking back I think I should have asked for them to give me the Clincheck movies from all the different angles (on CD, flash drive or email) so I could look them over for a day or two before approving the plan. There may be questions or concerns that you don't think of on the spot when you are looking at the Clincheck. We were lucky to have caught the first mistake, so maybe having the movies for a day would prevent others from a similar mistake.