Sophie04 is 24 and ready for her braces...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sophie04

Sophie04 is 24 and ready for her braces...

#1 Post by sophie04 »

Well, two more days and I will soon be braced! These spacers have been a pain and I really miss eating "real" food. But, I am excited and I can't wait to get them on and begin my journey to having the beautiful smile that I've always wanted.

A week and a half ago I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed and 4 bicuspids extracted. What a pain in the you know what! I'm a kindergarten teacher so I constantly am talking and up and about singing and what not and I don't think it helped my mouth to recover any sooner. However, I can say that recovery hasn't been so bad AND salt water rinses have been awesome. Don't skip on the salt water rinses, they really do help heal. My face has bruised and it's caused me to be a bit self-concious but I know it'll go away in time. I bruise really easily.

I have found foods that I can "eat" that still fill me up but it's gotten really boring...I can't wait till I can savor sushi again...my fave!!

I will be back Monday to update on my first day of braces!! :D

ladybug0330

#2 Post by ladybug0330 »

Hi Sophie! I bet you're so excited about monday. I'll be getting braces right after you! (jan 30th) Let us know how it goes. Extractions are a pain, I just had 2 bicuspids and 4 wisdom teeth removed but it will all be worth it in the end. What type of braces are you getting? Keep us posted. :)

carolEEna

#3 Post by carolEEna »

Hi Sophie! I know what you mean about the spacers. I had mine put in on Tuesday. Hope your b-day goes well and you get to eat your sushi soon! Keep us posted! I also am interested in knowing what type of braces you're getting. :)
Wisdom teeth extracted: 11/09/07
Upper & lower arches braced, but only the 6 upper front teeth wired: 1/22/08
All 4 Bicuspids extracted: 1/26/08
Upper & lower fully wired: 2/6/08
Est. treatment time: 18 months
In-Ovation C brackets
De-braced: 2/11/10
Essix retainers both arches

EmbraceJCT

#4 Post by EmbraceJCT »

Hi Sophie!

I can't believe you had 8 teeth removed and then went back to work as a teacher - you're amazing! Braces will be a piece of cake after that. Good luck tomorrow!

sophie04

#5 Post by sophie04 »

Hi All,
Thank you for the encouraging messages and comments! :D They made me smile! As for the type of braces, I will be getting ceramics on the top and traditional metal ones on the bottom.

Also, after I had my 8 teeth extracted, I did have 5 days off. I went in on a Thursday morning, and went back to work on Tuesday because that Monday was MLK Day. I hate to miss so much work so I try to schedule things around holidays and such.

I will be getting the braces on tomorrow at 1:40 PM and going back to school the next morning to teach! Yikes...I wonder if I'll be able to talk! I just can't wait to get these spacers off and the braces on! We'll see how it goes though...keep me in your thoughts!

The next time I post I will be a "brace face!" :lol:

NinjaJenn

#6 Post by NinjaJenn »

Hi Sophie,

Hope all goes well getting the braces on today :) I got mine on last Tuesday and have had no problems with speech so hopefully neither do you. Either way, the extractions are the worst part and you got through that.

Keep us posted and let us know how it's going with the braces.

-Jenn

sophie04

Got my braces on!

#7 Post by sophie04 »

So getting the braces weren't so bad...I took some extra strength tylenol before I went in and I think it helped with the pain muchos! The worst part was almost tasting the nasty glue stuff, but luckily I didn't. Yucko!

I know my kinder kids are going to have a field day when they see my metal mouth! I didn't tell them that I was getting braces so it's going to be one interesting day tomorrow! :lol:

I've found that it is quite difficult to eat and will definitely take some getting used to. How long did it take ya'll before you were able to finally chew and eat "normally" again? Lots of food stuck in between the braces and such...ugh, I'm so not used to it. But, I'll be having these bad boys on for two years so I'll be getting plenty of practice! :)

Till next time! Hopefully pics will be posted up soon!

P.S. My o-rings are pink. My favorite color!

Miss Smiley

#8 Post by Miss Smiley »

Kinder kids are great with braces! They ask loads of questions "What are those on your teeth? Do they hurt? How long do you have to wear them? Can you take them off? I like your pink braces." Next day "How long do your have to wear your braces? Do they hurt? What do they do? Can you take them off? I like your pink braces." Repeat for the next few days.

Hahaha I have a niece in kindergarten and she loves to look and ask about my braces. I have a field day with her telling her I'm going to bite her and chasing her around.

I hope your teethies are feeling good, you should be able to chew foods today (maybe not hard, crunchy, or tough foods.) You may need to cut up some foods as your front teeth may be a bit more tender than your molars.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

NinjaJenn

#9 Post by NinjaJenn »

Kids definitely make the braces more fun :) I work with kids in grades 1 and 2 and they've all been like "wow! Cool! Can you change colors? Those look neat!"... I wish I had so much enthusiasm towards my braces :lol:

sophie04

Pictures and update!

#10 Post by sophie04 »

Sorry it's been so long...I've gotten so busy I just haven't had time to come on here and update. Well, I finally am eating regular food and I got to enjoy yummy sushi today! It was soooooooooo good!

I feel like the braces are a part of me now. I brush like twenty times a day because I hate the feeling of food stuck all in my teeth and such...yuck! My first adjustment is March 6th so we'll see how that goes...

My kinderkids are used to them now. When they saw me the first time, they couldn't take their eyes off of my teeth...it was so funny. Some like to call them bracelets, races, brackets, and others are just too amazed to call them anything! It's been a trip though!

Here are pictures of my teeth before braces...
ImageImage

Here is a picture of me with my braces on day 1 (January 28, 2008):

More to come later! Ciao, my fellow "brace faces"! :lol: