Kissing and braces(dating/romance)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

regulering17

Kissing and braces(dating/romance)

#1 Post by regulering17 »

Hi!
So this might have been asked before, but here goes:
Anyone have any experience with kissing and braces??
We've all heard of the myth that the braces get stuck together, I doubt it, but well how do you avoid hurting the other part when french kissing?? Like I'm afraid the brackets will be in the way..
All advice would be appreachiated.
Hehe....

-Mona
Braces on: March 6th 2007
Both upper and lower metals
Been in braces for: 1 year 15 days
Next adjustment: Feb. 28th- 08
my braces log: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... ht=#227971

BobKitten

#2 Post by BobKitten »

Bob Kitten's other half says...
As a couple we, of course, kiss occasionally... :wink:

From my point of view I always forget Bob Kitten has braces when we are kissing, they in no way feel uncomfortable or painful. Sometimes, I can feel the extra resistance...but it's actually very pleasant :wink:

So, please..go forth and kiss :) :)
from my point of view... i'm looking forward to getting the braces off now to see what it's like to kiss without them! :lol:

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

Mr Lisa65 and I have kissed satisfactorily while I've had my braces on and he said he didn't really notice anything untoward. You should be fine, just wax up any rough spots beforehand (for your own comfort) and go gently to begin with till you feel comfortable.

As to activities involving the application of the braced mouth to other areas, I must admit to holding off on that, and strangely enough Mr Lisa65 has not requested it :lol: As well as braces I have a Nance palatal appliance, 2 screw implants and numerous wire ties and springs, and I just thought it was a bit risky. Now I'm in headgear too, and there's no way! I'll just have to make it up to him when I finally get all this stuff off.

There's been a good few threads on this *unsurprisingly* popular subject. A search should turn them up but here's a few to get you started.

viewtopic.php?t=10204
viewtopic.php?t=20275
viewtopic.php?t=22040

gunter8888

#4 Post by gunter8888 »

I have to confess that I have "injured" the Mrs a time or two. Its been very rare, but on occasion I have been somewhat "aggressive" and pinched her lip between my braces and her teeth. Its not good for maintaining that romatic mood, but being the angel that she is she always forigves me. :D
Expander in 8/9/06
Lowers on 11/30/06
Uppers on / Expander gone on 1/31/2007
Class III elastics added 3/14/2007
Expander #2 - 6/27/2007
20-24 months w/ fixed metal braces

danish

#5 Post by danish »

I'm single and haven't dared to engage in any romantic activities yet. However, I'm sure that if you meet someone who likes you, he/she is going to laugh WITH you in stead of AT you if anything occurs due to the brace situation during the love act. :)

Danish
metal braces on: 4 Oct 2007
Tx for: crowding
debonded on: 24 Jun 2009

total treatment time: 629 days

my journey ==> http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

Lozzie83

#6 Post by Lozzie83 »

This was one of the things I was worried about when I got my braces on a week ago. When I first got home I didn't even want to show my boyfriend my mouth... but he actually thinks they make me look cute!!

I was a bit to sore to really want to get pashing for the first few days... but I'm pleased to say that over the weekend there has been plenty of kissing like usual!! It does feel a bit weird for me with all the stuff against my lips, but he doesn't seem to notice much of a difference at all.

Happy kissing!

regulering17

#7 Post by regulering17 »

Thanks guys!
Well, thank Godness we don't have braces on our tounges or lips! those we use to kiss with, not teeth(at least I dont)
btw, my friend fooled around with a guy this weekend, who had braces!
I'm going to be fine:)
nothing may happen even, for this year(romance wise)
it sort of sucks that i fell in love NOW.why not 3 more months, WHY?!
Well, IF it works with this guy it may take a while before we go french kissing anyway:P
thanks again,- Mona
Braces on: March 6th 2007
Both upper and lower metals
Been in braces for: 1 year 15 days
Next adjustment: Feb. 28th- 08
my braces log: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... ht=#227971

danish

#8 Post by danish »

bad timing, huh? Well... that's what makes life interesting, innit? The unpredictability! Hehe :BigGrin:

Anyway, if he's the one your brace won't be an issue! Girls do look cute with braces (I wonder if girls find guys with braces cute or just creepy-looking!?).

Danish
metal braces on: 4 Oct 2007
Tx for: crowding
debonded on: 24 Jun 2009

total treatment time: 629 days

my journey ==> http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

KateinCO

Three months!

#9 Post by KateinCO »

Hi Mona --

Good question, and I have no answer since I just got braces and am single.
But three months will go by so fast ... before you know it, you will be showing off your new smile, and that guy will dig your chili even more! :P I am sure you won't have any problems, but if you do, laughter is always a good remedy!

Danish, I think men who have braces are not creepy ... they are healthy people who take care of themselves. That in itself is attractive! :)

Good luck you all! Happy romancing!
Kate

ibraceface

#10 Post by ibraceface »

I have IBraces (lingual) and my guy was very hesitant about kissing me for a few weeks--- which really upset me- because I assumed he wasn't kissing me because the braces looked ugly...

But he finally told me it was because he was terrified he'd break something!! Haha I have so much going on in my mouth, 4 extractions, a tooth uncovering, ibraces, crazy elastic configurations- so no wonder he thought he'd break something!!