Halfway There (with Pics)

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lilypad

Halfway There (with Pics)

#1 Post by Lilypad »

I'm halfway done, change tonight to tray 7 of 12! To give eveyone hope, I'm extremely happy with my progress. This is something I have wanted all my life. Finally took the plunge. I'm just doing the top so I'm sure I only have half of all the inconveniences of wearing invisalign. :-88
ImageImage

SharonD

#2 Post by SharonD »

Looks great! Thanks for sharing your progress. I go tomorrow to have my molds done. I was trying to decide whether to do just the top or all. I've decided to just jump in and do it all even though I'm not terribly bothered by the bottoms. Do you have any regrets of not doing both? Your bottoms looks very straight, so I would guess not.

http://sharonsinvisalign.blogspot.com/

Lilypad

#3 Post by Lilypad »

Thanks SharonD! I have no regrets about not doing the bottom but even my ortho had to agree I didn't need it. If they had bothered me in the least, I would have gone for both. Good luck on your journey, it's so exciting to see the progress! Be sure to take some before pics, and keep us posted. :computer:

Lilypad

#4 Post by Lilypad »

Thank you KK! :thumbsup:

diehard

#5 Post by diehard »

just a quick ? did your ortho not offer u the chance to fix with veneers

Lilypad

#6 Post by Lilypad »

Nope, He never even mentioned veneers. I had asked him about traditional braces and he told me I was such a perfect candidate for invisalign that he didn't want to treat me any other way. I work with a gal who had her two front teeth done with veneers and she was told NEVER to bite into anything using those teeth. Yikes, I like to eat too much to live with that for the rest of my life. LOL :HugeGrin:

Lilypad

#7 Post by Lilypad »

Wow! I've had my first problems with Invisaligm. I woke up yesterday to an extremely swollen and reddened gum over my left front tooth, Even had some bleeding which scared the crap out of me. I called the ortho and talked to the tech, she told me to trim the aligner so it wasnt touching the gum. It helped some, but as i look in the mirror, i can see i need to trim more. Still reddened and swollen a bit. Gum has receeded a little, and it hurts.... SCARY. :-((

Lilypad

#8 Post by Lilypad »

Thanks for the advice Meryaten, the peroxide does seem to help. It looks a little better today and isnt quite so sore. Those aligners arent the easiest things to trim, and the nail file did nothing. The ortho called back and said the swelling could also be due to the fact the gum has to scar since im closing such a big gap. Today it seems to be more in between the 2 front teeth which doesnt worry me quite so much. And, yes, I'm right in the middle of the USA. :GapToothed:

badbite

#9 Post by badbite »

I could be off base here, but I would say watch your midline -it looks a little off.

Lilypad

#10 Post by Lilypad »

Well, after staring in the mirror for the last hour, LOL, I'm not seeing a problem with my midline. The teeth have moved some since those pics were taken, so i guess it's already straightened out. But Hey, thanks for giving me something else to worry about! Ha Ha Ha.......oh, the trials and tribulations of my mind. :-+

Lilypad

#11 Post by Lilypad »

Well, I just had to take a pic with my mouth shut for a change,Yikes I guess badbite is right! Holey Moley! So, I had to run off and check my Clinchek....Ok it ENDS up directly lined up with the bottom. I guess 5 more aligners will take care of it. See the swelling of the gum between the two front teeth? That looks good compared to what it was. :shock: You can actually see one of my attachments sneaking into the picture LOL.Image

badbite

#12 Post by badbite »

Your midline looks good. Sorry :oops:

Lilypad

#13 Post by Lilypad »

Well, i finally went yesterday for an emergency visit with the ortho because of all the redness and swelling ive been having. His eyes went :shock: So, i'm going to see the periodontist next tuesday. The ortho thinks there is just too much gum tissue to continue. So i'm stuck in aligner #8 until at least the end of this month. I thought i had trimmed a ton of both sides of the front of this aligner, but they got out a power tool and cut the heck out of it. So, i guess im gonna sit in aligner limbo for awhile. :(

Lilypad

#14 Post by Lilypad »

Ok, I'm back from the periodontist. I guess I have joined "the Frenectomy Club". He cut a sliver of tissue out from between my front 2 teeth both in the front and back. Aside from the 2 needle sticks, it wasnt too bad. His assistant said I was the first she has seen to go through the procedure laughing. I stopped at the store to stock up on some soup, ran home, ate, and popped the aligner back in while everything is still numb LOL. It looks like i have a huge crack all the way up to my lip. I aint even gonna look at the back. :soremouth:

Lilypad

#15 Post by Lilypad »

And here it is......Image