Going price for pulling wisdom teeth?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kat

Going price for pulling wisdom teeth?

#1 Post by Kat »

In the USA what did you pay to have them extracted? I may need to price hunt. Did you use your dentist or a oral surgeon?
I need all 4 pulled...and think I have to be asleep I hear.

Kat

#2 Post by Kat »

Hmmm, this is true. I figure these 4 wisdoms should be pretty easy I'd think they are all in and I have no problems with them. It's just better with my braces for them to be out because of area/space I guess.

platinum

#3 Post by platinum »

My boyfriend was queted $300 with local anesthetics and if he wants to have full anesthesia he has to pay $200 more. He has a dental insurance, not very good though.

Kat

#4 Post by Kat »

Yes dental insurance would be nice but I don't have it.
I've had two different dental people at the orthos place say I'd most likely go under. They thought it's the way to go.
I've heard of most people this day and age just having them pulled with shots and a little gas.
:?:

SideKick3QT

#5 Post by SideKick3QT »

I highly recommend you find the nearest dental school. I havent gotten my procedure done yet but my private oral surgeons office it would cost 1500 for 4 full bony impactions along with sedation. But, I went to the dental/medical school and my fee will only be about $346.....its a pretty crazy difference. Mind you, the dental insurance I have is only a discount dental plan that only covers 25% of the surgery.

Morena_Prncss

#6 Post by Morena_Prncss »

Getting my wisdom teeth out was covered under medical insurance.. went to an oral surgeon and got the twilight sedation. All I had to pay was my normal office visit co-pay. HTH!
Metal top & TPA-4/6/05 Btm Lingual Arch-4/05
Upper ex-8/05 Lower ex-9/05
Metal btm-10/14/05
Lingual arch off-2/06

Miss Smiley

#7 Post by Miss Smiley »

My own brother who is an OS billed me for one extraction of a partial bony impaction and GA! My total bill was $752 USD but my insurance covered $521. I didn't have GA, I had local and that's supposed to be included in the extraction cost.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

platinum

#8 Post by platinum »

The price depends on how difficult the removal of the wisdom teeth is.
My boyfriends bill without insurance would be $1500. This includes removal of two fully erupted and two partially erupted teeth, plus general anesthesia.

SnowSara

#9 Post by SnowSara »

I was quoted $1600 w/ general, not sure how much of that will be covered by insurance.

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.