Tim's Treatment NEW PICS ::: UPDATED PLEASE READ 03/11 :::

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SDFD TSchott

#91 Post by SDFD TSchott »

14-Oct-07
Wow finally an update… I know it’s been a while since I updated on my orthodontic journey and now it’s here… The moment you’ve been waiting for.
My last adjustment was on September 18th and everything went smoothly. I arrived at the ortho office on time as usual, signed in and then sat in the seat thinking to myself what colors I should get this time… I know my next appointment won’t be until the beginning of November so I think I will go something close to a Halloween color!
I get called into the exam room and off I go. Crap what colors should I chose today should I stick with the typical boring colors I went with the past few times or should I change it up! Well I finally sat down and the doctor looked at my mouth and did the routine open close open close checkup. Well I got a shocker. He told me we saved you 12,000 by pulling your teeth and closing those gaps up real nice.
Phew I’m not going to have to be 12,000 dollars more in debt I’m already 70,000 in debt as it is! (School loans) Anyways the assistant comes and asks alright were keeping the same wire, however we are changing the colors and giving you a new configuration for the elastics… What colors you want this time. “Crap it was crunch time!â€

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

MommaDucky

#92 Post by MommaDucky »

Wow, Tim! Your bite and arches are looking phenomenal! Good choice on the colors, I must say. When will you be out of those puppies?

I vote on orange for uppers and blue for lowers next visit. :)
-Katherine-

see my braces story here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=20273

SDFD TSchott

#93 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Thanks for the reply MommaDucky... I'm hoping I will be out of them towards the end of december beginning of January but I'm not going to hold my breath... I will keep you all up to date as things progress!

~Tim~

Higgy

#94 Post by Higgy »

They are looking GREAT! You've really come a long ways in your treatment....and kudos for taking the initiative.....how are you finding the new elastics arrangement? What strength elastic are you in? I know what you mean about the being lazy and not taking them out to eat, though I did that yesterday with my chipmunk elastics and two of them broke....went ahead and took the third one out, lol.....keep up the updating....it looks like we may be joining the naked tooth club around the same time!

SDFD TSchott

#95 Post by SDFD TSchott »

If I'm stuck with powerchains that means I'm stuck with one color for top and one for bottom... I think since I'm nearing the end I will get serious and really through everyone off for a loop and maybe do like red on either the upper or lower and pink on the other! Who knows or maybe I will do purple We shall see come november 7th!

~Tim~

MommaDucky

#96 Post by MommaDucky »

Red and pink would be neat, but it's not Valentine's Day yet! You could do red and green to be festive for the Christmas Holiday. Or even better -How about you do pink and blue and if anyone asks, just tell them you're pregnant? :lol:
-Katherine-

see my braces story here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=20273

PrincessMelody

#97 Post by PrincessMelody »

Things are looking good Tim. I'm jealous you can eat with your elastics in because I haven't really managed to do that. Some things I can, but others I can't.

As for colors... since your adjustment is the day after my b-day I vote for at least one arch to be purple since that is my favorite color :D Pink is my second favorite color but I won't make you get that. I'm sure KK would agree that purple is a fine color choice :lol: I've got purple and black right now and they look very snazzy. Purple and blue would probably be nice as well.
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

nerdgirl

#98 Post by nerdgirl »

Those teeth are lookin' FANTASTIC!! I am green with envy! :mrgreen:

As far as colors go, I vote for light blue and dark blue - I always think that looks good when I've seen it in other's pictures. :D

SDFD TSchott

#99 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I Do appoligize for the delay as being in a motorcycle acciden't has caused alot of issues!

Well I will try and update things later today when I get back from running a few errands. But as far as it looks like my ortho seems to think I will be braces free come March 2008 so we shall "Not" hold my breath and wait til things happen.. Once again I will try to update later of what ahppened at my last adjustment.

~TiM~

SDFD TSchott

#100 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Alright so I had my last adjustment on November 7, 2007 and this one was a little difficult. Since my motorcycle accident on October 29th I had been in the hospital for a week there, and then I was placed in a cast for six to eight weeks. Well my ortho office is upstairs so you had to figure what I had to go through. Climbing stairs with a leg in a cast using crutches “NOT FUN AT ALLâ€

SDFD TSchott

#101 Post by SDFD TSchott »

FINALLY GOT AROUND TO TAKEING SOME PICTURES! These are taken today 12/09/2007

SDFD TSchott

#102 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Thanks jt2lang I have actually noticed one thing about the braces that one of the bands seems to be going up into the gums so I'm kind of concerned about that issue... but then again I have been keeping an eye on it and it seems that it's leveling out finally so hope no issues will keep me from getting my braces off soon.

~Tim~

SDFD TSchott

#103 Post by SDFD TSchott »

You know what that is bothering me right now, for some reason I just now thought of this even though I have an appointment at the beginning of next month.

Now the question is, my last appointment I had an adjustment and I wasn't told to continue wearing my elastics and I wasn't told that I was to stop wearing them... Well for so long I have been "NOT" wearing them.. Was I right or was I wrong to do so, should I call my ortho up tomorrow and ask or should I wait until my next appointment on January 8th

~Tim~

SDFD TSchott

#104 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Thanks Denise... I decided that I will not bother my ortho until I go in on the 9th and see what he says... Also when I go in on the 9th I will be asking 2 questions to him

1) What type of retainers am I getting? *** Hoping for Hawleys, as I've heard many stories about the permanent and essix ***

2) When can I expect to be braces free?

If you think of any other questions that you think I should ask let me know!

~Tim~

SDFD TSchott

#105 Post by SDFD TSchott »

[quote=Denise]What do you like (or think you'll like) about Hawleys?[/quote]

From what information I have read on about Hawleys is that as long as you keep them in religiously that your mouth will less likely fall back to the original position where your teeth were prior to braces. They can tweek the retainer a bit to help fix minor situations and they are removable and sometimes customizable... As for Permanent retainers they are in there all the time behind your teeth out of view but I've read many issues that had occured with permanent retainers... I have a friend who had braces before and was put in permanent reatiners, well her teeth relapsed and now she needs braces for a second time!

The only reason I can think about why I want Hawleys is the customization and you get to select colors and add pictures or name and what not in them. I don't know just my thoughts which may not be true.

~Tim~