Day 3 of top braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blazestriker

Day 3 of top braces

#1 Post by blazestriker »

Hello all...I'm new here as of today.

I just had a tooth extracted and braces put on my top row of teeth on Friday. I just turned 42 on Saturday. Happy Birthday to me! I truly thought that this would never happen and had resolved myself to live with crowded teeth for the rest of my life but my karma must have been due. I spent the weekend living off ibuprofren, scrambled eggs and soup. I'm anxious to get advice, comments and anything else you nice people have to offer me as this is all new to me. My mouth and "tooth hole" is still very sore, which is the only bummer in all of this since I absolutely love to eat!

Anyway, I'm going to post some pics soon and will read some of your stories to catch up with what's happening here. I'll be posting regularly since I want to learn and share as much as possible with others who share my experience.

Thanks!

cwatt1

#2 Post by cwatt1 »

Welcome, Blaze!

Great to have you here. I've posted a more lengthy response in the Bracket Club section.

Much success to you!

Click here to read about my progress.

SarahLu

#3 Post by SarahLu »

Hi blazestriker!

Congrats on getting braced, i got my upper and lower braces last Thursday - the day before you! Im still have problems with soreness too, i had 4 extractions and the tooth holes are al still tender. My advice for this is to listen to KK on this board and do lots of salt water rinses as they help to soothe and heal the mouth. I have been doing them several times a day and also make sure u rinse and clean thoroughly after eating to ensure that food does not get caught in your teeth sockets (this happened to me and i got an infection - not nice!)

Good luck with your journey, look forward to seeing your pics!