April 7,2007(I got my metal smile)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chillin-in-grilz

#16 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

I am glad everything is going well for you. Awesome pics!
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

tipstar

#17 Post by tipstar »

Hello everyone well I thought I would stop in and give you guys an update since my extractions. Well I went in on Friday around 12 and talked with the ladies like always and then Dr.Guo came in and told me she was ready for my teeth. I must tell you the truth yes I was scared but I knew it would all be fine so off to the chair we went and she got all her tools out to do her job. She numbed me up realllllllllllllllllllll good and off she went for the first tooth and a few secs later it was out (she had to tell me b/c I was counting the dots on the ceiling) so after that tooth she went after the next tooth it came out just as easy as the first. She gave me my papers and sent me out to pay for my visit but just as I am heading out Dr. Rahman called me back to the chair (I am thinking oh dear God she can not want more teeth) she wanted to give me my adjustment so I would not have to come back on the 5th of Oct.

Well I must say after all of that love at the orthodontics office I was only in the mood for a good and long nap so I stopped at the drug store got some Advil and came home and done just that. Saturday I was swollen and had a fever plus hungry as all get out but I still couldn't eat yet so I ran some errands and then back home for a nap. Finally at 7:30 pm I was able to eat some ice cream yummmmmmm. I was told no bread for a week not to happy about that but it's cool I will make it no matter what. I am still doing good I went to work today on both jobs and had a great day I had ice cream for lunch and as soon as I finish this post I am going to have some mash potatoes. I hope you all have a great night. I will post pics later this week.

tipstar

#18 Post by tipstar »

B/c of the yeast in the bread she does not want it to get in my holes :lol: and cause issues for me. It sucks but hey it helps with the weight loss :D . Wow your husband had 7 at one time :shock:

Miss Smiley

#19 Post by Miss Smiley »

Wow, I've never heard of yeast from bread affecting my extraction sites. I was always told to rinse well after eating and that I could eat anything my mouth could handle. Sounds like you had an eventful visit, let's just hope no more headgear!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

tipstar

#20 Post by tipstar »

Image Showing where they stole my beautiful teeth from me :lol:

Image Showing off my new ligs blue on the top and a red chain on the bottom.

tipstar

#21 Post by tipstar »

Well it has been a couple of days since my last adjustment and I must say it went excellent. Dr. Rahman told me my teeth are doing beautifully and my holes are coming along nicely. It was a pretty quick visit she looked my teeth over said we were good and put on my new ligs (clear on the top and a pink chain for the bottom) and told me no more elastic bands :-)o ( I was the only patient of the day to hear those words). So all in all things are good on this side of the world. I'm going in for a cleaning and adjustment on the 18th of January and I'm looking forward to that as well :-#)

Side note: I went to see Dr.Clark on Monday and she told me I have lost 38 pounds since getting my metal smile :-)o :-)o Anyway I hope is well with everyone and happy bracing!!!

tipstar

#22 Post by tipstar »

Hello All it has been a while since I have been on ti give you guys an update and to see some of you up dates but I am back now. I hope everyone and their teeth are doing well. I just went in to see Dr. Rahman Friday and got cleaned and an adjustment it was a good visit. Dr. Rahman was not there so one of the other Dr.s saw me which was fine I just don't like the Chapel hill office but that is neither here nor there. This visit was pretty cool I was in and out in about an hr and nothing changed she told me I was doing great but I have 4 tiny cavities that she wants to fill. I got new ligs I have green on top and a yellow chain on the bottom. Jennifer one of the assistants wanted me to go back in elastics but I told her Dr.Rahman took me off of those my last visit. Anywoo it was a good visit and I will post me pics soon. I hope you all are doing fabulous.

Miss Smiley

#23 Post by Miss Smiley »

We both got away without elastics on our visits, woohoo!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix