Catie's Braces Story-journey to a beautiful wedding smile!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lilc290

#16 Post by lilc290 »

Thanks for the comments as always!

It's still feeling like a mouthful, but as always I'm sure I will adjust. My right K9 has been really sore the past couple of days, which actually makes me excited because that means it's moving!!! My right one, not so much...I'm beginning to think that one might become the stubborn one :wink:

This is the longest I will go between adjustments, I won't be going back for about 3 weeks. I'll have my 5th adjustment right before my birthday! Before I was braced, I was so sad I would have braces on my birthday like I wouldn't be able to celebrate as much...but now I'm so excited and can't believe I ever felt that way! :-)o

I will update after my next adjustment, and hopefully at least one of those K9's will be added to the archwire!

Take care everyone! :computer:

lilc290

Another adjustment down!

#17 Post by lilc290 »

Hey everyone! :-1

It's been so long since I updated! This is the longest I've gone between adjustments, about 3 weeks, and I couldn't believe my teeth were still sore after that long! They've been changing alot. This adjustment I got a new open coil (my last one, it comes out next adjustment!), a new top archwire (K9's included!), and new powerchains on my bottom teeth. He also did a little bit of shaping on my front two teeth and both the K9's. They pulled like crazy on my teeth this time! Either I'm getting used to it or learning to deal with it a little better lol! Anyways, here's some updated pictures!

Image front view...those K9's are starting to show through a little bit!

Image top arch

Image This is my right K9

Image Left K9

Lots of fantastic movement, I'm feeling great! By the way, I had my BEAUTIFUL bridal shower last Saturday and it was SO nice to see everyone and I had a fantastic time. I didn't think twice about my braces! And I'm sure I will feel the same on my birthday this Saturday! :-)o

I know this might sound a little cheesey, but I am so grateful for this experience. I've learned alot about how strong of a person I can be, and I feel I've grown closer with my soon to be husband!

Thanks as always for the support!

platinum

#18 Post by platinum »

What you have there looks quite special!

My friend had her permanent molar growing next to baby molar. It looked very strange. But when she went to dentist tha baby was pulled away immemdiately. I think she was 14-15 year old. The molar was pulled to it's right position with elastics. I think at that age it was easier to fix double teeth than when you are older.

babyduck

#19 Post by babyduck »

Congratulations on all the positive changes you've got going on....braces, a wedding, weight loss! It's amazing how taking the plunge to correct one thing will give the confidence to correct one more. I'm glad that the experience has brought you closer to your fiance. I, too, have found that I've learned to appreciate my husband all over again. He's really helped me go through this and made me feel better about the cost and being 26 and in braces lol. Yours are way clear! I'm glad you're sprucing them up with some color, though. It shows that you're not going to be embarrassed by them. I've got self ligating braces, so colors are out :(. Good luck with planning the wedding and I look forward to seeing more of your progress pics!

Check out my braces story for pics :-)!

lilc290

#20 Post by lilc290 »

babyduck- Thank you very much for the comments. I do feel like i'm making a lot of changes, but I know they will pay off! And yes, it's very true that it changes other things in your life for the better!

I feel like I just got my braces on all over again! lol. I couldn't chew anything at dinner so I made some mac&cheese...not very wedding dress diet friendly but it sure was tastey!! But pain=movement! :banana: :jump:

Laurie

#21 Post by Laurie »

Wow that looks like a pretty heavy duty arch wire!

lilc290

#22 Post by lilc290 »

Thanks for the comments! I am so excited to see my temporary results for the wedding. When we first started he said he had no idea where we would be at by September (were hoping to take them off about a month before the wedding). Now he's thinking it will be less like a full grill, and more like a few temporary vaneers. I'm so happy I did this, I think I would be dreading my wedding if I hadn't. Now I can't wait to get married and party and SMILE THE WHOLE NIGHT! lol

cwatt1

#23 Post by cwatt1 »

Catie, it's wonderful you're so positive about the great results you're seeing! Makes any temporary discomfort worthwhile, doesn't it? Your canines are coming along nicely!

I see you're from Alton -- my son is a resident of Beverly Farm in Godfrey, and we get down there around once a month or so. It's a beautiful area, particularly the Great River Road that runs along the bluffs by the Mississippi.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :!:

Click here to read about my progress.

lilc290

#24 Post by lilc290 »

cwatt1- thank you for the compliments! Yes, this area is beautiful, especially the river road!

My K9's are really starting to move into place now that they're added to the archwire! It's really neat to see how fast your teeth can actually move.

I'm starting to think more about the wedding. I have a much better idea of what they will look like-and while I'm very happy I will have a great smile, I'm so worried about them moving back out of place! They will be off for a little over a month-he said it was a good idea to take them off about a month before the wedding, then we can continue treatment after the wedding. I'm thinking of maybe asking him if I can get a retainer or maybe even a permament retainer applied so they don't move. What do you guys think?

lilc290

#25 Post by lilc290 »

KK- Thanks for the comments, I can't wait to share pictures! I'm getting them removed for so long for a few reasons. One because I live about 45 minutes away from my orthodontist and as the wedding draws closer I'm finding it harder and harder to make my appointment times. He suggested I take them off about a month ahead of time so that we can make any tweaks to my "temporary smile" if there is something that I don't like. Also, after the wedding I've decided not to continue my treatment with traditional braces and to switch to an ortho closer to home. I really like my ortho, it's just so hard to make the trips!

I hope everything works out alright, I'm getting a little nervous! lol

lilc290

Another Adjustment Down!

#26 Post by lilc290 »

Hey everyone! I had another successful adjustment today. This was probably one of the most painful ones that did not involve a tooth extraction-but the most painful ones are the ones you see the most movement out of!

My K9's are coming along great! This is all we have left to do before the wedding, and I am so excited to see things coming together. Here are a few pictures!

compare that to my first week in braces...

Everytime I look at my progress pictures I am amazed. I have only been in braces for a little over 2 months. I am so grateful for my ortho taking my case on in such a short period of time!

I decided today to keep them on longer. They'll probably be taken off a week before the wedding. My ortho said we have a much better chance of getting a more permanent result, and not having to put brackets back on after the wedding if I stick it out a little longer.

I've been going through so much stress with the wedding and school (I am in school to be a nurse practitioner) that I feel like I can't handle anymore. I thought I would feel better getting the braces off early, but I'm not so sure I will. I'll have to deal with the stress of the "temporary grill" that could chip/break instead of my real teeth. It's just worth the couple more months!

Hope everyone is well!

Miss Smiley

#27 Post by Miss Smiley »

Aww....sad to see your secret fangs not being so secret anymore but also glad you're happy!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

lilc290

#28 Post by lilc290 »

Miss Smiley-My fiance said the same thing. No way did I ever think anyone would think that was cute! But thank you-I'm very happy to see them aligning FINALLY! :banana:

cwatt1

#29 Post by cwatt1 »

Hi Catie,

I also agree that you've made a wise decision about keeping your braces a little longer -- your ultimate result is what you'll be living with for a while!

I can understand your being stressed -- I know the feeling, what with classes and getting ready for your wedding. Difficult to do, I know, but try and take a few minutes a day just to unwind and deflate.

By the way -- if your pics are any indication you'll look beautiful for your wedding :!:

Click here to read about my progress.

lilc290

#30 Post by lilc290 »

Thanks everyone so much for your nice comments. What would I do without archwired! :BigGrin:

I am confident that my decision is a good one, I've pushed though all of my wedding stuff with braces so far and I know I can continue to do so. But ultimately in the end, were talking about a beautiful smile for the rest of my life-and that's what I am keeping my eye on.

Thanks again everyone! My next appointment is in 2 weeks! :jump: