How to get over your shyness!! Update

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Rainy

How to get over your shyness!! Update

#1 Post by Rainy »

Well there is an easy way to get over having to floss and brush etc in public. Go camping.... Just spent a week camping in Northern California and had no choice but to sit there at the picnic table flossing... and I dont even have my braces yet, tomorrow will be the big day.

On a side note, we got home after a 11 hour drive, to find out our house had been broken into and both cars stolen, Now I am running around like crazy to get a rental so I can get to my appointment tomorrow :(
Last edited by Rainy on Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

babyduck

#2 Post by babyduck »

OMG, that's horrible about your house and cars!! I hope you find out who did that and they are prosecuted thoroughly! That's certainly something you don't want to have to deal with right now.

But I'm glad you've gotten over your "public brushing/flossing" shyness. I've become accustomed to carrying my little case full of oral hygiene products and a bottled water. I brush everywhere, now haha.

Check out my braces story for pics :-)!

jackie100

#3 Post by jackie100 »

I could never do that in public for some reason, I'm just very self conscious and just couldn't do that...

If I were camping I would probably go do it inside the tent, or walk somewhere off by myself and do it where I have privacy, or at least turn away from the people while I was doing it.

There's nothing wrong with doing it in public at all, it's just not for me. I'm too vain and I only like to be seen at my best, not with foam bubbling in my mouth.

In a restroom I would either wait until it's empty or wet the toothbrush and just go in the stall and spit in the bowl...

I don't like brushing my teeth in front of people whether I have braces or not even including my significant other.

Rainy

UpDate

#4 Post by Rainy »

Well yesterday in the early afternoon the phone rang. The police found my car, nothing wrong with it, except the key missing. Well I have a spare so it worked. They even left the top up on it and locked the doors.

Last night at 3am the phone rang again, they found the misters car. Same thing , nothing wrong with it. He too is missing his key and they took his spare tire for some reason.
Now I can go get the metal on my teeth and not have to worry about all that stuff, its going to be a real good day. I will post pics later today.

Rainy

babyduck

#5 Post by babyduck »

That's awesome, Rainy....strange and awesome. So, is there some way that you can change the locks on a car or is that super expensive? It's weird that they can be inconsiderate enough to break into your house and leave with your cars, but considerate enough to not damage the cars and even lock them up when they're through with their joyride.

Stacy

Check out my braces story for pics :-)!

LaaLaa

#6 Post by LaaLaa »

Wow, Rainy, I'm sorry you had to come back home from vacation to find your house broken into. God darn thieves, get a life and EARN your belongings yourselves!! :evil: That must've been horrible but I'm glad both of your cars are back safe with their owners. About your car keys though, I agree with babyduck, you should maybe try to get the locks changes because that's a little unsettling to know someone has your keys and could take them without notice. :? Do you mind me asking around what area in WA you are located?? Got me a little scared.

On a lighter note, I hope your appointment at your Ortho went well. Plus, that's great that you've overcome your shyness about going about your Orthodontic care in front of others! :P

iBorg

#7 Post by iBorg »

I'm glad there's a touch of good news in this story. Having been a victim of a car break in before I know how it feels. Any good locksmith or your dealer should be able to change the locks.

Here's to the rest of this story turning out good.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Rainy

#8 Post by Rainy »

Thanks everyone, yes it all turned out okay. Laalaa we are in Maple Valley area. The weird thing is they could have taken so much stuff. There was money in the house (just change), guns, alcohol, small tools etc. They god forbid could have taken our computers. All they did take was a laptop that was in the house and the cars. Mister did have his work laptop in the trunk and that is gone as well as his spare tire.

We both are getting the car locks changed. Insurance will not cover door lock/ignition change but will cover transponders. I have decided to not get the care door remote redone, just the locks and ignition for now. I will just have the transponder deactivated. Mister has a car alarm on his and its gonna cost an arm, leg and teeth to get everything replaced :(

Rainy

Niki

#9 Post by Niki »

Rainy
Thats wonderful you got your cars back. Bummer its going to be so darn expensive changing the locks.