Records Appt follow up is in 2 hours! I cant wait!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SideKick3QT

Records Appt follow up is in 2 hours! I cant wait!

#1 Post by SideKick3QT »

I'm just excited to get all of this situated. Its been 3 weeks since the moldings, xrays and pictures. Im more nervous to see the pictures of my teeth (ugh!). But Im just happy that I am taking it upon myself to get braces since my parents BS'd me for 8 years about getting it. I guess to get things done you gotta do it on your own. I'll let you guys know what my Ortho says. :D

SideKick3QT

#2 Post by SideKick3QT »

So heres the follow up.

Cost: $4209 with insurance, I have to pay $809 in order to get the brackets and everything to get put on and itll be $170 x 20 months.

Extractions: 8 teeth #1, 5, 12, 16, 17, 21, 28, and 32

She suggested that I get the brackets put on first and then have the teeth removed so that the teeth dont drift into the open spots. Does this sound right? They will be referring me to an oral surgeon on Monday.

I want to get the braces on and extractions done before I go back to college in August.

Miss Smiley

#3 Post by Miss Smiley »

My ortho wanted my teeth out before Tx started. I've read here about others who have been braced and then extracted. I guess it's just preference of what the Ortho has in plan for you! Sounds like you're getting your wisdoms and 1st pre-molars out. I've had all 4 pre-molars gone.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

insanemommy03

#4 Post by insanemommy03 »

My ortho wanted all the teeth pulled before she would even put the brackets on!!

Hope all goes well for ya!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dark_angel

#5 Post by Dark_angel »

So heres the follow up.

Cost: $4209 with insurance, I have to pay $809 in order to get the brackets and everything to get put on and itll be $170 x 20 months.

Extractions: 8 teeth #1, 5, 12, 16, 17, 21, 28, and 32

She suggested that I get the brackets put on first and then have the teeth removed so that the teeth dont drift into the open spots. Does this sound right? They will be referring me to an oral surgeon on Monday.

I want to get the braces on and extractions done before I go back to college in August.
Your treatment from my perspective is very cheap £2100, then again alot of these things tend to be cheaper in USA and there's a good exchange rate at the moment.

I had my extractions first and braces about 2 weeks after the first round of extractions but like others have said its mainly preferance.

8 teeth removed means you'll probably be quite sore afterwards, i had 4 out, was missing a 5th and i am having a 6th decayed tooth out next week. So its not alot of teeth to be missing, hope it all goes well for you, keep us updated!

JumpTheDitch

#6 Post by JumpTheDitch »

I had braces put on, then 2 x upper second bicuspids extracted the following week. I'm not sure if this would have been my ortho's preferred action plan though, as my initial treatment plan didn't include extractions. It was only when he placed all the hardware that he decided he didn't have enough room to retract the overjet and wanted to extract.

He wants to extract my lower wisdom teeth in about 12 mths, but has agreed to review it at the time, as I'm not keen on losing teeth that are healthy and not causing any issue.

He usually reviews your wisdom teeth situation about 12 mths after debanding, though whether this is only for those whose wisdom teeth are not involved in their pre-braces problems, I'm not sure.