OK, I give in *July 30 Adj. p37*

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Laurie

#61 Post by Laurie »

I'm a big weenie about that kind of stuff and worry way too much to of done it on my own!

Miss Smiley

#62 Post by Miss Smiley »

Another update on wayward molar...look at the difference from May 5 (left) to June 16 (right.)
ImageImage

Who would have thunk it?! I can't wait until I see some more movement to compare it to. P.S. I ate baby back ribs off the bone for dinner, I'm a rebel!!!!!! Oh and that thing over my upper arch is that lip protector thingy that clips on to the archwire. A miracle product.
Last edited by Miss Smiley on Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

Miss Smiley

#63 Post by Miss Smiley »

I'm going to have that tooth behind old wayward checked. I think it's a CARIE!! AHHHH! That's what happens when your HUGE teeth are just crammed in small space.

Miss Smiley

#64 Post by Miss Smiley »

Karen, thanks for making me smile, but unfortunately, I think it's a cavity because it hurts when I get food caught, it's sensitive to anything that's sweet, even honey bread, and it feels yucky. My appt is aset for the next day at 2pm. :(

Odd, right after I wrote that entry, one of my lower molars started aching. If I happen to tap the tooth with the uppper partner, it feels like an electric shock. ARGH!!!!

Miss Smiley

#65 Post by Miss Smiley »

Thanks Karen and Linda! I have my appt. later today, I'm just praying that I won't need a root canal bc it's gotten to the pulp. *crossing fingers*

Miss Smiley

#66 Post by Miss Smiley »

My day has been a nightmare
First there was some crazy traffic on my way to work. I get to work and open my pen drawer to find a HUGE roach sitting on top of my pens(had to wait for the maint. guy.) Then I had to get rubbing alcohol and clean off my desk, keyboard, mouse, and all of my pens and pen trays. HORRIBLE! Then my day just gets better. I leave work for my lunch hour because I had a dentist appt for a simple filling and it turns out, it isn't so simple so now I have to leave work again for MR Ortho to take out the wire. I called my ortho and since they aren't there tomorrow, I have to go in today so they can take the wire out and I can have the tooth filled on Friday morning only to go back to ortho late FRiday afternoon to have them put the wire back in. Dentist said "We might have to crown that one." Me --> :shock: I said "you can't just fill it and crown it after ortho?" Dentist "Ok fine, we'll wait." SO that's one less punch into my purse.

I forgot to mention, the dentist asking me how I even saw that cavity. He chuckled when I told him that I take pics of my teeth and look at them. HAHAHA but I told him it's easier to keep things clean so he didn't think I was too much of a nerd.
What a great day!!

Miss Smiley

#67 Post by Miss Smiley »

No arch wire feels kind of nice. Atleast I can enjoy flossing until Friday night.

I woke up this morning with a glob of blood covering two brackets, I checked in my mouth to find no sores or punctures. How odd is that? I really thought that I had smacked my face or something and punched a hole through my lip with a bare bracket. Ehh, mysteries of the world.

Miss Smiley

#68 Post by Miss Smiley »

I just got back from the dentist. No fun!!! I had to get an injection on the roof of my mouth. WTH!!! Anyhow, he filled it with composite and took out the old amalgam filling. Gross, I had a grey tongue and was trying to rinse it out. He said it should be crowned when I'm done with ortho but that is still a while away. He found it funny that my molars weren't touching and thought he had done something but I told him they haven't been touching for the past couple of weeks. Oh well, now I'm just counting down time until I leave work early to go to the ortho and have my wire reinstalled.

Miss Smiley

#69 Post by Miss Smiley »

Oh yeah, thanks Karen and Linda for leaving your responses so that I know someone is listening to my ranting and raving. It's nice to have some support, who knew I'd become to emotionally attached to the progress of my teeth.

rhonda30

#70 Post by rhonda30 »

Quite a busy Friday. No way to start the weekend! Hopefully the ortho stuff will be routine and the weekend will not be consumed with sensitive teeth refusing to accept any fun food.

The pics look great and if asked I say pretty in pink.

Miss Smiley

#71 Post by Miss Smiley »

Hahah rhonda, I did have some sensitive teeth. Lucky for me, they didn't start bugging me too much until I tried to have some soft chicken tacos. My lower canines and upper centrals are clicking like crazy. It sounds like a derby with all the clicks and clacks my teeth are making. I could start a rhythmic percussion band with my teeth. It was giving me some pain after I ate, I decided to bear it through and not take anything. I've had a sensitive stomach lately, I didn't want to upset it more with some pain meds. I don't think I've had this many tummy aches before. Do you think it could be partially that my food is not being chewed enough? Mastication has become difficult since my teeth are no longer touching except for the last set of molars. :( I hope this changes soon, I feel like I'm missing out on flavors if I can't chew every bit of my food. I don't believe in "let the flavors mix in your stomach," I like to taste all the flavors mix and then swallow. How am I to enjoy onions and chicken at the same time if I'm chewing my chicken first then finding all the onion bits stuck in my braces? Nearly UNPOSSIBLE! :-=

Meloho

#72 Post by Meloho »

Wow, it's times like this I'd be so glad that my dentist is also my ortho...one stop shopping! 8)

Laurie

#73 Post by Laurie »

So much work (and money!) for a cavity! Yeesh! Well, I'm glad it's over for you for now.

I think if I found a roach in my desk I would wig out. I agree that a good alcohol bath was in need for all things on your desk!

Miss Smiley

#74 Post by Miss Smiley »

Thanks for your support ladies! For lunch I shall be having pork and veggie buns, and a microwave breaded fish with mac n cheese. Feels like day 1 all over again. I was eating better when I had just gotten the adjustment than I am now. I hate how the pain is here one day, gone te next, then it just comes back out of nowhere!

Miss Smiley

#75 Post by Miss Smiley »

Linda, here's to good bites and straight smiles :-88 May these darn braces interfere less with the enjoyment of food!