Michele's Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

michele

#16 Post by michele »

Hi,
I think the rubberbands did not have anything to do with bringing up my front teeth. The rubberbands are for my overbite. From lower first molar to upper canine.

MicheLe
I have Gac In-ovation brackets (self-ligating). I got my braces Dec 29 2003. My estimated treatment time is 27 months. I got my braces off Dec 5 2005 after 23 months and 1 week.

Clo

#17 Post by Clo »

Hi Michele,

thanks for sharing your pictures !
I am not sure if I see this correctly, but do you have a second partial upper
archwire on your upper left teeth ?
You have surely experienced a great progress so far. Congrats !!

michele

#18 Post by michele »

Hi,
That is the "hook" that my rubberband is connected to, it goes all the way to the back between the first and second molar.

Michele
I have Gac In-ovation brackets (self-ligating). I got my braces Dec 29 2003. My estimated treatment time is 27 months. I got my braces off Dec 5 2005 after 23 months and 1 week.

drrick

#19 Post by drrick »

looks pretty good.

Nice bite opening, many times dosc will use build-ups in these situations to help with bite opening but things seem to be working fine.

THe bite opening came from leveling of the upper and lower arches.
Tx progressing nicely
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News

michele

#20 Post by michele »

Thank you Dr.Rick for replying

Michele

michele

#21 Post by michele »

Hi,
I just got my 8th adjustment yesterday. I got a (light blue) powerchain on my lower arch from 6-6 first molar to first molar to start closing the gaps I have. I have one gap between my first and second premolars on my right and a gap between my central incisors. I also got up graded to "Switzerland" rubber bands 3/16" 4 oz only on the left going from my first molar to the hook on my lateral. My ortho also tied the wire in on the top to help keep it from shifting to the left. I was told that I will get a new lower wire at my next adjustment it will be a round wire.

Michele

lilleth

#22 Post by lilleth »

Dr. Rick

What does this mean: "leveling of the upper and lower arches"?

I have a deep bite. Not quite as severe as the one pictured here, but still pretty deep.

Bluerain

#23 Post by Bluerain »

Hi

Say these are your teeth (Front top 6 for example)

|| ||
||

After leveling they all will be line up like blocks looking like this

||||||

I have the same bite but not as severe as Michelle .Her teeth are looking great and I have hope now.We also are using the same system..In-Ovations.

I know my bottom front teeth have move up so by leveling them where they should be will bring them back down will show more of the bottom
teeth by leveling them.

Plus there are other things going on with my mouth .

I hope this helps.

Blue
Brace's -In-Ovations
Top Wired 2-1-05 / Bottom 10-9-06
Implants being used as anchor's where the wisdom teeth use to be.

Jonathan

BIG WOW

#24 Post by Jonathan »

well, this is my first braces story read(first visit, etc.), knowing this...

From original post, this seems very complicated. I couldn't possibly remember all those dates if I could for one thing. very impressive. in addition, like I said, sounds complicated. I mean... I never saw/heard that much, especially types of bands. sizes and types etc. just a lot of info that goes... "WHEEEE" <over head>

anyway... interesting story. and now for the pictures... well, that's quite amazing I'd say myself. that is an incredible overbite, and I'm amazed that you could fix that much w/o surgery.

Congratulations on the hard work completed so far! :D
~~"The past determines our fate, but how we respond to our fate determines our destiny." - Jonathan Broedel, 11/17/02

michele

Jonathan

#25 Post by michele »

Jonathan,

I tried very hard to remember all the dates, the thing that helped the most was writing it all down as it happened. I hope as you read more you will learn just as I have. I wish you good luck and hope the surgery goes well, you might want to get a second opinion on that, my ortho is good.

Michele

if you have more questions just ask

michele

#26 Post by michele »

Jonathan,
Would you mind putting in your location (city, state) in your profile.

Thanks
Michele

Jonathan

#27 Post by Jonathan »

michele wrote:Jonathan,
Would you mind putting in your location (city, state) in your profile.

Thanks
Michele
I can't say I full understand why... It seems to me that where we are from is rather irrelvant. We are all people with braces and such which I think is the only relevant commonality. I don't mind people knowing my full name, because if you want to look me up, you can. I have nothing to hide, but giving out information freely just seems a little too, *shrug* something... I'd much rather people look me up and try to get all the information themselves...
~~"The past determines our fate, but how we respond to our fate determines our destiny." - Jonathan Broedel, 11/17/02

michele

#28 Post by michele »

You can do what ever you want I just thought some people on here might want to know where you live. I have to get back to my last problem on the lp project. I keep trying and getting the wrong answer, according to the teacher.

Bye,

Michele

michele

#29 Post by michele »

Hi,
I just got home from my 9th adjustment. I got a new lower wire I think it is a steel 18 wire, it got heat treated. I also got two new hooks on my upper wire one on the left again and a new one on the right. The hooks do not go as far back as last time on the left they go back to the first molars and not to the second molars like last time. I feel most of this adjustment on the right because I have not had rubberbands there for almost 3 months (since the beginning of december, and when I was wearing rubberbands on the right they were a smaller size). For now it seems that all of my gaps have closed up so no powerchain on the bottom. I also got a wire tie on top 2-2 again. I hope my upper wire will not be shifting again. My next adjustment is just a check up.

Michele

michele

#30 Post by michele »

Hi,
I just got home from the ortho. I had a bracket come off the bottom yesterday before my cleaning. I got the bracket put back on, and got a new 18x25 wire same wire as I have on top. I guess I will get the steel wire back at the next adjustment or the one after that. I am hoping this does not push back my treatment any.

Michele