Bad day with IPR

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

teisha

Bad day with IPR

#1 Post by teisha »

So today i went in for my three month cleaning and some drilling for fun. I've had IPR about 4 other times on my top teeth, in the molars and to be quite honest I didn't know what the big deal was.

Then today happened. My major crowding is in my bottom teeth, they are pretty much piled on top of each other. So my Dentist today had to do IPR on the four front bottom teeth. The first one, was okay. More akward, but then the second, hello blood and pain. Apparently my teeth touch below the gums, or something like that, so it made it especially painful. And while usually I am okay with anything a dentist does to me(never complained before) I could not stop squirming. By the third and fourth tooth he was asking that I stay still but it was so painful that I just couldnt. It was like a really bad tooth ache that kinda jolts you. Over, and over. SO pretty much he didn't finish the last tooth, and I go back in 3 weeks for more fun. So after 5 months this is my first setback:(

I dunno, has anyone else had any bad experiences with IPR? Do you think they could freeze my gums? lol seriously, adn its an hour later and im still bleeding into my trays. YUCK! well I guess no pain no gain right?
okay my complaints are done.. I promise:) but the worst part about all this is knowing that im going back for more. Dun dun dun.

Oliver11

#2 Post by Oliver11 »

Sorry to hear about the IPR being so bad:( I had some done a few weeks ago, it was a 0.4mm and by 0.3mm it was starting to hurt and bleed. They ortho just told me to go home and get the rest of it done on my next visit. When I went back it was over really fast and didn't hurt at all. Do you know how much they had to file off? he said my 0.4mm was a lot and it's usually much lesss.

gs

IPR

#3 Post by gs »

Every time I go (every 6 weeks) they do IPR. However, it's never hurt, although it's not the most unpleasant thing, just weird. I don't know how many mm they're doing each time though..

teisha

#4 Post by teisha »

I know on the Bottom's they were doing .5's and .4's. Im hoping that by the next visit because my bottom's have shifted a little bit with this aligner, it will relieve some of the pressure under the gums and thus get rid of pain (i pray that this happens). Pretty much I just hope there is less blood. I remember just coming out of the dentist office with blood all over my mouth and in it.. Blah.. Disiaster zone. So hopefully next week less blood;)