jt2lang is still thrilled... heartbeat on page 28 ha!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

manglemouth

Re: So here they are!

#1 Post by manglemouth »

I have to agree with you, your braces DO really look great! Wow you can barely see the ones on top at all! They match the color of your teeth so perfectly!

Congratulations on taking the plunge! I am 5 days into treatment and haven't had any real pain yet either. I think they ease you into it or something LOL cause my ortho said he was gonna give me a really thin archwire to start out with. Just like you said, isn't this heaven compared to spacers? :lol:

Your teeth look really nice, I am sure you will have fantastic results! :jump:

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Hey, I used to have a bit a lot like that! My open bite stretched all the way from my incisors to the first of my second molars, it was a biggie.

4 years' treatment? Wow. Is that because you need to close gaps left by pulling baby teeth?

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

Yep, you've got pretty much everything I had/have, minus the impacted teeth. It's probably the latter that is contributing to your projected time frame.

The S word was mooted in my case too, but like you I wanted to see what braces alone could do. I have not been disappointed.

You never know.....you may come out in under your estimated time frame.

cowlypso

#4 Post by cowlypso »

Those are some nice looking braces you've got there.

Definitely don't be afraid to use the wax. I know it seems a little awkward to be putting it on in places where people might see it, but it feels so much better. And really, you won't be using it for long. I think I used it for maybe 3 days or so before I was able to go without. So go ahead and use it for a few days, because it's much easier to deal with a tender mouth than one that's totally cut up.

Make sure that you keep water with you when you are teaching. Talking definitely does me in, and I have to drink lots of water when I am teaching to keep my mouth wet. Otherwise, if your mouth gets dry, the brackets stick to the inside of your lips and things are not happy. So keep that water bottle handy!

-Michael-

#5 Post by -Michael- »

Indeed those are nice! I can barely tell you have upper braces. Looks like only a thin retainer wire going around your teeth. That is very cool. Never heard of 'Clarity' before but they look really good! :D

-Michael-

sdp5543

#6 Post by sdp5543 »

jt2lang wrote:
That's just plain greedy!
Haha. Thanks.

My teeth are still kinda achy when I eat - but otherwise no pain. They don't hurt during any other time.

I'm still taking a few Advil a day as a precaution, but I think I'll try tomorrow without.

I'm thrilled!
How do you do it? It's the extreme ache that bugs me. Just as soon as I think they've calmed down it seems like they start moving again. I've been using Motrin but my ortho and my physician friend said I should taper off soon and swith to Tylenol. My ortho said it would hinder teeth movement (definitely can't do that) and my phys said too much Motrin has nasty side effects. I'll start Tylenol tomorrow--I'm just a big baby.

swiss1

#7 Post by swiss1 »

Glad things are going well so far - your clear brackets are really clear - they look great! Here's to some progress very soon!

manglemouth

#8 Post by manglemouth »

All that in 4 days? That is amazing!!!!

Congrats Image

nvcarissa

#9 Post by nvcarissa »

Not to be a wet blanket here, but it just looks like the lower jaw is in a different position in the second picture. All the teeth seem to be in a different position, and that's just not possible in four days. A small gap closing (with powerchains)? Yes. But a complete shift? No.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

MissJoey

#10 Post by MissJoey »

You are such an inspiration to me! And to think that you're a teacher. Its great to know that there is someone out there willing to do what it takes to improve their life, no matter what. I feel very encouraged to know that there are so many adults getting braced everyday. I feel a lot better now. Keep us updated on your story. I can't wait to see how you progress!!!

MissJoey

MissJoey

#11 Post by MissJoey »

I'm so proud that you have finally begun your journey! I've got my spacers in, and my brace day is this coming Monday, March 12th. I'm very excited, and I'm trying to get all of my supplies together for when I start. I've bought jello, pudding, mashed potatoes, and other soft stuff to eat. My teeth are already feeling tender with these spacers (I've got 8 in), so I'm a little aprehensive about the pain. Many friends have told me to beware and to have plenty of Advil on hand. So I'm in preparation. It's great to see so many people on here. The support is so wonderful to have. I'm really excited. I'll have to post pictures soon.

MissJoey

egocidal

#12 Post by egocidal »

But I definitely see movement that I was not expecting so early. My top teeth overlap my bottom teeth now by maybe half a millimeter resting normally. I've never been able to even forcefully pull my bottom teeth behind my top teeth in any way.
In just four days? :shock: I'm inspired--or rather, I hope my overbite gets inspired lol. Your arch looks more symmetrical now, best of luck for your four-year sentence though :(

Wonderful attitude you got there, it's so nice to hear you're making it easier for students to get braces since it's still such a prime target for teasing. Keep smiling!

Nawners

#13 Post by Nawners »

HOLY COW!!!! :shock:
That is CRAZY movement in just a little over two weeks!!
I bet you are so excited!
:D
~There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus~

RightMyBite

#14 Post by RightMyBite »

That's great to see results so obviously! There's nothing like change (read: progress) to keep us motivated about a process that's otherwise not much fun :P Keep posting those inspirational pictures!

chillin-in-grilz

#15 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

4 years!!!!!!!!!! are u serious?
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007