Is it Normal for....

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

katia2298

Is it Normal for....

#1 Post by katia2298 »

Okay is it normal for the wires to feel loose after your teeth start moving? First I thought the bracket was loose but I realize its the wire around the bracket. Do I need to see the ortho?

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

If it's an early wire, yes it's quite normal for it to have some "play".

katia2298

#3 Post by katia2298 »

Its odd though, when my tonge hits it, it feels really loose but when i use my finger it barely moves. I don't think its the bracket, it def seems to be the wire. Thanks for your imput. :P

antsika

#4 Post by antsika »

Hi . ., I had the same experience especially between the teeth where I had an extraction. No I have stronger wire and it doesn't feel lose at all.

Good luck on your journey!

Upper and lower Evolution linguals
B-day: 30. 06. 2006
Treatment time app. 2 years

katia2298

#5 Post by katia2298 »

Do you think I should head back to the ortho if it jiggles with my tongue? Like if its loose doesn't it affect the pressure on my teeth?

antsika

#6 Post by antsika »

I felt exactly the same as you, it was jiggling if I touched it with my tongue but when I tried it with my finger it didn't feel like that.
So I didn't go back to the ortho, and it was ok. First because my teeth were so uneven I had a very flexible wire and that is why it felt lose. Now I have a much thicker, stronger wire, which doesn't move at all.
Do you feel it jiggling where the teeth are a bit more far from each other? If yes, it is probably because on that part it has the possibility to move a little bit.
The system of my first wire was that it took back it's original shape (which is the ideal) when meeting something hot. So when I was drinking hot tea or eating soup I was feeling the pressure more even with this loseness.
So in my opinion it doesn't effect the treatment but of course I am not an ortho and if you have the possibility to ask or visit the ortho it is the best to ask him/her.

katia2298

#7 Post by katia2298 »

Thanks! I was really concerned, thinking I bit into something too hard. I'll prolly just call the ortho and ask tomorrow but talking to you helped. :O) So thanks again.

antsika

#8 Post by antsika »

Yes, I thought the same :)
You are welcome, any time!