Just Got Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nvcarissa

#16 Post by nvcarissa »

Day two: SOMEBODY KILL ME.
Oh my! Does that bring back memories. I was so sore I couldn't even bite pasta with my incisors!

This too shall pass.

CSI Vegas is best of the three, but sweetie and I watch CSI Boobiami (oops - Miami) just for the camp. (What could be better than making fun of a red-headed, mascara-wearing, white guy who thinks he is God's gift to the world?)

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

Metalat36

#17 Post by Metalat36 »

NinjaNoodles wrote:Day two: SOMEBODY KILL ME.
I'm on day 4 and couldn't say it better. Thank God for the person that invented wax. I still can't eat solid food. :cry:

iBorg

#18 Post by iBorg »

A trivia bit about ALF (real name Gordon Shumway), he was going to be a dentist. "With only four teeth how hard can that be."

Most of the episodes are available on DVD. My eight year old is hooked on it. Still believe its a better show than CSI.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

OctoberMM

#19 Post by OctoberMM »

I can hardly eat. Today's meals have been a random sampling of what I can and can't have - i.e. spending 5 minutes on a single chip.

I hope it only gets better from here.

The current favorite is milk and cookies, although SpaghettiO's are a close second.

nico07

#20 Post by nico07 »

lol! Alf-a relic of the '80s. What a weird show, now that I remember it!

ghostmyimag3

#21 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

Just wait, i've had mine on a week and i have scraped up lips. I have wire ligatures and they like to come away from my tooth and scrape my lips before i can make it back to my dept to push it back to the tooth.
Plus im thirsty all the time. I can't get enough to drink. And it takes me 45 minutes to do my nightly cleaning routine. Oh and don't forget the 2 hours it takes me to eat a sandwich ha ha.
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

PrincessMelody

#22 Post by PrincessMelody »

ahhhh, the sweet beginnings of the world of braces :lol: I feel you 100% It is NOT fun. But it gets SO much better. You will be able to eat a chip in 30 seconds instead of 5 mins. I remember the day two feeling... I wanted to die too.

OctoberMM

#23 Post by OctoberMM »

Day 3 is actually a little better.

OctoberMM

#24 Post by OctoberMM »

ddgjkasdgladhdrh Never mind.

Just accidentally hit a tooth with a spoon, feels like day 2 again.

wonderstuf

#25 Post by wonderstuf »

Hang in there, it gets better! Have a milkshake in the meantime :)

i!i!

#26 Post by i!i! »

Day 1 for me hurt the most. Maybe that's because I got them on early in the morning. Days 1-2 hurt. Day 3 slight pain. Day 4-7 sore. 3 weeks in and I still can't tear food.

i!i!

#27 Post by i!i! »

double post